Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Locked
User avatar
FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:22 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by FlashDaddy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Carnikcon is the funniest thing I have ever seen! It is the silver lining in the youtube cloud.

Thank You!
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 7669
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by NT2C » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:05 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:I just wish Full30 would change their interface. Right now it looks like it's run on a platform that is used by start-up online stores.

But regardless, I hope the nonactive and small time channels can get a spot there.
I think the best way to help that come about is to financially support Full30 through purchases of their shirts, etc. and support them through patreon.com The biggest hurdle they're facing right now is building their infrastructure. That takes money and a lot of it. It's one of those problems that can be solved by throwing money at it.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:29 pm

YouTube, InRange TV, and PornHub

http://www.recoilweb.com/youtube-inrang ... 35857.html

As we recently discussed, YouTube made some new policies to crack down on firearms channels. Our friends at InRange took a proactive step at moving content away from Youtube–by making an account on PornHub. Yes, you read that right....


*Moar at link



Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 pm

And Spike's Tactical just got hit....

YouTube Just Banned a Florida Gun Manufacturer Without Warning, Claims They Posted 'Violent Content'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... t-n2463247
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by BullOnParade » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:59 pm

So I just got the Warrior/Emerald lever action in the mail today.
Very pleased initially. Despite a rather rough action, I think it has potential.

It's actually very closely based off an 870, which I'm very happy about, because that's the shotgun platform I'm most invested in already.

Pictured here beside a tactical, 12" bbl 870, whose 6 position adjustable stock is at the longest position.

Image

The receiver of the "Warrior" is slightly longer than that of the Special Purpose 870. The guy I bought it off of told me it fed 3" shells no problem, but he hasn't tried firing them, being an aluminum receiver, I don't blame him.

The barrels are similar, but not interchangeable.

(Sorry, photobucket won't let me fix the orientation for some reason)
Image

There's a large extra bit of material behind the chamber on the interior wall of the receiver. Probably supporting the bolt. This prevents the 14" Warrior barrel from going into a standard 870 receiver, and without that material the 870 barrel slides back and forth about 1/2". The profile of the Warrior barrel is also different from that of the 870, and the taper of the 870 profile keeps it from interlocking with the forend, which is what it would locate against.

While the magazine caps are the same thread, the Warrior has a much longer cap, covering close to an inch more thread.

The magazine spring in the warrior (bottom) is huge compared to that of the 870 (top)!
Image

I have a spare 870 tube spring sitting around, I'll try swapping it out, which will probably increase my magazine capacity from 4+1 to 5+1 (I couldn't figure out from pictures why the Warrior was only 4+1 when it was comparable in size to the 870, it's the unnecessary extra length of spring) . But since it's already threaded for chokes, I may also consider a tactical choke and adding a +1 extension.

Looking forward to taking this little toy to the range on Saturday to see how she handles.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:33 pm

RickOShea wrote:YouTube, InRange TV, and PornHub

http://www.recoilweb.com/youtube-inrang ... 35857.html

As we recently discussed, YouTube made some new policies to crack down on firearms channels. Our friends at InRange took a proactive step at moving content away from Youtube–by making an account on PornHub. Yes, you read that right....


*Moar at link



Image
My wife commented that their viewership will likely now increase. Although now I'm not allow to view their videos, so someone please take one for the team and keep me updated.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:55 pm

woodsghost wrote:My wife commented that their viewership will likely now increase. Although now I'm not allow to view their videos, so someone please take one for the team and keep me updated.
Why cant you view the videos? What gives? :?

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:04 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
woodsghost wrote:My wife commented that their viewership will likely now increase. Although now I'm not allow to view their videos, so someone please take one for the team and keep me updated.
Why cant you view the videos? What gives? :?
Cuz my wife does not want me visiting porn sites? I'm betting it has a lot to do with that.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 pm

InRangeTV is already showing-up in PornHub pop-up ads.....



Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:34 pm

RickOShea wrote:InRangeTV is already showing-up in PornHub pop-up ads.....



Image

I love it. They are brilliant.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:09 pm

woodsghost wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
woodsghost wrote:My wife commented that their viewership will likely now increase. Although now I'm not allow to view their videos, so someone please take one for the team and keep me updated.
Why cant you view the videos? What gives? :?
Cuz my wife does not want me visiting porn sites? I'm betting it has a lot to do with that.
Well...Umm...ok. That's a good point. I'm a Man, & I can change, if I have to, I guess.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator
Posts: 7669
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:00 am

woodsghost wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
woodsghost wrote:My wife commented that their viewership will likely now increase. Although now I'm not allow to view their videos, so someone please take one for the team and keep me updated.
Why cant you view the videos? What gives? :?
Cuz my wife does not want me visiting porn sites? I'm betting it has a lot to do with that.
Doesn't want you getting all hot and bothered and looking at her *that* way? :wink:

Yeah, you know the look I'm talking about... :twisted:


The old, "Honey... there's this new gun I'd like to get..." look. :mrgreen:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

User avatar
Langenator
* * *
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)
Location: Aggieland, TX

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by Langenator » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:03 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
raptor wrote:YT should go and engage in solo coitus.
Let me see if I've got YouTube's logic right.

Gun videos and channels= bad and must be censored. You know, "For the children."

Videos of kids eating Tide Pods, that dumbass Logan Paul kid filming a dead body in Japan and cracking jokes about it, and other videos of dubious legality= totally ok and as a matter of fact, featured on the recommended videos list.
"dubious legality" Nothing "dubious" about all the marijuana videos. If the weed can be seen in the video, it's straight up illegal by federal law, and in most states.

