Firearms Chat: [REDACTED - for your safety]

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Locked
User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8535
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:38 am

Label makers with outdoor rated label tapes included are fairly cheap. The last one I bought was a pretty fancy one and came with 4 tapes for something like $30 at Costco and a quick glance at Amazon shows at least one for that price.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:51 am

NT2C wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:38 am
Label makers with outdoor rated label tapes included are fairly cheap. The last one I bought was a pretty fancy one and came with 4 tapes for something like $30 at Costco and a quick glance at Amazon shows at least one for that price.
He's gonna need that shotgun if he's venturing to Costco haha
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:53 am

quazi wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:12 am
Hmmm, I don't own a label maker but I do have half a roll of labels around here somewhere.

I like the electrical tape idea. It probably wouldn't stick on that great but I imagine I'd be able to peel it off and clean it pretty easily. I've only got black electrical tape but my paint pen over top of it should work I would guess.

Are the cheap side-by-sides with hammers that Century imported a while back functional? I don't need a nice shotgun, but I would like something that was reasonably reliable.

Edit: I just re-read the part about labels being coated so they don't attract moisture. Maybe that would be the way to go over electrical tape. Although electrical tape doesn't seem like the kind of stuff that would absorb moisture (but I don't really know.)
I don't like hammer fired side by sides.... But that's me.

Dude on Alaskaslist is selling a 20 gauge coach gun. 2 triggers and 0 hammers... The best way
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
Langenator
* * *
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)
Location: Aggieland, TX

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Langenator » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:59 am

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:56 pm
Langenator wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:40 pm
OK, tell me more about the baoynet lug on the second AR from the left. The one without the A frame front sight gas block. I need one like that for the upper build I'm working on.* Who makes it, what's it called where did you get it?
That lug was cut off from the front half of an old clamp-on gas block....I think a Yankee Hill.
Hmm...I was wondering about taking and A2 type front sight block and chopping the sight part off, and would a handguard fit over it, at least partially, with the lug out far enough to engage the bayonet.

Something to find a smith and talk about, I guess.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

boskone
* * * * *
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Aggieland-ish

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by boskone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:25 pm

quazi wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:43 am
Do you folks know if masking tape will corrode a blued firearm over time? I'm thinking of potentially having a "community" double barrel at my grandmother's house. We frequently have call to blast some animal there and there and bears frequently wander through. Most of my relatives have experience shooting firearms but it's a weird situation where a lot of guns get left there and people often don't know what's loaded in what. I figure if there was one shotgun with one barrel labeled "birdshot" and one barrel labeled "slug" that might help with the pest control problem.
If you don't mind an alternate suggestion, how 'bout a single-barrel break-open with some rounds in a saddle? Then people can just look at the business end of the round and see what it is, and the gun can be left empty.

User avatar
quazi
* * * * *
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:51 am
Location: AK

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by quazi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:17 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:53 am
I don't like hammer fired side by sides.... But that's me.

Dude on Alaskaslist is selling a 20 gauge coach gun. 2 triggers and 0 hammers... The best way
Why don't you like hammer fired? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd like to know because I've never owned a SxS and only ever shot one once.

The main thing is I want to be able to choose which barrel to fire, and I want that process to be very intuitive without having to slow down to figure it out. All of my relatives have shot hammered single-shots, but if the hammerless is easy then I'm definitely interested.

I'll look for that shotgun on Alaskalist, thanks!
boskone wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:25 pm
If you don't mind an alternate suggestion, how 'bout a single-barrel break-open with some rounds in a saddle? Then people can just look at the business end of the round and see what it is, and the gun can be left empty.
I don't mind suggestions, they are definitely welcome!

I do love single-shot shotguns, I own several and when I lived at my grandmother's house they were often my go-to for pest problems. There's also the advantage of my family members all being familiar with them.

The butt cuff shell holders are tricky because half of my family is right handed and half is left handed (and a bunch of cross-eye dominant weirdos).

It's also been my experience with trying to switch between different shot shells that a couple seconds absolutely do matter when trying to nail a chicken eating fox.

I do think your suggestion is good, but I think I'd like to try something else.

User avatar
quazi
* * * * *
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:51 am
Location: AK

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by quazi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 pm

My grandma's house is both wonderful and frustrating because it's a center of activity for so many people. It's wonderful because so many relatives and friends of the family congregate there, it's frustrating because it leads to a lot of "too many cooks in the kitchen" type stuff.

