Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Bearcat

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Bearcat » Mon May 21, 2018 5:15 pm

And it's back in stock!

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Tue May 22, 2018 12:53 am

I need to get back into the gun swing...or at least prep swing. Cabin fever I think.
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue May 22, 2018 9:47 am

Huh. That company that makes those ratcheting belts makes "CC gun" models.

https://www.facebook.com/Recoil.gun.lif ... 997519327/

https://www.nexbelt.com/pages/mens-gun-belt-series

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed May 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Russians + balloons = fun day at the range.Image

http://www.guns.com/2018/05/23/russians ... ine-video/

Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Remind me to never train with those guys. :shock:

Speaking of live fire stuff, wasn't there an incident where a US trainer accidentally lit up one of his fellow trainers in a dark shoot house ?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed May 23, 2018 7:33 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Remind me to never train with those guys. :shock:

Speaking of live fire stuff, wasn't there an incident where a US trainer accidentally lit up one of his fellow trainers in a dark shoot house ?
Are you referring to the time Sonny Puzikas shot one of his assistant instructors at a class in Texas a few years back?

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed May 23, 2018 7:41 pm

RickOShea wrote:

Are you referring to the time Sonny Puzikas shot one of his assistant instructors at a class in Texas a few years back?
Statement from the Range Owner Regarding the Recent Accidental Shooting

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 23, 2018 8:02 pm

RickOShea wrote:

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of. I couldn't remember if it was him or someone else.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of. I couldn't remember if it was him or someone else.
I believe he's ex-Soviet...so he'll fit in with those Russian doods just fine.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 23, 2018 9:29 pm

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

I believe he's ex-Soviet...so he'll fit in with those Russian doods just fine.

For all we know, he's probably one of the guys in that video. :lol:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri May 25, 2018 3:56 pm

NPR reports a school shooting in Indianapolis. Two injured, no fatalities. A teacher tackled a student, who was the shooter. The student asked to be excused & returned with two handguns & opened fire.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri May 25, 2018 4:51 pm

The Sig P365. A good little gun....all the way up until it breaks. :crazy:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri May 25, 2018 9:05 pm

I stumbled across Active Self Protection on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsE_m2 ... ImeNWh84mw

Interesting. I've seen FerFAL do a couple of analysises like these. Thought I'd share.
Last edited by MPMalloy on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun May 27, 2018 8:56 am

Not really a “stock up while you can” type of opportunity since it’s limited to one per household, but if you feel the need to have a good quality spare lower, it’s not going to get any cheaper than this.

$49.99 for a stripped lower, one day only sale: http://www.primaryarms.com/aero-precisi ... 24HourSale
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

norcalprep

Post by norcalprep » Mon May 28, 2018 8:27 am

Just completed the NRA's Defensive Pistol 2 class as a follow up to the DP1 class I took a month ago. It was a good ratio at 9 students to 2 instructors. 8 hour class with 6 hours at the range.

Anybody who hasn't taken classes yet, I wholeheartedly recommend it! Fun, instructive, and very humbling. From shooting while moving (forwards, backwards, sideways), a large variety of barricade work (kneepads highly recommended!), to attacking each other with dummy knives and airsoft guns in the Teuller drill, I went home aching and grinning ear-to-ear.

The instructors are trying to put together "skills day" of just a few of the drills so we can get in more reps. I'd sign up for every one if I could!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:23 am

Semiauto AA-12 To Be Available For Civilian Sales

"Melbourne, FL – Sol Invictus Arms with Tactical Superiority, Inc. is proud to announce the release of the AA-12 shotgun. This venerable, proven shotgun is a new addition to the Sol Invictus Arms product offering. With several improvements, changes to manufacturing processes and enhanced variants catering to the civilian market, this shotgun, once only available to law enforcement and military is now being re-released to the general public."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:35 am

I believe Invictus is vaporware. I can't find anyone that even carries their guns anywhere on the planet.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:21 am

I'd never heard of "Sol Invictus Arms" before....then again, looks like the company is barely a year old.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 am

Isn't the AA-12 a class 3 weapon?
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm

flybynight wrote:Isn't the AA-12 a class 3 weapon?
A semi-auto version would probably not be class 3.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Was given a Remington 552 "Speedmaster" this weekend. Thing that is awesome about it? Tube fed, semi auto, and cycles 22short, long, and LR! I think it's the only gun out there that can do it. It's very lightly used, spent 40 years behind a couch. The bad, the sight is absolutely horrid, The only way I can shoot it is to tilt it to the left and put the cheek weld on my temple. It's got adjustable sights I may try to raise them up but, if I raise the rear up, it'll off set the font.

Either way, free gun that shoots well and cane use all the .22 ammo out there. Perfect for killing off the invasive English Grey Squirrels on the property.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Ev'rybody dance now!
Ev'rybody dance now!
Give me the music.
Give me the music.
Ev'rybody dance now!
Ev'rybody dance now!
Yeah! Yeah!
Ev'rybody dance now!
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Ev'rybody, Here is the go.
Back with the pace.
My jam is live and I'm best and don't waste time
Off the mic with dope ryhme.
Jump to the rhythm, jump jump..........

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-agent- ... 018-06-03/

:|

Yet another harsh lesson in why white people should not dance without cowboy boots.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Dude definitely has some skills...he'll be in the unemployment line soon.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Halfapint wrote:Was given a Remington 552 "Speedmaster" this weekend. Thing that is awesome about it? Tube fed, semi auto, and cycles 22short, long, and LR! I think it's the only gun out there that can do it. It's very lightly used, spent 40 years behind a couch. The bad, the sight is absolutely horrid, The only way I can shoot it is to tilt it to the left and put the cheek weld on my temple. It's got adjustable sights I may try to raise them up but, if I raise the rear up, it'll off set the font.

Either way, free gun that shoots well and cane use all the .22 ammo out there. Perfect for killing off the invasive English Grey Squirrels on the property.
Those are great! I had one, not sure happened to it. It would shoot short s and LR reliably. It is worth getting the sights fixed on it.

As I remember the disassembly makes a Colt Woodsman and Ruger Mk II seem easy though.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”