If the DEA wanted to be dicks, they'd hit YT with subpoenas/warrants for user info on every user posting pot content.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:16 am

https://www.facebook.com/inrangetv/post ... 5039495101


"Please take a moment to browse through some YouTube content that will not be affected by their new firearms policies:

HOW TO MANUFACTURE METH
Synthesis of Methamphetamine by the Leuckart Method:
"Shake and Bake" Meth manufacture:
Make methylamine hydrochloride:

HOW TO MANUFACTURE CHLOROFORM

EXPLOSIVES
How to make detonators:
Making gun cotton:
DIY Molotov cocktail instructions:

HOW TO COMMIT CRIMES

How to make a fake ID:
How to steal a car:
How not to get caught doing Graffiti:
How to Shoplift:

***************************
IN SUMMARY:

Thank you, YouTube, for keeping the world safe from legal firearms accessories.
You’re truly the moral leaders we need to protect us from ourselves.

~Karl
InRangeTV"


*Actual YT links removed for ZS rule #1.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6032
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: Not Here.

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by the_alias » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:45 am

RickOShea wrote:InRangeTV is already showing-up in PornHub pop-up ads.....



[img]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 294332.jpg[/img]
Calling it now that PornHub will remove them from their service as well. Reasons being political of course.


This is nuts.
Man is a beast of prey

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6774
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:55 am

Langenator wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
raptor wrote:YT should go and engage in solo coitus.
Let me see if I've got YouTube's logic right.

Gun videos and channels= bad and must be censored. You know, "For the children."

Videos of kids eating Tide Pods, that dumbass Logan Paul kid filming a dead body in Japan and cracking jokes about it, and other videos of dubious legality= totally ok and as a matter of fact, featured on the recommended videos list.
"dubious legality" Nothing "dubious" about all the marijuana videos. If the weed can be seen in the video, it's straight up illegal by federal law, and in most states.

If the DEA wanted to be dicks, they'd hit YT with subpoenas/warrants for user info on every user posting pot content.
That'd be a lot of warrants. At last count, I think there was over half a million videos like that on YT.

Speaking of YouTube, if you check their Facebook page, folks are leaving posts calling them out on their new rules on gun channels and calling them a bunch of hypocrites for not banning drug videos.

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 pm

I talked to my wife about what YT is doing. She wonders if they intend to apply the gun rules to video games? And for that matter, what about news sites?

It seems to me there is video of Feinstein holding an AK with a 75 rnd drum? I might need to flag some videos for safety. Just to do my part to keep my community safe.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:51 pm

MPMalloy wrote: Cuz my wife does not want me visiting porn sites? I'm betting it has a lot to do with that.
Well...Umm...ok. That's a good point. I'm a Man, & I can change, if I have to, I guess.


...but not by much...
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:54 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
woodsghost wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:
woodsghost wrote:My wife commented that their viewership will likely now increase. Although now I'm not allow to view their videos, so someone please take one for the team and keep me updated.
Why cant you view the videos? What gives? :?
Cuz my wife does not want me visiting porn sites? I'm betting it has a lot to do with that.
Doesn't want you getting all hot and bothered and looking at her *that* way? :wink:

Yeah, you know the look I'm talking about... :twisted:


The old, "Honey... there's this new gun I'd like to get..." look. :mrgreen:
Ok seriously I"m trying not to give her that look for the next year or two. I have all the guns I *need.* I"m trying to give her a break :)

Now I give her a look that says "honey, I need a CCW permit and some more training classes....pretty please?"
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6774
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:48 pm

woodsghost wrote:I talked to my wife about what YT is doing. She wonders if they intend to apply the gun rules to video games? And for that matter, what about news sites?

It seems to me there is video of Feinstein holding an AK with a 75 rnd drum? I might need to flag some videos for safety. Just to do my part to keep my community safe.
There's also a bunch of videos of that California councilman (or was he a senator ?) calling an AR-15 a 'ghost gun'. We ought to flag those too while we're at it.

User avatar
woodsghost
* * * * *
Posts: 3294
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:13 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
woodsghost wrote:I talked to my wife about what YT is doing. She wonders if they intend to apply the gun rules to video games? And for that matter, what about news sites?

It seems to me there is video of Feinstein holding an AK with a 75 rnd drum? I might need to flag some videos for safety. Just to do my part to keep my community safe.
There's also a bunch of videos of that California councilman (or was he a senator ?) calling an AR-15 a 'ghost gun'. We ought to flag those too while we're at it.
We just need to make sure YTs rules are applied fairly and consistently. If I happen to see a violation of the rules I'll have to flag it.

....but I won't be on there much any more. Oh well.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6774
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:30 pm

woodsghost wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
woodsghost wrote:I talked to my wife about what YT is doing. She wonders if they intend to apply the gun rules to video games? And for that matter, what about news sites?

It seems to me there is video of Feinstein holding an AK with a 75 rnd drum? I might need to flag some videos for safety. Just to do my part to keep my community safe.
There's also a bunch of videos of that California councilman (or was he a senator ?) calling an AR-15 a 'ghost gun'. We ought to flag those too while we're at it.
We just need to make sure YTs rules are applied fairly and consistently. If I happen to see a violation of the rules I'll have to flag it.

....but I won't be on there much any more. Oh well.
I'm on YouTube a lot so I can do the video flagging for you and me, Woodsghost.

Matter of fact, I just sent off a bit of feedback to them regarding this. Let's see what they'll say. If they say anything more than their standard "Thanks for your feedback. We value your opinion." response. :lol:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:42 pm

I just went to YT's policy page & repeated there what I've been saying here.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6774
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:45 pm

MPMalloy wrote:I just went to YT's policy page & repeated there what I've been saying here.
I sent my response in over there too, MP. I even sent one in via the 'Send us feedback' tab by the sign in button.

Let's see if they respond or ignore us. Sadly, my money is on us being ignored.

Locked

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”