Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Re: Firearms Chat 5: #pewpewlife

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Brownell's is having a sale on Poly80 Glock frames. Plus, with a code it's another $10 off for a total of $110 shipped.

I may know someone who ordered one. I may know someone who is building their first Glock when it comes in the mail.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Anyone know any good discount codes for opticsplanet? Guess I just missed a flash sale a week ago... figures.

None of the codes I’ve found on several discount code websites are working. Though there’s one site that claims to have a ten eprcent off code good until the end of the month... I just don’t want to register on the site to get it. I get too much junk email as it is...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 pm

Bye-Bye ,Daniels Defense.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:32 am

LowKey wrote:Bye-Bye ,Daniels Defense.
I couldn't afford them anyways. Add another company to the list!!

I'm assuming you're taking about them supporting that bill then after blowback not supporting the bill??
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:24 am

Akin wrote:Anyone know any good discount codes for opticsplanet? Guess I just missed a flash sale a week ago... figures.

None of the codes I’ve found on several discount code websites are working. Though there’s one site that claims to have a ten eprcent off code good until the end of the month... I just don’t want to register on the site to get it. I get too much junk email as it is...
This is what throwaway accounts are for.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 am

KJ4VOV wrote:
Akin wrote:Anyone know any good discount codes for opticsplanet? Guess I just missed a flash sale a week ago... figures.

?

What kind of throwaway account? Email? What would that accomplish?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am

There's a pretty sweet looking turkish, 12", 12 guage, lever action up for sale near me at a reasonable price ($300 shipped). Talk me out of it? I just bought a $1500 suit for my wedding in September and I know I shouldn't, but these things didn't last long when the Canadian distributor brought them in, and this is the first I've seen.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/v22y6Lcqh4g
[/YouTube]
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/loiikNscgUw[/YouTube]

I can't watch the videos because I'm at work, but maybe someone can tell me what a bad idea this is?
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Akin wrote: ?

It reduces the spam you receive as a result of registering. You set an email account that is valid and can be checked for confirmation purposes but other wise you ignore it. When they sell your data this is the account that gets sold.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:22 pm

raptor wrote:
Akin wrote: ?

It reduces the spam you receive as a result of registering. You set an email account that is valid and can be checked for confirmation purposes but other wise you ignore it. When they sell your data this is the account that gets sold.
ahh, okay. I've heard of doing this, just didn't realize that was what you meant without any context.

If I *knew* the site had a functional ten percent off code I'd do it in a heartbeat. As it is, seems like a lot of work for something that is likely bogus. I've never heard of opticsplanet running a month long discount, especially one that good...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:59 pm

BullOnParade wrote:There's a pretty sweet looking turkish, 12", 12 guage, lever action up for sale near me at a reasonable price ($300 shipped). Talk me out of it? I just bought a $1500 suit for my wedding in September and I know I shouldn't, but these things didn't last long when the Canadian distributor brought them in, and this is the first I've seen.

I can't watch the videos because I'm at work, but maybe someone can tell me what a bad idea this is?
FTFY.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:18 pm

RickOShea wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:There's a pretty sweet looking turkish, 12", 12 guage, lever action up for sale near me at a reasonable price ($300 shipped). Talk me out of it? I just bought a $1500 suit for my wedding in September and I know I shouldn't, but these things didn't last long when the Canadian distributor brought them in, and this is the first I've seen.

FTFY.
Talk you out of it? Hell you should buy two. And when you have two fists full of 12 gauge fury Then you buy this ----------------------------------------------------------> https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Mens-Th ... moon+shirt.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Is that "Warrior" shotgun the same as the Adler lever shotgun that the Australians get ? They look pretty similar and given that both are Turkish guns, it wouldn't surprise me if they were the exact same gun just with different names for different markets.

Also, anyone jumping on the Crimson Trace buy one, get one free deal they've got going on now ? I'm tempted to buy a CT Rail Master, but I'm also saving up for an AR, so I'm kind of torn at the moment. I want a CT laser for my guns (and especially if I can score another for free), but I also want an AR.

