Firearms CHAT: [insert chat title here]

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: Firearms CHAT: [insert chat title here]

Post by NT2C » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:28 pm

boskone wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:46 pm
RickOShea wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:36 pm
The Grand Master of the Not F*ucking Around Coalition explains how one of his militia members managed to have an "accidental discharge" that wounded three other NFAC members at a protest march last Saturday.....and I can't, I just can't. :rofl:

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/v ... 156321149/
Could we get a tl;dr? I dunno if the video's down, something on my network's blocking it, or what but when I try to watch that link it just throws some error about the video not being available and to try back later.
I was able to watch the whole thing and I can't think of any way to make a tl:dr out of it. It's just all solid :rofl:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

boskone

Post by boskone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:49 pm

NT2C wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:28 pm
boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
The Grand Master of the Not F*ucking Around Coalition explains how one of his militia members managed to have an "accidental discharge" that wounded three other NFAC members at a protest march last Saturday.....and I can't, I just can't. :rofl:

Could we get a tl;dr? I dunno if the video's down, something on my network's blocking it, or what but when I try to watch that link it just throws some error about the video not being available and to try back later.
I was able to watch the whole thing and I can't think of any way to make a tl:dr out of it. It's just all solid :rofl:
So, they're not all--I think the phrase was--solid, reliable shooters?

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:01 am

boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

TL;DR - grand masters clam: locking the bolt to the rear of an AR15, then tapping the but stock makes the rifle fire.
Tim - demonstrates that is BS.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:58 am

boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

TL:DR
Grand Master: I don't know anything about AR's, but am proud to say i don't faint when I touch one. So let me teach you about this fully semi automatic, multiple clip fed, bullpup [because extreme recoil] WEAPON that kills a soldier a day in basic training due to ND's.

Yeah that's the ticket. My wife, Morgan Fairchild, (whom i've seen naked on mulitple occasions) agrees.

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 am

boskone wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:49 pm
NT2C wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:28 pm
boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

So, they're not all--I think the phrase was--solid, reliable shooters?
Let's just say that it's obvious now that NFAC really stands for No Fucking Actual Competence. :roll:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:21 pm

For those of you with a Ruger PC carbine, there's an enhanced mag release out. Not sure if there's already been one out, but if not this looks interesting.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Just posting that I missed you all.

And that I'm an HK guy now.... You fucking poors.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:46 pm

boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

It's a 2 minute long video about how firearms work. Literally everything he says is factually incorrect, save his introduction "I'mma show you how stupid some people can be". You should try to find it elsewhere. Totally worth watching.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:03 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:11 pm

:clap:
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:05 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 pm
It'll still feed haha.

A dude was selling an HK45 online locally and had a picture with the backward round in his ad as a subtle joke. I noticed it and hoped for a discount because HK reasons. Then I realized, as a modern HK guy, I don't need a discount.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 pm

yossarian wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:46 pm
boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

It's a 2 minute long video about how firearms work. Literally everything he says is factually incorrect, save his introduction "I'mma show you how stupid some people can be". You should try to find it elsewhere. Totally worth watching.
I actually by pure happenstance caught at least a bit of it earlier today.

I could have sworn the guy claimed to be former military, but I can't see how that's possible given how he didn't get a single technical detail correct.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:10 pm

boskone wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 pm
yossarian wrote:
boskone wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

I could have sworn the guy claimed to be former military, but I can't see how that's possible given how he didn't get a single technical detail correct.
Giving a full benefit of the doubt to his claims:

Not everyone in the military, or police for that matter, are "gun people." He could have been a mechanic, a journalist, a band member, a pencil pusher, a radio operator, or any number of other things. I'm not sure my dad fired a round in his Navy time. I'm not sure either of my in-laws fired a shot while in the Navy.

Just saying.

IF we give the benefit of the doubt.

Even some of my ex-ranger friends cannot tell the difference between a revolver and an auto. They can run US gov weapons, but nothing else.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 am

woodsghost wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:10 pm
boskone wrote:
yossarian wrote:
boskone wrote:

Not everyone in the military, or police for that matter, are "gun people." He could have been a mechanic, a journalist, a band member, a pencil pusher, a radio operator, or any number of other things. I'm not sure my dad fired a round in his Navy time. I'm not sure either of my in-laws fired a shot while in the Navy.

Just saying.