A selection of relevant derp, off the top of my head.
*Two incidents of rabbits in the garden being shot with 3" slugs, because that's what was in the shotgun
*My brother trying to shoot something with my Mossberg 930, but not being used to semi-auto or Mossberg safeties him pressing the bolt release over and over thinking it was the safety.
*My uncle blasting at a fox with a .375 H&H because it was loaded up and ready due to grizzlies hanging around
*My uncle emptying a tube of 3" slugs at a squirrel because he assumed the shotgun was loaded with birdshot
*My grandmother trying to shoot something (don't remember what) with a .22, firing one shot then not being sure what to do do get it to fire again because she wasn't used to semi-autos
*My grandmother and mother in separate instances not being able to shoot pest squirrels with a .22 because it had a scope on it and they never used scopes growing up
*Me loading a shotgun with rubber buck to run off dogs after an attack on our chickens, but then shooting a dog with rubber buck when it warranted real buckshot, then stupidly putting the rubber buckshot back in (luckily a family member checked and put in some heavy birdshot and managed to hit the dog that needed killed)

That's not counting things like people moving, loading and unloading firearms. Or the times when I grabbed a shotgun with birdshot or buckshot and then couldn't shoot because the animal got too far away, or on the other side grabbing a rifle but I couldn't shoot because the animal ran a direction that was unsafe for rifle fire but birdshot would have been fine.

I'm really hoping to simplify things down, and only have one long gun that is kept loaded and in a place that is quickly accessible for an adult.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8535
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:36 pm

quazi wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 pm
My grandma's house is both wonderful and frustrating because it's a center of activity for so many people. It's wonderful because so many relatives and friends of the family congregate there, it's frustrating because it leads to a lot of "too many cooks in the kitchen" type stuff.

A selection of relevant derp, off the top of my head.
*Two incidents of rabbits in the garden being shot with 3" slugs, because that's what was in the shotgun
*My brother trying to shoot something with my Mossberg 930, but not being used to semi-auto or Mossberg safeties him pressing the bolt release over and over thinking it was the safety.
*My uncle blasting at a fox with a .375 H&H because it was loaded up and ready due to grizzlies hanging around
*My uncle emptying a tube of 3" slugs at a squirrel because he assumed the shotgun was loaded with birdshot
*My grandmother trying to shoot something (don't remember what) with a .22, firing one shot then not being sure what to do do get it to fire again because she wasn't used to semi-autos
*My grandmother and mother in separate instances not being able to shoot pest squirrels with a .22 because it had a scope on it and they never used scopes growing up
*Me loading a shotgun with rubber buck to run off dogs after an attack on our chickens, but then shooting a dog with rubber buck when it warranted real buckshot, then stupidly putting the rubber buckshot back in (luckily a family member checked and put in some heavy birdshot and managed to hit the dog that needed killed)

That's not counting things like people moving, loading and unloading firearms. Or the times when I grabbed a shotgun with birdshot or buckshot and then couldn't shoot because the animal got too far away, or on the other side grabbing a rifle but I couldn't shoot because the animal ran a direction that was unsafe for rifle fire but birdshot would have been fine.

I'm really hoping to simplify things down, and only have one long gun that is kept loaded and in a place that is quickly accessible for an adult.
Good lord man! Reading this it seems at least half your problem is lack of training with the firearms on hand and that's both a prep fail and a firearms ownership fail.

I don't know about your house but my house has a very hard and fast rule that every person in the household gets trained and qualified in the operation and handling of every firearm in the house. I'm not talking about formal training with an NRA certified instructor (though slack would be made in the family budget for such a thing if it was desired), I'm talking about being shown how to load, fire, unload, clean every firearm, and being tested on it. To us, it's basic firearm safety because "I didn't know it would do that" is a lousy reason for a funeral. My recommendation to you is that you start training people at your grandma's house on how to do at least the first three of those four operations on each firearm, or else they don't get allowed to touch it. If you can't do that then you need to remove the ones they are untrained on from the premises.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
quazi
* * * * *
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:51 am
Location: AK

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by quazi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:36 pm
Good lord man! Reading this it seems at least half your problem is lack of training with the firearms on hand and that's both a prep fail and a firearms ownership fail.

I don't know about your house but my house has a very hard and fast rule that every person in the household gets trained and qualified in the operation and handling of every firearm in the house. I'm not talking about formal training with an NRA certified instructor (though slack would be made in the family budget for such a thing if it was desired), I'm talking about being shown how to load, fire, unload, clean every firearm, and being tested on it. To us, it's basic firearm safety because "I didn't know it would do that" is a lousy reason for a funeral. My recommendation to you is that you start training people at your grandma's house on how to do at least the first three of those four operations on each firearm, or else they don't get allowed to touch it. If you can't do that then you need to remove the ones they are untrained on from the premises.
That is essentially the plan, I am trying to get the surplus of firearms removed and/or stored differently. Everyone who is younger than a senior citizen has had formal safety training (and most of the senior citizens have as well, and most of the adults have taken more advanced classes than basic safety). The issue is more familiarization, and that's what I'm trying to remedy.

