Firearms Chat: [REDACTED - for your safety]

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Locked
User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 14251
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:29 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:50 pm
Shooting at Pensacola NAS - various wires.
Yeah shades of 9/11, SA aviation student. Guess he was on a no fly list. Also a second attack at Pearl, not known if they are related.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6222
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:29 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:50 pm
Shooting at Pensacola NAS - various wires.
Yeah shades of 9/11, SA aviation student. Guess he was on a no fly list. Also a second attack at Pearl, not known if they are related.
I thought I posted about that?

boskone
* * * * *
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Aggieland-ish

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by boskone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:50 pm

Langenator wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 am
Fun fact: the 20 round magazine remains in the Army inventory because an M16 or M4 with a 20 round mag will fit in the M1950 weapon case used by paratroops. A 30 round mag is too long. So hit the ground, unzip the case, chamber a round, and go.
At least that's solid reasoning, compared to "stop and assemble your rifle". :D

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9411
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:36 pm

TFB - GLOCK: Something Big Is Coming – December 10th 2019


We are days away from the Something Big Is Coming GLOCK live event on December 10th, 2019 and speculation is running wild. Appalachian Mountain Club-esque image teasers bring to mind exploration, trailblazing and adventure. Personally, I’ve heard some fantastically wild guesses ranging from a polymer 1911 and a new line of revolvers to a lever-action rifle. Fear not, 12/10/2019 is just around the corner, and our wait will be over.

There will be a few of you that will be underwhelmed no matter what the announcement brings. On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of shooters worldwide will buy multiple copies – be it GLOCK microfiber scarves or GLOCK double barrel shotguns – in short order.




Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9411
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Since everyone and their Grandmaw is making Glock mag compatible PCC's, I'd think they'd want to jump on that bandwagon....but it will probably be something like a compact, single stack 10mm without a light rail. :ooh:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Glock is making double barrel shotgun with matching scarf ?
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 14251
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Safe On Base

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Stercutus » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:10 pm

flybynight wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:26 pm
Glock is making double barrel shotgun with matching scarf ?
I thought the DX12 was scrapped as too dangerous?
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9411
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Maybe its a new model for folks who live in states that don't allow suppressors...





Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Maybe its a new model for folks who live in states that don't allow suppressors...





Image
That can't be it. It's too tall. They said short. Something about orders. Wait they said " short order " . Glock is making a edible double barrel shotgun ,with matching bib that doubles as a scarf. Those wacky Austrians. How did they know that's just what I needed.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

yossarian
* * * * *
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by yossarian » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:46 pm

flybynight wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 pm
Glock is making a edible double barrel shotgun ,with matching bib that doubles as a scarf. Those wacky Austrians. How did they know that's just what I needed.
They're all edible....once.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 6222
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:12 am

yossarian wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:46 pm
flybynight wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 pm
Glock is making a edible double barrel shotgun ,with matching bib that doubles as a scarf. Those wacky Austrians. How did they know that's just what I needed.
They're all edible....once.
:?:

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:10 am

yossarian wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:46 pm
flybynight wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 pm
Glock is making a edible double barrel shotgun ,with matching bib that doubles as a scarf. Those wacky Austrians. How did they know that's just what I needed.
They're all edible....once.
Yea but if they aren't made to be eaten, they taste shooty
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

User avatar
norcalprep
* *
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by norcalprep » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 am

So for gloves, I got the Mechanix Utility one because that's what I could find on short notice local to me, and it seems to have enough articulation in the trigger finger. I did some dryfire at home, but at the range it was just too much so eventually I just shucked it and stuck HotHands into my pockets and just tried to keep my fingers warm. At 26 degrees though, my skin got so dry and brittle I had cracks in my joints especially where the thumb rides along the stipple. First time my gun tasted blood. At least I was still ringing steel at 50yds.

Incidentally, during the CQB/shoothouse portion, we were doing a bunch of retention shooting holding the pistol right up against the body and I had the weirdest malfunction I've ever experienced. The slide was wedged out of battery and had to nearly mortar the slide to clear it. I have a mini bald spot under my chin now. :oops: :oops:
Image

User avatar
Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really
Location: Texas

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Barr » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:10 am

RickOShea wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:36 pm
TFB - GLOCK: Something Big Is Coming – December 10th 2019


We are days away from the Something Big Is Coming GLOCK live event on December 10th, 2019 and speculation is running wild. Appalachian Mountain Club-esque image teasers bring to mind exploration, trailblazing and adventure. Personally, I’ve heard some fantastically wild guesses ranging from a polymer 1911 and a new line of revolvers to a lever-action rifle. Fear not, 12/10/2019 is just around the corner, and our wait will be over.

