Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Pennsylvania permit is easy... go to courthouse, pay $20, get photographed and a background check, get license and leave. It takes longer to get a doe tag for hunting than a permit to carry.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:48 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:Pennsylvania permit is easy... go to courthouse, pay $20, get photographed and a background check, get license and leave.
Same here in 'Bama. Used to you had to renew every year, then about seven or eight years ago they started letting you go up to four years at a time. I think you can renew online now, but I haven't tried it yet.

As for does, our gun season runs from the middle of November to the first week of February, and for this coming season looks like you can take three bucks, but as many does as you want (one per day).
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:02 pm

WA has reciprocity with a few other states, not sure which ones exactly. It was kind of entertaining when people who moved out of state after I594 (personal transfers have to be done through an FFL) passed. We had probably a dozen people immediately move to TX, then were bitching about how much work it is to get their CCW and that TX isn't open carry. They are also now away from their family so they cant even do personal transfers of rifles. So I was chuckling a bit.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Halfapint wrote:What do classes cost where everyone is from?
No idea. The training requirement is waived for military vets. :mrgreen:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:28 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
Same in Iowa now. :mrgreen:

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:
Well WA doesn't even need training classes ;) I just wanted to take some to hone skills :-p
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Halfapint wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:
Well WA doesn't even need training classes ;) I just wanted to take some to hone skills :-p
Skillz? Skeellz? We don' need no steenkin' skeelz! :mrgreen:

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Just thought all of you would like to know that I just took a call today at work, from the managing director for "Everytown for gun safety." Just found it, kinda funny. :D

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Halfapint wrote:Just thought all of you would like to know that I just took a call today at work, from the managing director for "Everytown for gun safety." Just found it, kinda funny. :D
That suitcase *never* get found, right? :mrgreen:

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:25 pm

RickOShea wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:Pennsylvania permit is easy... go to courthouse, pay $20, get photographed and a background check, get license and leave.
Same here in 'Bama. Used to you had to renew every year, then about seven or eight years ago they started letting you go up to four years at a time. I think you can renew online now, but I haven't tried it yet.

As for does, our gun season runs from the middle of November to the first week of February, and for this coming season looks like you can take three bucks, but as many does as you want (one per day).
Many AL counties skip the picture.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Halfapint wrote:Just thought all of you would like to know that I just took a call today at work, from the managing director for "Everytown for gun safety." Just found it, kinda funny. :D
funny enough he's going through the settlement for not getting his bag :awesome: I just kinda chuckled lol

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Halfapint wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
funny enough he's going through the settlement for not getting his bag :awesome: I just kinda chuckled lol
I hope that he get shafted. :D

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Stercutus wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Many AL counties skip the picture.
The lady at the courthouse always asks if I want a new picture taken, or just reuse the previous one.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 pm

You guys be careful out there hunting. I hear there's some zombie critters out there trying to suck brains...

Current Weather in My AO

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 pm

Around here a lot of folks have a natural immunity to zombies.Image

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:21 pm

RickOShea wrote:Around here a lot of folks have a natural immunity to zombies
buhahahaha I work with a lot of these immune types..... I just hope when they come I can keep in the middle and they're immunity can shield me.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:29 pm

RickOShea wrote:Around here a lot of folks have a natural immunity to zombies.Image

Same here in Texas.

I've always said that some of the people I've worked with or I'm related to will be safe if zombies ever rise up because they don't have a brain. :lol:

Hell, there's entire towns out here that the zombies would probably just pass right through without attacking anyone because of the lack of brains.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Halfapint wrote:WA has reciprocity with a few other states, not sure which ones exactly. It was kind of entertaining when people who moved out of state after I594 (personal transfers have to be done through an FFL) passed. We had probably a dozen people immediately move to TX, then were bitching about how much work it is to get their CCW and that TX isn't open carry. They are also now away from their family so they cant even do personal transfers of rifles. So I was chuckling a bit.

TX now has legal open carry as of 2015.

As of Sept 1, 2017 open carry of knives over 5.5 inches is now legal.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08 ... words.html

LA & MS always has had legal open carry of any device so long as you can legally own & possess it.
LA has a lifetime CCW permit option, but you still need recurring training every 5 years. I renew online for my LA permit.

Hunting/fishing licenses likewise are available on line and a smartphone image of a license is OK.

MS abolished CCW and went with constitutional carry so no permit is needed at all for CCW.
So no training or permit is required. The only weird thing is that "holsterless waistband carry" is proscribed. Pocket carry is ok as is waistband carry with a holster though?!

This is a link to a reciprocity map by state so you can look up where your CCW is honored.
https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carr ... _maps.html

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 pm

raptor wrote: MS abolished CCW and went with constitutional carry so no permit is needed at all for CCW.
So no training or permit is required. The only weird thing is that "holsterless waistband carry" is proscribed. Pocket carry is ok as is waistband carry with a holster though?!
Interesting. I would guess that the logic is to prohibit "gangsta" carry. The irony is that I've met several retired LEO's that simply tuck a j-frame or 1911 or both into their waistband. These guys were retired before most of today's gangstas were born.

I wonder if a loop of shoelace would legally qualify as a holster.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 pm

Or one of those minimalist, trigger guard "holsters"?

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 am

Don't know if this was mentioned,.. but Ruger's American Rifle now comes chambered for a certain Russian cartridge. Might be my new truck gun.

http://ruger.com/products/americanRifle ... 16976.html
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 am

brothaman wrote:Don't know if this was mentioned,.. but Ruger's American Rifle now comes chambered for a certain Russian cartridge. Might be my new truck gun.
http://ruger.com/products/americanRifle ... 16976.html
Looks nice. It would be on my list, but I am getting out of that caliber.

Delsaw

Post by Delsaw » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:10 am

As an Auburn alum and fan, I support that cartoon!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:48 am

Delsaw wrote:As an Auburn alum and fan, I support that cartoon!
WAR EAGLE !!! Image

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”