Granted, it's going to take me a few months to get the money for the AR and the Crimson Trace deal ends at the end of April, so I guess I've got a few weeks to make up my mind.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Akin wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:

?

Use a throwaway email account to register and get the code you need. No worries about junk emails afterward.

I have a yahoo account I use specifically for signing up for shit where I know I'll get spam later. I never check that account other than to retrieve whatever link they send me to confirm my address.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Is that "Warrior" shotgun the same as the Adler lever shotgun that the Australians get ? They look pretty similar and given that both are Turkish guns, it wouldn't surprise me if they were the exact same gun just with different names for different markets.

Also, anyone jumping on the Crimson Trace buy one, get one free deal they've got going on now ? I'm tempted to buy a CT Rail Master, but I'm also saving up for an AR, so I'm kind of torn at the moment. I want a CT laser for my guns (and especially if I can score another for free), but I also want an AR.

Granted, it's going to take me a few months to get the money for the AR and the Crimson Trace deal ends at the end of April, so I guess I've got a few weeks to make up my mind.
If I wouldn't have to change both of my holsters to accommodate it I would, but that's another $100 - $150 worth of leather on top of the cost.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:39 pm

RickOShea wrote: FTFY.
Thanks.
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Is that "Warrior" shotgun the same as the Adler lever shotgun that the Australians get ? They look pretty similar and given that both are Turkish guns, it wouldn't surprise me if they were the exact same gun just with different names for different markets.
Looks a little different from the Adler, at least the rear of the receiver is more rounded like that of an 870.
One of the earlier comments on the second video claims it is the same as the Emerald SA12 in Australia. Good to know if I ever want to find spare/replacement parts.

Having watched the videos now, that first guy with the red shirt does a good job of assessing the materials and construction. Aluminum receiver, single action bar. It's not going to replace my 870 for end of the world, post apocalypse bird hunting, but for hanging out in Ontario wilderness, 4+1 rounds of 00/slug won't hurt me any. It's the perfect combination of Tallahassee and Road Warrior.

You guys are bad at talking people out of guns. Expect an angry letter from my fiance.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:41 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:

If I wouldn't have to change both of my holsters to accommodate it I would, but that's another $100 - $150 worth of leather on top of the cost.
Cheapest I've found the CT Rail Master is 89 bucks on Amazon, KJ4. I'm not sure how I'd get the second free one from CT, though. I guess I could send them a screenshot of the Amazon order receipt or I could just hit the local Academy and get the form.

All else fails, I contact Crimson Trace and ask before I place an order anywhere. Probably would be the best idea.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:43 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
RickOShea wrote: FTFY.
Thanks.
Looks a little different from the Adler, at least the rear of the receiver is more rounded like that of an 870.
One of the earlier comments on the second video claims it is the same as the Emerald SA12 in Australia. Good to know if I ever want to find spare/replacement parts.

Having watched the videos now, that first guy with the red shirt does a good job of assessing the materials and construction. Aluminum receiver, single action bar. It's not going to replace my 870 for end of the world, post apocalypse bird hunting, but for hanging out in Ontario wilderness, 4+1 rounds of 00/slug won't hurt me any. It's the perfect combination of Tallahassee and Road Warrior.

You guys are bad at talking people out of guns. Expect an angry letter from my fiance.
Strangely enough, this wouldn't be the first time someone's wife or girlfriend got mad at me for them buying a gun. :lol:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm cross dominate, right handed/left eyed. Ever since I was a wee lad, I've always just shot left handed.....

Shotgun from 1910 with a Purposely Bent Stock

http://www.recoilweb.com/the-ashley-upd ... z59rIDufdL

This week Ashley is back in Cody, Wyoming and popped into one of the vaults to show us a shotgun. Not just any shotgun though, one from 1910 with a crazy bent stock. The stock was designed to address cross-dominance issues–and it’s a unique way to get around shooting right-handed but left-eyed.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:

Cheapest I've found the CT Rail Master is 89 bucks on Amazon, KJ4. I'm not sure how I'd get the second free one from CT, though. I guess I could send them a screenshot of the Amazon order receipt or I could just hit the local Academy and get the form.