Even some of my ex-ranger friends cannot tell the difference between a revolver and an auto. They can run US gov weapons, but nothing else.
he also clamed to buy it in Germany, and that his featureless AR15 was made in 1990.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:05 am

emclean wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 am
woodsghost wrote:
boskone wrote:
yossarian wrote:

Just saying.

he also clamed to buy it in Germany, and that his featureless AR15 was made in 1990.
Sigh.....

Some people are just idiots.

Actually, I have a FNC made in Germany, but the magazine tube causes the stock to fall off, so I can't use it for defense. It's in 45-70, which is the only round I trust for home defense. I could maybe trust a .410, because it is pretty close to the 45-70, but I just opt for the reliability of the 45-70 in wet weather conditions and at night. So the guy might know what he is talking about. I'll have to ask him what he thinks of the 45-70, and that will let you know if he is a serious operator.

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:30 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:11 pm

HK customer service motto: "Because you suck, and we hate you."
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:37 pm

woodsghost wrote:
boskone wrote:
yossarian wrote:
boskone wrote:

Just saying.

That seems odd to me, because the various Chair Farce personnel at Dyess at least know what their weapons were called and the fundamentals of how they worked.

...though they'd also just wander down-range whenever the shooting happened to lull, which really kinda makes "being dumber than a Dyess airman" a pretty sad bar.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 pm

TFB - Fiocchi USA To Expand With New Facility In Arkansas

The Italian ammunition manufacturer, Fiocchi, is looking to expand its operations in the US with a new manufacturing facility in Little Rock, Arkansas. The new Little Rock plant will operate alongside Fiocchi’s current facility in Ozark, Missouri.

Fiocchi isn’t the only firearms or ammunition manufacturer to base their operations in Arkansas. CZ-USA announced plans to build their headquarters and production facilities in Little Rock last May. While SIG Sauer’s ammunition manufacturing arms has been based in Jacksonville since 2017.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:06 pm

boskone wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:37 pm
woodsghost wrote:
boskone wrote:
yossarian wrote:

Just saying.

That seems odd to me, because the various Chair Farce personnel at Dyess at least know what their weapons were called and the fundamentals of how they worked.

...though they'd also just wander down-range whenever the shooting happened to lull, which really kinda makes "being dumber than a Dyess airman" a pretty sad bar.
I might have said that slightly wrong.

They can run a US military weapon forward and backwards. But are completely unaware of what rounds a revolver would shoot, or why someone would by a Sig or a CZ (and one of those friends got brought up to speed when he decided to take home defense seriously. He bought a Sig). He had never fired a shotgun (I fixed that). He inherited a revolver I think he still has not fired.

I hope that clarifies what I was talking about. Or maybe not.

My experience is: just cuz someone can beat the pants off me in a firefight, does not mean they are experts or even very knowledgeable about other guns.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:40 pm

TFB - Sao Paulo Police Select the Steyr AUG SMG in .40 Caliber

Brazil’s Military Police of São Paulo State (PMESP) have selected the Steyr AUG in its submachine gun configuration to fulfil an order for 1,000 submachine guns. The Steyr AUG A3 in submachine gun configuration, feeding from a .40 caliber extended Glock magazines was the winning bidder for the contract. The Steyr beat out competition from B&T and Shield Arms. In the negotiation phase, Steyr offered the lowest final bid, $2,580 per weapon.

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 am

Is it just me, or is having a pic rail parallel with the muzzle device a bad idea? I didn't know Steyr offered those in pistol calibers. They look fun. Also, if the cops there are trained like the cops in my AO, it's only a matter of time before an officer ND's that short thing into their own body part. It looks almost too small.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:25 pm

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:36 pm

For reloaders- I put in an order with Missouri Bullet Company (cast bullets only) last week and they said expect 3-4 weeks for shipping. My package showed up yesterday. It was only 1500 bullets, but still impressed how fast they got it out.

Sure beats Botach. I put two orders in with them at the end of April. One shipped after a couple weeks- one was just canceled, despite showing in stock when I ordered it......
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:39 pm

PistolPete wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 am
Is it just me, or is having a pic rail parallel with the muzzle device a bad idea? [snip...]
It might be a compensator and so there's no slot on the bottom in this case. Not really, just don't put your hand up that way.

I see a lot of lights even with the blast zone on a muzzle device these days. I have a rifle that if my suppressor is off the light is about 1/4" exposed. And a pistol who's light is beyond the end of the barrel.

Most of these pistols and rifles in the video link are examples of this:
[click the link.]
https://youtu.be/d0_5gj_xkwE?t=397

Watch the video from the beginning if you like CoD.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”