Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Re: Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

Post by 0122358 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 pm

I think my next AK will be one of those PSA stripped side railed receivers. What do you think?

Oh, bought a brake for my RPK and bout 1k of reman 55gr .223 from Freedom. Today was a good day
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:59 pm

0122358 wrote:I think my next AK will be one of those PSA stripped side railed receivers. What do you think?

Oh, bought a brake for my RPK and bout 1k of reman 55gr .223 from Freedom. Today was a good day
Personally, I'd get one that's already built, but that's just me. I'm confident in my ability to build an AR and have it work, but building an AK seems way out of my comfort zone.

What kind of brake did you get for your RPK, by the way ?

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:01 pm

I got a hammer. I could build an AK. J/K :clownshoes:

The PSA AK receivers come with the bolt and the barrel already installed. I'm guessing it's head spaced and ready to go. I can't image the rest is too difficult to assemble. I'd build one if I was still hot for an AK.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:12 pm

brothaman wrote:I got a hammer. I could build an AK. J/K :clownshoes:

The PSA AK receivers come with the bolt and the barrel already installed. I'm guessing it's head spaced and ready to go. I can't image the rest is too difficult to assemble. I'd build one if I was still hot for an AK.
From what I've heard, the bolt isn't complete. It's just a shell.

Though you can buy a complete bolt and carrier rather cheaply if that's a problem.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:41 pm

here's something I want for no other reason than it's pretty (and that's a sweet trigger)

http://legionseries.com/p229-legion/
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:15 pm

^Yes.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:09 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
brothaman wrote:I got a hammer. I could build an AK. J/K :clownshoes:

From what I've heard, the bolt isn't complete. It's just a shell.

Though you can buy a complete bolt and carrier rather cheaply if that's a problem.
I think PSA has their stuff together on this one. Descrip from the site;

"Stamped 1mm Steel Receiver

Installed and Riveted Breech Block and Rear Trunion

Installed and Pinned Barrel

4150 Steel Barrel, Melonite treated

Pinned Gas port with Bayonet lug

Pinned Front Sight Base

Bushing pin installed

Side rail mount installed

7.62x39 Caliber

1 in 9.5" Twist Rate

Includes Complete Headspaced Bolt - serialized to the receiver."

I also read somewhere that the bores are .3095 on the AK and the ARs in 7.62x39.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:15 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:I think my next AK will be one of those PSA stripped side railed receivers. What do you think?

Personally, I'd get one that's already built, but that's just me. I'm confident in my ability to build an AR and have it work, but building an AK seems way out of my comfort zone.

My way of thinking is, If I get onme that's already built...then im going to have extra parts when I change out the grip, trigger, safety, handguard, stock, gas tube, ect ect ect. This way its built up exactly.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:46 am

0122358 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

My way of thinking is, If I get onme that's already built...then im going to have extra parts when I change out the grip, trigger, safety, handguard, stock, gas tube, ect ect ect. This way its built up exactly.
Good point, Numbers.

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:04 am

The PSA kits/stripped receivers have not been well-received on /r/guns and /r/ak47. I'd just get a QC WASR.

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:01 am

I heard that the first round of PSA Aks had some issues,.. but I'm not sure what they were. I can't imagine that they haven't resolved any problems since then. I'll have to research it.

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:21 am

*sigh*
Making another attempt to love the Lever-Scout. Just ordered a XS scout mount. Building on a new 336Y and a Hi-lux LER.

Another case where Sex Appeal beats out good sense.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Mountainsquid wrote:

The PSA kits/stripped receivers have not been well-received on /r/guns and /r/ak47. I'd just get a QC WASR.
Or save up the cash and buy one of those basic DDI AKs.

