Well I have to replace the Kahr

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Re: Well I have to replace the Kahr

Post by FlashDaddy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:20 pm

I have, and pocket carried for years, a P-64. I picked up a Shield .40 last year and it is almost identical in carry weight and size, I don't notice a difference. Even though my Shield is of a much bigger caliber than the P-64's 9mm Makarov, it is much more fun to shoot and does not punish my hand like the P-64 does. That makes for more practice time and, therefore, better shooting technique. Like the P-64, the Shield functions flawlessly.

Edit for speling
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

doc66

Post by doc66 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:25 am

gunsandrockets wrote:
doc66 wrote: Personally (and the opinion of others who have owned them), the LCR isn't worth it, ....

The LCR is a fantastic little revolver.
:shock:

Alllrighty then!
HAHAHA. LCP. LCP. LCP. LCP.

The LCR is still fantastic.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Since its for your ankle, youd want a lightweight firearm. I love my CM9.

Also, as for the Berettas, they dont seem to be the most reliable, so I personally dont pay them any attention. I like their tom/bobcats though.
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

delarey

Post by delarey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:00 pm

If you want a 22 LCR, then make it 22 Magnum. Problem with rimfire for SD is the reliability of the primers.
I pocket carry a LCP custom every.single.day. sometimes as a primary, sometimes as a backup to a g19. I've put about 250 rounds through the LCP in my pocket right now...I have several. I had some feed issues with Remington HP's, but it feeds all fmj and Speer gold Dot without issue. The sights on the custom is great, but they do snag a bit when drawing from a pocket.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:10 am

I love how Zombie Squad threads just percolate along slowly - one a day or so . . .

Anyway, the problem with a .22 CCW is that there aren't any that can't be matched by a gun with a better round. If I can't carry a J-frame or my Shield (running, for example), I sometimes carry a P32. It literally fits in my shirt pocket, and carries 8 rounds of pretty lethal ammo (Buffalo Bore hardcast in the pipe + 7 rounds of FMJ below) and it is ~9-10 oz loaded. I am not aware of a .22 that is so small and light. So if you want to go ultralight, you really can't with a .22. The .22 is far more fun for plinking, and is better than a stick, but better options abound for CCW.

delarey

Post by delarey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 am

roscoe wrote:I love how Zombie Squad threads just percolate along slowly - one a day or so . . .

Anyway, the problem with a .22 CCW is that there aren't any that can't be matched by a gun with a better round. If I can't carry a J-frame or my Shield (running, for example), I sometimes carry a P32. It literally fits in my shirt pocket, and carries 8 rounds of pretty lethal ammo (Buffalo Bore hardcast in the pipe + 7 rounds of FMJ below) and it is ~9-10 oz loaded. I am not aware of a .22 that is so small and light. So if you want to go ultralight, you really can't with a .22. The .22 is far more fun for plinking, and is better than a stick, but better options abound for CCW.
Baa makes a pretty tiny derringer. I owned one that could switch between 22lr and 22mag. Thing was dangerous to shoot!

delarey

Post by delarey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 am

NAA. Not Baa

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:45 am

Yeah - I was thinking automatic, but true about the NAA. I just wouldn't ever want to try to use one in self-defense - I held one in the store and it seemed like more of a gimmick than anything.

delarey

Post by delarey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 am

Both you and the attacker will be deaf and blind [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] and you may or may not have a 22 sized hole in your hand!

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:51 am

roscoe wrote:Yeah - I was thinking automatic, but true about the NAA. I just wouldn't ever want to try to use one in self-defense - I held one in the store and it seemed like more of a gimmick than anything.
In general yes, just pretty toys. But the Black Widow model in .22 magnum has reasonable sights and a reasonable grip. And one very unique accessory is the folding grip, which would allow super compact pocket carry with perfect safety, since the grip covers the trigger when folded. There are even laser spotlights designed to fit the Black Widow.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Still seems kind of fumbly: unfold the grip, pull the hammer, etc., all for a .22 round, and then proceed in single-action slow-fire mode. And it weighs more than the P32. I examined them when looking for a deep-cover pistol and couldn't figure out how they could be easily used, at least when compared to the P32 clipped inside my pants.

I will admit that they do seem to have the smallest possible firearm that actually functions. If I had to smuggle a firearm into a North Korean prison to rescue my top-secret witness, the NAA is the one most likely to fit inside one's anatomy. I would want to shave that hammer down a bit.

Hiroshima_Morphine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:57 pm

roscoe wrote:Still seems kind of fumbly: unfold the grip, pull the hammer, etc., all for a .22 round, and then proceed in single-action slow-fire mode. And it weighs more than the P32. I examined them when looking for a deep-cover pistol and couldn't figure out how they could be easily used, at least when compared to the P32 clipped inside my pants.

I will admit that they do seem to have the smallest possible firearm that actually functions. If I had to smuggle a firearm into a North Korean prison to rescue my top-secret witness, the NAA is the one most likely to fit inside one's anatomy. I would want to shave that hammer down a bit.
Oh, the places we take conversations that begin with a simple question.
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:48 pm

roscoe wrote:I will admit that they do seem to have the smallest possible firearm that actually functions. If I had to smuggle a firearm into a North Korean prison to rescue my top-secret witness, the NAA is the one most likely to fit inside one's anatomy. I would want to shave that hammer down a bit.
A real Tier 0 Operator would clearly keister a Full Conceal brand Glock brand Glock with MOS. At least that's what Costa says and Yeager backs him up.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Dogan wrote:
roscoe wrote:I will admit that they do seem to have the smallest possible firearm that actually functions. If I had to smuggle a firearm into a North Korean prison to rescue my top-secret witness, the NAA is the one most likely to fit inside one's anatomy. I would want to shave that hammer down a bit.
A real Tier 0 Operator would clearly keister a Full Conceal brand Glock brand Glock with MOS. At least that's what Costa says and Yeager backs him up.
I really did not need the image of Yeager "backing" Costa. Thanks.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:22 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Dogan wrote:
Seeing as Yeager has a body double that works "in the industry," it doesn't need to stay a mental image.

I will now leave this thread, my work here is done.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Dogan wrote:
woodsghost wrote:
Dogan wrote:
Seeing as Yeager has a body double that works "in the industry," it doesn't need to stay a mental image.

I will now leave this thread, my work here is done.
nnnNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......... :mrgreen:
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

delarey

Post by delarey » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Y'all ruined a good bit of YouTube for me tonight! Hahahha

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”