So I am taking the plunge for a carry permit. Holsters?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Holsters

I agree ankle is the way to go. Discreet and comfortable
8%
Inside Waist carry is the most popular for a reason
76%
Pocket carry. I mean I have pockets why not use them
12%
Shoulder Holster. It was good enough for Dirty Harry
4%
Open carry?
No votes

Total votes: 25

Viper shtf

Re: So I am taking the plunge for a carry permit. Holsters?

Post by Viper shtf » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:38 pm

I'm really happy carrying IWB, under an untucked button down shirt. I use a $50 Bianchi open top holster, and it conceals pretty good! And we're talking a full size Cz-75 here, so i'm happy.
PistolPete wrote:Seriously, fashion is dumb. But my wife likes the way they make my ass look or the way you can follow the veins on my balls through the denim or something. Whatever. I can dress up once in a while.

delarey

Post by delarey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:30 am

I run a dsg alpha for my g19's and a desnatis pocket holster for my LCP's. When carrying a g19, I usually have a jacket on or I just untuck my shirt. I've not had a single issue yet. It is a very subjective thing and You will probably go through a couple before finding one that works for you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:16 pm

I recently switched to carrying appendix IWB around the 11 o'clock position (southpaw). Using a holster from OutlawHolsters:
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Carbon-Con ... 422&sr=8-9

It's a very minimalist holster, no extra Kydex there and it allows me to get a full grip during my draw. I switched to appendix carry because I'm having a son and knew I would probably be bending down a lot more soon and may not have a free hand to adjust my shirt throughout the day.

redcabeca

Post by redcabeca » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 am

It's so dependent on how you like to dress and the size of your waistline. I carried a Glock 26 in a Crossbreed supertuck IWB for a while. It worked great and hid well under a t-shirt, but I eventually moved to open-top leather holsters with a slight cant, OWB. Faster and more comfortable. An untucked shirt or jacket hides most guns very well.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:53 pm

I used to run 10-15 miles with a CW380. I just used a taco-style kydex that I made myself. Attachment was a metal clip. iced the side that sits against my body with Mole Skin. Got rid of the CW380, but I carry a S&W BG380 now the same way.

My favorite holsters are from MTR Custom Leather out of NC. I have their Dual Carry for a few guns. Works well OWB, but I usually keep the clips on and carry IWB.

Also a huge fan of Comp Tac hybrid holsters, but for a small gun like that I don't think the MTRs and Comp Tacs are needed. The MTR IWB mag pouches are great. I still use mine when I run with the BG380.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:11 am

ManInBlack316 wrote:I recently switched to carrying appendix IWB around the 11 o'clock position (southpaw). Using a holster from OutlawHolsters:
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Carbon-Con ... 422&sr=8-9

It's a very minimalist holster, no extra Kydex there and it allows me to get a full grip during my draw. I switched to appendix carry because I'm having a son and knew I would probably be bending down a lot more soon and may not have a free hand to adjust my shirt throughout the day.
How is that holster working out?
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:48 pm

The holster still works great. I am dissapointed with the Kahr though. It still had fail to feed problems am I am getting pretty close to the 200 round break in period. I like everything else about the gun but may have to move on.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 am

Yyeeeeaahhhh. Didn't want to say anything, but in my post "got rid of the Kahr..." Sucks too because I really want to like that gun and Kahrs in general. They're hit or miss. Been through 6 of them (PM9, PM40, CW9, MK9, CW45, CW380). The PMs and CW380 couldn't earn my trust. The MK9 was awesome, but too heavy for what it was. The CW9 was great, but gave it to a buddy with financial problems-->sold all his guns. Still have the CW45, and its great.

Tell you what, man, if you're not pocket carrying, Glock43 or 42. The Sig 938s are rad, but sink projectiles deeper into cases after 2 or 3 re-chamberings.

I don't think you really need a designated carry belt for a gun like that. Like I said, I run with a BG380/kydex taco holster, spare mag/MTR mag pouch, and a spyder co. All in the waist band of running shorts with a draw string coupled with the elastic band of my underwear. The BG380 spends a lot of time on me in my house too where I don't always wear regular pants/belt.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Back on topic - I use a Uni holster for my Shield and CZ75. The revolvers sink too far, IMO, for a rapid draw, but the holster certainly is versatile. My P32 uses the KelTec clip, and I keep it without a round chambered, clipped anywhere.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”