Lube: What are you folks using?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Hokicake
BANNED

Re: Lube: What are you folks using?

Post by Hokicake » Wed May 17, 2017 2:26 pm

LowKey wrote:
Hokicake wrote:I use this grey silvery goopy stuff on all my guns and it doesn't go away ever, I have it in guns that sit for 7 years untouched and it's still there like I just put it on.
I thought you were just starting to buy guns and were asking for advice in other threads?
You've had multiple firearms for more than 7 years?
yeah i think prolly like 10 years cause I got my first two guns at the same time well before I even entered the military and I had gotten a conceal permit for that state I was living in at the time and shortly after I entered the military I got 2 more pistols so I could use for work.

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Wed May 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Either Hoppes or CLP.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Thu May 18, 2017 1:25 pm

woodsghost wrote:.. Sea Foam ...
Its good stuff. Didn't think about that application. But that stuff isn't cheap either.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Thu May 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Militec dry lube. In the desert the dust sticks to wet lubes, and rust is not a threat.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Viper shtf

Post by Viper shtf » Sun May 28, 2017 2:04 pm

I use motor oil mainly, sometimes Rem oil for a quick wipe down, and lube of my edc pistol. And Hoppes solvent for cleaning because that's what my dad used.
PistolPete wrote:Seriously, fashion is dumb. But my wife likes the way they make my ass look or the way you can follow the veins on my balls through the denim or something. Whatever. I can dress up once in a while.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Tue May 30, 2017 12:47 am

RemOil for .22 cal stuff. Also a little in revolver actions, like, every few years. Its thin, so I like it for that stuff. I also run it through on a patch or snake after cleaning bores.

Everything else gets a light layer of Weapon Shield after I clean it. The Weapon Shield cleaner works well too. CCW guns get a light light light layer of either Riggs grease or Weapon Shield grease on the rails.

Montana Bore Cleaner for bores.

A metallurgist turned me onto Weapon Shied 8 or 9 years ago. Stuck with it ever since just because it works.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”