The problem has been that it's not anyone's house except my grandmother's, but a large number of people spend part time there. It's a working homestead that also gets used as a jumping off point for a lot of outdoor stuff (hunting, fishing, gold mining, etc.) and as part-time living and storage for a lot of people when they move houses. That lead to too many guns in the gun room, which was a prep fail, and that's what I'm aiming to fix. Once the shotgun gets purchased (if that's what we end up getting) everyone is going to get some time behind it.

It's never going to be as simple as say, a suburban house with no livestock and a few full-time residents, but I can certainly improve it by quite a bit.

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3355
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:13 pm

quazi wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Why don't you like hammer fired? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd like to know because I've never owned a SxS and only ever shot one once.

The main thing is I want to be able to choose which barrel to fire, and I want that process to be very intuitive without having to slow down to figure it out.
Now I don't claim to be an expert on all doubles as I only have an old Sears model.

But:
1. The hammers are an extra piece to break or snag
2. They are an extra step for manual of arms
3. Slower to reload due to extra manual of arms
4. Can be less reliable due to having firing mechanism exposed

The tough thing is if you don't train on them, remembering which trigger fires which barrel can be tough. And if it's a single trigger, it will be in a certain order so staggering loads won't matter.

Buy a beater pawn shop double.... Paint the base of one barrel orange and that trigger orange. Then paint/mark the other barrel green and the trigger green.

Now you have a Miami themed blaster without thinking
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7298
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.
The YC9 was supposed to have been released September of last year, but I think it got pushed back until possibly this year.

Hi-Point was working on getting the tooling going to build them, according to what I saw from this years SHOT Show coverage.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 14247
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:56 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.
The YC9 was supposed to have been released September of last year, but I think it got pushed back until possibly this year.

Hi-Point was working on getting the tooling going to build them, according to what I saw from this years SHOT Show coverage.
You can get a C9 Yeet Cannon knock off to tide you over until it is released. Consider it a collectors edition suitable for display.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/hi-poi ... non-g1-9mm
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3355
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:56 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.
The YC9 was supposed to have been released September of last year, but I think it got pushed back until possibly this year.

Hi-Point was working on getting the tooling going to build them, according to what I saw from this years SHOT Show coverage.
You can get a C9 Yeet Cannon knock off to tide you over until it is released. Consider it a collectors edition suitable for display.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/hi-poi ... non-g1-9mm
but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.
I would have thought you had a higher quality of firearms as wall decor
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

User avatar
quazi
* * * * *
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:51 am
Location: AK

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by quazi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:05 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:13 pm
Now I don't claim to be an expert on all doubles as I only have an old Sears model.

But:
1. The hammers are an extra piece to break or snag
2. They are an extra step for manual of arms
3. Slower to reload due to extra manual of arms
4. Can be less reliable due to having firing mechanism exposed

The tough thing is if you don't train on them, remembering which trigger fires which barrel can be tough. And if it's a single trigger, it will be in a certain order so staggering loads won't matter.

Buy a beater pawn shop double.... Paint the base of one barrel orange and that trigger orange. Then paint/mark the other barrel green and the trigger green.

Now you have a Miami themed blaster without thinking
Good idea about matching colors on triggers to colors on barrels, if the side the trigger is on doesn't match up to the barrel on the same side.

I don't really know anything about double barrel shotguns. I was assuming that the hammered versions would have a safety transfer bar and no manual safety like most single-shots, but maybe they usually have a manual safety in addition?

One downside of not living in town is that it's difficult for me to go check things out in person. I'm hoping to find something fairly beat up but functional.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 14247
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:58 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:56 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.
The YC9 was supposed to have been released September of last year, but I think it got pushed back until possibly this year.

Hi-Point was working on getting the tooling going to build them, according to what I saw from this years SHOT Show coverage.
You can get a C9 Yeet Cannon knock off to tide you over until it is released. Consider it a collectors edition suitable for display.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/hi-poi ... non-g1-9mm
but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.
I would have thought you had a higher quality of firearms as wall decor
Currently the only firearm on display in the house is Grandpaw's single shot .22 that he was given when he was six. I think it has a value somewhat lower than the Yeet Canon.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8535
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.

Pretty sure they went on sale already. Matt at Demolition Ranch got one.

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3355
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.

