Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

boskone

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by boskone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:37 pm

NT2C wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 pm
boskone wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 pm
PistolPete wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:18 am
RickOShea wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm
Henry Repeating Arms announced five new long guns as the company unveiled its X Model series. First teased at the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, these new guns are a complete, ground-up redesign of the lever-action. The five new guns are the:

- Lever Action X Model .45-70
- Lever Action X Model .410 Shotgun
- Lever Action Big Boy X Model – available in .38special/.357Magnum, .44 Special/.44 Magnum and .45 Colt

Really dig those Henry's. A lever gun makes a nice suppressor host.
Yea. A .44 mag in their new Action X is going to be really hard to resist. .44 Spl would be a nice plinking round, and .44 Mag is suitable for deer out to 100yd or so.

Throw a can on it, and it seems like a setup with a lot of potential.
I'm thinking one in .45-70 will make for a good "brush gun", capable of taking down just about anything that threatens you while out hiking or exploring.
If I were in bear territory, I might agree. But since I'm not, I'll save the wear and tear on my shooting shoulder. ;)

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:13 pm

boskone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:37 pm
NT2C wrote:
boskone wrote:
PistolPete wrote:
Yea. A .44 mag in their new Action X is going to be really hard to resist. .44 Spl would be a nice plinking round, and .44 Mag is suitable for deer out to 100yd or so. Throw a can on it, and it seems like a setup with a lot of potential.
I'm thinking one in .45-70 will make for a good "brush gun", capable of taking down just about anything that threatens you while out hiking or exploring.
If I were in bear territory, I might agree. But since I'm not, I'll save the wear and tear on my shooting shoulder. ;)
Can't disagree.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 pm

boskone wrote:
NT2C wrote:
boskone wrote:
PistolPete wrote:

Yea. A .44 mag in their new Action X is going to be really hard to resist. .44 Spl would be a nice plinking round, and .44 Mag is suitable for deer out to 100yd or so.

Throw a can on it, and it seems like a setup with a lot of potential.
Since I'm moving to bear territory...
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 am

NT2C wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 pm
boskone wrote:
NT2C wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:52 pm
I tore cartilage in my shoulder recently just walking with my cane and tripping.
You should probably stick with bear mace. :clownshoes:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:29 am

Beretta 21 soon to be available with a threaded barrel straight from the factory....Zantra will be tickled shitless. :rofl:

TFB - [SHOT 2020] Beretta’s 21A Bobcat will Soon Come with a Threaded Barrel

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:30 pm

I haven't bought Glock mags in a while, been thinking about stocking a couple extras. Anyone trusting Magpul Glock mags 100% these days? Last time I was really paying attention these were new on the scene and the general consensus seemed to be "great for range use, OEM to trust with my life". Still the case?
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:30 pm
I haven't bought Glock mags in a while, been thinking about stocking a couple extras. Anyone trusting Magpul Glock mags 100% these days? Last time I was really paying attention these were new on the scene and the general consensus seemed to be "great for range use, OEM to trust with my life". Still the case?
A local range found they last about 2,000 rounds each in their rental guns. Which makes sense since the mags are plastic.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:58 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 pm
BullOnParade wrote:
A local range found they last about 2,000 rounds each in their rental guns. Which makes sense since the mags are plastic.
About how long do the OEM mags last for them ?

I've only picked up a single Mapgul Glock mag, but that's mostly because Academy is usually sold out or only has the Glock 19 ones (I've got a G17, so I need the full sized ones).

I haven't loaded mine yet, but that's mostly because I keep my OEM mags loaded. I bought the Magpul one as a sort of an impulse buy, if I'm being totally honest.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:10 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:29 am
Beretta 21 soon to be available with a threaded barrel straight from the factory....Zantra will be tickled shitless. :rofl:

TFB - [SHOT 2020] Beretta’s 21A Bobcat will Soon Come with a Threaded Barrel

I've got a Bobcat. Wish they still made the Tomcat. My sister has one. I'd love to have to a silencer on mine. Anyone know if they are legal in WA state?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:24 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
I got a couple of G17 Magpul mags a couple years ago and they are in regular rotation. I have hundreds of rounds through each, not thousands, but they have worked fine so far. It may seem silly, but I don't like loading them as much, they feel a little squishy, if that makes sense. Another option are the ETS magazines, which seem to be reliable as well. This article compares the 3 and may be worth a read.

At only $20, I tend to go for Glock brand, except for the 30+ rounders which I use for range toys, I've got some Korean ones that work fine.
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:44 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 am
NT2C wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 pm
boskone wrote:
NT2C wrote:
NT2C wrote:
I tore cartilage in my shoulder recently just walking with my cane and tripping.
No worries, I shoot just fine with that shoulder. It may ache a little after a day at the range shooting 12 gauge slugs or 7.62x51 but compared to the pain from the nerve damage and the bad knees it's like the difference between catching your finger while closing your laptop and slamming your hand in a car door. It's minor stuff.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:10 pm

I've done the car door/hand thing (and had a discolored fingernail as a souvenir to prove it), but I've never pinched myself with my laptop.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Recoil - Marlin Adds Two New Calibers to Dark Series

There is no doubt about it- lever guns are timeless and cool. Last year, Marlin redefined the look of the traditional lever gun with the release of their Dark Series. The first release consisted of two models: their Model 336 chambered in 30-30 Win and their Model 1895 chambered in 45-70 Govt. Later in the year, they released another Model 1895 chambered in 444 Marlin.