There will be a few of you that will be underwhelmed no matter what the announcement brings. On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of shooters worldwide will buy multiple copies – be it GLOCK microfiber scarves or GLOCK double barrel shotguns – in short order.




Image
the G44
It's a Glock in .22
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9411
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:03 am

A G19 sized .22 with a polymer slide....



whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8827
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by NT2C » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:59 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:03 am
A G19 sized .22 with a polymer slide....
Oh.




Joy.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Did Glock just pull a Springfield Armory ?

"Hey, we've got a bunch of customers wanting X, why don't we tease them a bit and then release product Y ? It's just like X, but not really. They'll never know the difference."

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3701
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by woodsghost » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:16 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:03 am
A G19 sized .22 with a polymer slide....



Well....is it $150? Because that would actually take the market by storm.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Doesn't ISSC already make a Glock style pistol in .22lr ?

Actually, I haven't seen those for sale anywhere for awhile, so I'm wondering if Glock sued ISSC and got them to stop making their .22 Glock clone.

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3701
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by woodsghost » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:17 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm
Doesn't ISSC already make a Glock style pistol in .22lr ?

Actually, I haven't seen those for sale anywhere for awhile, so I'm wondering if Glock sued ISSC and got them to stop making their .22 Glock clone.
And maybe bought the tooling for cheap, changed some brand marks, and gave us this?

Just a thought.

I know nothing about the ISSC.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:15 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:17 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm
Doesn't ISSC already make a Glock style pistol in .22lr ?

Actually, I haven't seen those for sale anywhere for awhile, so I'm wondering if Glock sued ISSC and got them to stop making their .22 Glock clone.
And maybe bought the tooling for cheap, changed some brand marks, and gave us this?

Just a thought.

I know nothing about the ISSC.
That could be, Woods. It's been a few years since I've seen any ISSC guns for sale at all. I know they made the aforementioned Glock clone and a SCAR clone in .22lr as well.

The only differences I've noticed between the ISSC pistol and the Glock 44 is that the G44 is missing the slide mounted safety the ISSC pistol had and the slide is made of polymer and steel instead of just steel like the ISSC one.

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by flybynight » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm

What no edible shotgun ? I am scarred for life. :gonk:
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9411
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:56 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:15 pm
woodsghost wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:17 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm
Doesn't ISSC already make a Glock style pistol in .22lr ?

Actually, I haven't seen those for sale anywhere for awhile, so I'm wondering if Glock sued ISSC and got them to stop making their .22 Glock clone.
And maybe bought the tooling for cheap, changed some brand marks, and gave us this?

Just a thought.

I know nothing about the ISSC.
That could be, Woods. It's been a few years since I've seen any ISSC guns for sale at all. I know they made the aforementioned Glock clone and a SCAR clone in .22lr as well.

The only differences I've noticed between the ISSC pistol and the Glock 44 is that the G44 is missing the slide mounted safety the ISSC pistol had and the slide is made of polymer and steel instead of just steel like the ISSC one.
Not steel. Most, if not all of those .22 replica pistols use a lightweight aluminum or zinc slide....for the same reason Glock went with polymer. Also, the ISSC gun has a single-action trigger and an external hammer. So, like a 1911, the external hammer must be thumb cocked before it can fire.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:56 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:15 pm
woodsghost wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:17 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm
Doesn't ISSC already make a Glock style pistol in .22lr ?

Actually, I haven't seen those for sale anywhere for awhile, so I'm wondering if Glock sued ISSC and got them to stop making their .22 Glock clone.
And maybe bought the tooling for cheap, changed some brand marks, and gave us this?

Just a thought.

I know nothing about the ISSC.
That could be, Woods. It's been a few years since I've seen any ISSC guns for sale at all. I know they made the aforementioned Glock clone and a SCAR clone in .22lr as well.

The only differences I've noticed between the ISSC pistol and the Glock 44 is that the G44 is missing the slide mounted safety the ISSC pistol had and the slide is made of polymer and steel instead of just steel like the ISSC one.
Not steel. Most, if not all of those .22 replica pistols use a lightweight aluminum or zinc slide....for the same reason Glock went with polymer. Also, the ISSC gun has a single-action trigger and an external hammer. So, like a 1911, the external hammer must be thumb cocked before it can fire.
I forgot about the external hammer on the ISSC guns. They're pretty rare in my AO, so I don't have any hands on experience with them. I know they exist, but that's pretty much it.

Locked

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”