Pretty sure they went on sale already. Matt at Demolition Ranch got one.

yea that's not it

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/hi-p ... show-2020/
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8535
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.

Pretty sure they went on sale already. Matt at Demolition Ranch got one.

yea that's not it

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/hi-p ... show-2020/
Ah, I see you're a Hi-Point aficionado then, able to discern and appreciate all the subtle differences.

I never had any interest in them myself.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3355
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:53 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.

Pretty sure they went on sale already. Matt at Demolition Ranch got one.

yea that's not it

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/hi-p ... show-2020/
Ah, I see you're a Hi-Point aficionado then, able to discern and appreciate all the subtle differences.

I never had any interest in them myself.
Yes fly can read
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

boskone
* * * * *
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Aggieland-ish

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by boskone » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:03 am

NT2C wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 pm
flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Hey been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard anything about when Hi Point will release the firearm this thread is named after? The Yeet cannon? Not that I expect to buy one, but the sooner that pistol comes out. The sooner we should see larger capacity carbines. Which I might probably buy.

Pretty sure they went on sale already. Matt at Demolition Ranch got one.
Two things from that video stood out to me: the solder spear, and yeeting the pistol at the end. :lol:

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3355
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:12 am

Well like I said. Not really interested in the pistols. But once the double stack pistol comes out. The carbines can't be far behind. Be pretty cool to have a carbine with a 15-20 round mag for under four hundred in 10 mm auto.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 5724
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 am

From The Des Moines Register
'Clarity' on firearms

Michael Ware, chairman of the Iowa Firearms Coalition, said the order’s provisions around firearms permits brings some clarity to a patchwork of responses from county sheriffs.

Ware said his organization has been “bombarded” with questions from Iowans about how to navigate the issue.

“Sheriffs have a great deal of control and a great deal of responsibility in their 99 respective counties,” he said. “And, unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that leaves the possibility for 99 different policies. And so to have the governor say these are prudent and wise best practices, let’s adhere to these — that helps a lot.”

Currently, Iowans must submit their permits to acquire handguns in person to their local sheriff’s office. However, some counties have closed their buildings to the public to limit the possible spread of the virus.

Reynolds’ order directs each sheriff’s office to create procedures to allow applications for permits to acquire handguns and permits to carry firearms to be dropped off on site without interaction with staff, as well as by mail and online where possible.

“It looks to me like this is a wise way to move forward,” Ware said. “This route employs social distancing and gives people an option to exercise their rights.”

Reynolds’ order also said that state permits to carry weapons will not expire while the proclamation is in effect. However, it doesn’t change federal requirements around background checks.

Iowans undergo a federal background check when they first receive their permit, and they do not have to undergo a new background check each time they purchase a firearm while their permit is valid. Iowans seeking to purchase firearms on a technically-expired Iowa permit will have to undergo a background check at the point of sale, Ware said.

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by moab » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:07 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 am
From The Des Moines Register
'Clarity' on firearms

Michael Ware, chairman of the Iowa Firearms Coalition, said the order’s provisions around firearms permits brings some clarity to a patchwork of responses from county sheriffs.

Ware said his organization has been “bombarded” with questions from Iowans about how to navigate the issue.

“Sheriffs have a great deal of control and a great deal of responsibility in their 99 respective counties,” he said. “And, unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that leaves the possibility for 99 different policies. And so to have the governor say these are prudent and wise best practices, let’s adhere to these — that helps a lot.”

Currently, Iowans must submit their permits to acquire handguns in person to their local sheriff’s office. However, some counties have closed their buildings to the public to limit the possible spread of the virus.

Reynolds’ order directs each sheriff’s office to create procedures to allow applications for permits to acquire handguns and permits to carry firearms to be dropped off on site without interaction with staff, as well as by mail and online where possible.

“It looks to me like this is a wise way to move forward,” Ware said. “This route employs social distancing and gives people an option to exercise their rights.”

Reynolds’ order also said that state permits to carry weapons will not expire while the proclamation is in effect. However, it doesn’t change federal requirements around background checks.

Iowans undergo a federal background check when they first receive their permit, and they do not have to undergo a new background check each time they purchase a firearm while their permit is valid. Iowans seeking to purchase firearms on a technically-expired Iowa permit will have to undergo a background check at the point of sale, Ware said.
This is just to acquire a firearm correct? Not a concealed weapons permit? You have to ask the sheriff to approve it?! Sounds like bullshit to me. Sheriffs have way to much power in IA IMHO. You don't even have to go thru the sheriff here in CA to buy a gun. Just for concealed weapons permits.

I get the point. That they streamed lined their process for the corona virus. But the process to have to go thru the sheriff is problematic.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Locked

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”