All else fails, I contact Crimson Trace and ask before I place an order anywhere. Probably would be the best idea.
Yeah, neither pistol has a rail so I'm looking at firearm specific versions, which ain't cheap and the freebie isn't going to work on either so I'd probably just give it away to a friend.

ETA: List price for the green laserguard pro that I'd want for my Shield 45 is $379 MSRP, or about $170 more than the gun itself cost me new. :rofl:

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:30 am

Thanks flybynight, for the reminder! So many of the shirts had faded or developed holes that I stopped wearing them. Sure, I still have the blacklight poster of the image on the wall in the training room in the back of the barn but I haven't had the time to go back there and commune with it. So, when I saw your link I ordered 5 new shirts and had them delivered overnight. Already I feel the effects. As soon as I woke this morning, I put one on and headed to the gym for a good 1-hour workout. At the end of the workout, I felt better than when I started. Something about a 3WM shirt and green silkies makes the mind-body-spirit soar. While cleaning up and dressing for work, I decided to keep the shirt on underneath so by the time my 45-minute commute was complete and I got to the office I had already mastered the advanced chemistry lesson I have on tape, listened to my favorite podcast and read about 30 pages of the Washington Post. As soon as I got to the office I began knocking out taskers for today and was surprised to wrap things up quickly. I looked at the clock and it read: 0600.
Thanks again. I think I might walk home this afternoon. I feel that strong.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:29 am

Asymetryczna wrote:Thanks flybynight, for the reminder! So many of the shirts had faded or developed holes that I stopped wearing them. Sure, I still have the blacklight poster of the image on the wall in the training room in the back of the barn but I haven't had the time to go back there and commune with it. So, when I saw your link I ordered 5 new shirts and had them delivered overnight. Already I feel the effects. As soon as I woke this morning, I put one on and headed to the gym for a good 1-hour workout. At the end of the workout, I felt better than when I started. Something about a 3WM shirt and green silkies makes the mind-body-spirit soar. While cleaning up and dressing for work, I decided to keep the shirt on underneath so by the time my 45-minute commute was complete and I got to the office I had already mastered the advanced chemistry lesson I have on tape, listened to my favorite podcast and read about 30 pages of the Washington Post. As soon as I got to the office I began knocking out taskers for today and was surprised to wrap things up quickly. I looked at the clock and it read: 0600.
Thanks again. I think I might walk home this afternoon. I feel that strong.
And when I clicked for that star to thank for your post. Because ( just because) it concerned the three wolf moon shirt. The star came hurtling from the deepest regions of space and a astonishing rate with fire and mighty roar . And all the angels sang when it came to rest on your post. Well done wolf brother !
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:40 am

Opticsplanet must have heard me, as they just sent out a ten percent off code good through the weekend.

Of course, me being me, turns out that Nightforce products aren’t eligible for any discounts. Bah.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Akin wrote:Opticsplanet must have heard me, as they just sent out a ten percent off code good through the weekend.

Of course, me being me, turns out that Nightforce products aren’t eligible for any discounts. Bah.
Which model are you looking for? You may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Example: NightForce NXS 2.5-10x42mm Illuminated Riflescope w/ IHR Reticle.....

Optics Planet - $1,892.00

Amazon - $1,746.00

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Akin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:35 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Akin wrote:Opticsplanet must have heard me, as they just sent out a ten percent off code good through the weekend.

Which model are you looking for? You may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Example: NightForce NXS 2.5-10x42mm Illuminated Riflescope w/ IHR Reticle.....

Optics Planet - $1,892.00

Amazon - $1,746.00
It's for an SPR build. They discontinued them a while back, then made a limited run, which is almost gone. Nobody else has them.

Edit to add Amazon has them... but they're from Opticsplanet. :-D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”