Now, Marlin has released two new calibers in the Dark Series. Both are 1894 models, with one being chambered in 357 Mag/38 Spcl and the other chambered in 44 Rem Mag/ 44 Spcl. The two new models have an MSRP of $1,099.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:14 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:44 pm
RickOShea wrote:
NT2C wrote:
No worries, I shoot just fine with that shoulder. It may ache a little after a day at the range shooting 12 gauge slugs or 7.62x51 but compared to the pain from the nerve damage and the bad knees it's like the difference between catching your finger while closing your laptop and slamming your hand in a car door. It's minor stuff.
Welp, if shooting a 9-ish pound self-loading AR-10 in .308/7.62 Nato caused you to have concerns, then you're really gonna have some fun shooting .45-70 out of a 7.5 pound manual repeater....but hey, you do you, Thundercat. :awesome:

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:12 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:14 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:44 pm
RickOShea wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Welp, if shooting a 9-ish pound self-loading AR-10 in .308/7.62 Nato caused you to have concerns, then you're really gonna have some fun shooting .45-70 out of a 7.5 pound manual repeater....but hey, you do you, Thundercat. :awesome:
I've shot .45-70 before. I'm not worried about it.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:17 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:10 pm
I've done the car door/hand thing (and had a discolored fingernail as a souvenir to prove it), but I've never pinched myself with my laptop.
Stick one finger in your laptop; now close it as you would normally. Doesn't feel like much of anything, does it? That's how a day at the range with my rifles and shotgun feels compared to what I feel all the time from my nerve damage and my knees (fingers in car door simile)

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:29 pm

Whoo, boy...

TFB - [SHOT 2020] Dillon Aero Introduces 503D Tri-Barrel 50BMG

Dillon Aero, makers of the M134D Minigun that is currently in service with the US Military, has come out with a new force multiplier. The Dillon Aero 503D is a tri-barrel 50-caliber rotary machinegun. It is entirely configurable for use aboard helicopters, boats, humvees, or armored vehicles. In other words, it’s a really, really big gun.

The primary concerns that Dillon Aero had while designing the 503D were reliability and durability. To that end, this new system has fewer internal parts than any of its competitors on the market, according to the booth representative. The maximum effective range is 1800 meters, and the 503D has an adjustable firing rate of up to 1500rpm.

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:39 pm

I have to admit the new PSA Glock-alike is actually pretty interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on those, once they get into the public's hands.

And, you know, ignore the inevitable "It can't be good, it costs less than the original Glock". :roll:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:05 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:29 pm
Whoo, boy...

Dillon Aero, makers of the M134D Minigun that is currently in service with the US Military, has come out with a new force multiplier. The Dillon Aero 503D is a tri-barrel 50-caliber rotary machinegun. It is entirely configurable for use aboard helicopters, boats, humvees, or armored vehicles. In other words, it’s a really, really big gun.

The primary concerns that Dillon Aero had while designing the 503D were reliability and durability. To that end, this new system has fewer internal parts than any of its competitors on the market, according to the booth representative. The maximum effective range is 1800 meters, and the 503D has an adjustable firing rate of up to 1500rpm.

List of multiple-barrel firearms

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:42 pm

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:27 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Whoo, boy...

If that ain't a yeet cannon I don't know what is.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:49 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:27 pm
RickOShea wrote:
Whoo, boy...

If that ain't a yeet cannon I don't know what is.
I prefer to think of it as a Boogaloo Bang Bang Bang :crazy:

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm

I picked up a 10.5" 50 Beowulf upper and got a chance to test fire it over the weekend. I ran it on a pistol lower. First shot I smacked myself in the face with the iron sight. That pistol brace puts my face a lot closer to the action than a typical stock. And it seems it recoils a bit more than 556. :lol:

I moved the sight up one notch on the pic rail and that worked much better! It makes big holes.
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:46 am

PistolPete wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm
I picked up a 10.5" 50 Beowulf upper and got a chance to test fire it over the weekend. I ran it on a pistol lower. First shot I smacked myself in the face with the iron sight. That pistol brace puts my face a lot closer to the action than a typical stock. And it seems it recoils a bit more than 556. :lol:

I moved the sight up one notch on the pic rail and that worked much better! It makes big holes.
What brand upper? I'm considering a 50 or 450 Bushy for moose this year...

In other news for the brain trust...

Also, just won a raffle for a rifle.... Budget 6.5 creedmor predator Mossberg Patriot. Haven't gotten a chance to pick it up yet, but excited for a prize gun.

Anyone have thoughts on one??
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”