Once the Zhukov-S version comes back in stock and I have the funds, that's what I'm getting. All I'd have to do with that one is swap out the slant brake for a Midwest Industries brake like I have on my M10 and add some rails for a light and an afg.

yggdrasil45

Post by yggdrasil45 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:23 pm

So general Pew chat? We used to call this the Off Topic: Chat Thread. :words:

So, I recently bought a Sar Arms B6P. I love it and it was dirt cheap. I have "nicer" guns but this one is becoming my favorite. For those that don't know its a poly CZ75 clone from Turkey. Anyone have any experience with these? Does anyone know which CZ parts are compatible and which ones aren't?
The Great World Tree Yggdrasil Trembles too its Roots

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:29 pm

yggdrasil45 wrote:So general Pew chat? We used to call this the Off Topic: Chat Thread. :words:

So, I recently bought a Sar Arms B6P. I love it and it was dirt cheap. I have "nicer" guns but this one is becoming my favorite. For those that don't know its a poly CZ75 clone from Turkey. Anyone have any experience with these? Does anyone know which CZ parts are compatible and which ones aren't?
Yeah, Firearms Chat was something Shrapnel or another moderator came up with because they were tired of me and a few others kind of hijacking the regular Chat Thread with gun talk.

As for the gun, I've heard of them, but I've never handled one personally. They look neat, though.

yggdrasil45

Post by yggdrasil45 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:26 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:They look neat, though.
They are. I like them because they have the classic CZ lines unlike the CZP07 and 09. Not to mention they are way cheaper. The only thing I would rather have is the poly phantom. But its like 3 times as much soooooooo....

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:09 pm

So I found this on my news feed today, competition shotgun from Thailand:
[YouTube]youtu.be/VeV3Xa6zC78?t=12s[/YouTube]
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... y-shotgun/

The mag on the bottom is also integrated into a lever that, when cycled, instantly loads the mag under the barrel with up to 6 rounds. Pretty nifty even for a race gun.

Also, I've always heard of "pre-ban" AR's, but never actually saw the text of the law until now. I know this is a no politics forum, so I'll just leave my thoughts at :shock:
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:55 pm

yggdrasil45 wrote:So general Pew chat? We used to call this the Off Topic: Chat Thread. :words:

Good choice on the B6P, Im going to pick one up in the next few months as a loaner gun, cheap HD gun.

Chimp, that brake I ordered for my RPK was a AK74 style for 762. It was 45 but they dropped the price on it to 13 bucks with free shipping so I jumped on it.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Okay, after firing the 9c again after a long while (and after feeling what a good trigger feels like), I do hereby agree with all who say that trigger is gritty as feck. Hello, Apex when I have money.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:09 pm

0122358 wrote:

Good choice on the B6P, Im going to pick one up in the next few months as a loaner gun, cheap HD gun.

Chimp, that brake I ordered for my RPK was a AK74 style for 762. It was 45 but they dropped the price on it to 13 bucks with free shipping so I jumped on it.
That's a heck of a price drop, man. Good deal. :D

yggdrasil45

Post by yggdrasil45 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:51 pm

0122358 wrote:

You could use it as a loner but I would say use as your primary. Its my BO sidearm as well as my off body carry SD gun. (IWB gun is a Glock 26) At that price if its lost then Im not gonna cry about it (other than the fact that some scumbag has my gun). I really need to know if the CZ .22 kit will work on it or one of the Witness ones.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 pm

I finally got to fire my AK after I did all the mods to it that I've done over the past year today. And it functions perfectly to me.

Also got to shoot my G21 and my Ruger 22/45 as well. Had a little trouble with the Ruger 22, but I got it running after a quick check. I'm thinking it was the old ammo I was using and the fact I had never shot one before.

Still, the range trip was a success and I now smell like burnt gunpowder and it is a wonderful smell. :clap:

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:36 pm

That odd moment when you see a friend of a friend's rifle in a nationally published gun mag. :shock:
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Dogan wrote:That odd moment when you see a friend of a friend's rifle in a nationally published gun mag. :shock:
Which rifle and which nationally published mag ?

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”