Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Firearms Chat 3: #pewpewlife

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu May 07, 2015 1:12 pm

In other news, I got to check out one of those Browning 1911-22 pistols the other day and I was very surprised at how small the thing was.

I mean, it was comically small. It was like someone took a full sized 1911, tossed it into a dryer and then pulled this thing out.

Then I got to thinking "Why didn't Browning just make it the same as a full size 1911 and skip the toy gun size ?"

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Go my 40 round surplus mag in...I need to order more now hahaha. An RPK just looks at home with a 40 or 75 rounder...a 30 looks anemic

It be nice to a get chest rig set up with six 40 rounders, a 30 round on my belt and two to three 75 round drums in sling pouches and in the gun.

Got the mag changes down a bit better now as well.

You've got big hands right Chimp? Ho do ya know you don't just make the 1911 .22 look small? :wink: :lol:
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu May 07, 2015 3:12 pm

0122358 wrote:Go my 40 round surplus mag in...I need to order more now hahaha. An RPK just looks at home with a 40 or 75 rounder...a 30 looks anemic

It be nice to a get chest rig set up with six 40 rounders, a 30 round on my belt and two to three 75 round drums in sling pouches and in the gun.

Got the mag changes down a bit better now as well.

You've got big hands right Chimp? Ho do ya know you don't just make the 1911 .22 look small? :wink: :lol:
My hands might be big, but they aren't quite that big, dude. :lol:

I wish I'd have taken a picture of me holding the gun so I could show y'all just how small the gun looked in my hands. Even the little Ruger LCP next to it looked huge in comparison.

eeb

Post by eeb » Fri May 08, 2015 4:58 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Langenator wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:http://www.guns.com/2015/05/01/black-ac ... -pump-gun/

No tax stamp...
How is that not an AOW?
Over 27", not designed to be fired from the shoulder [never had a stock] means it's a "firearm" not a shotgun, rifle, or handgun, and is therefore okay to wear a foregrip. No stock allowed, though.
Anyone got an idea as to what the MSRP is supposed to be ?
$1179.00 according to the post in The Firearm Blog.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 pm

eeb wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: Over 27", not designed to be fired from the shoulder [never had a stock] means it's a "firearm" not a shotgun, rifle, or handgun, and is therefore okay to wear a foregrip. No stock allowed, though.
Anyone got an idea as to what the MSRP is supposed to be ?
$1179.00 according to the post in The Firearm Blog.
Well, damn.

Although, that price isn't too bad. I was seriously expecting it to be a lot more.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon May 11, 2015 1:11 pm

Well, in a few days (or however long it takes JG Sales to ship them) I'll have a pair of 75 round drums for my AK.

The price went up a little more than I expected, but it wasn't too far out there.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:04 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Well, in a few days (or however long it takes JG Sales to ship them) I'll have a pair of 75 round drums for my AK.

The price went up a little more than I expected, but it wasn't too far out there.
haha yes!

I'm waiting for SGammo to restock their supply.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue May 12, 2015 4:02 pm

0122358 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Well, in a few days (or however long it takes JG Sales to ship them) I'll have a pair of 75 round drums for my AK.

haha yes!

And with that (as well as one of those Zhukov-S stocks Magpul released), I am done buying stuff for my AK.

Actually, I'm done buying gun related stuff period. Time to rein in my spending and concentrate on other things in my life.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed May 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Got a Zhukov handguard for the old SGL21....

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Wed May 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Looks pretty badass, I like it. Zhukov... Why does that sound familiar? I think there was a KGB agent in The Americans with that name.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Wed May 13, 2015 1:58 pm

RickOShea wrote:Got a Zhukov handguard for the old SGL21....

Sweet FSM that is a nice piece!
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 13, 2015 2:41 pm

My drums arrived today. :clap:

Once my Zhukov stock arrives, I'll be a really happy Chimp. :D

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed May 13, 2015 2:42 pm

Heya Rick, any insight on why that one is $99 compared to all other magpul handguards being ~$35?

I'm going to get the stock for sure, and I'm definitely giggity for that extended handguard, but the price has me on pause.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Boom40mm

Post by Boom40mm » Wed May 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Assault Life wrote:Looks pretty badass, I like it. Zhukov... Why does that sound familiar? I think there was a KGB agent in The Americans with that name.
Zhukov is also the name of the Russian general who lead the attack on Berlin.
Last edited by Boom40mm on Wed May 13, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Nice looking AK, Rick!

My BHP is now missing its magazine safety. :clap:

Trigger pull is a lot better, and the mags drop so much easier/quicker now.

Guns are icky!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed May 13, 2015 4:37 pm

TheLastOne wrote:Heya Rick, any insight on why that one is $99 compared to all other magpul handguards being ~$35?

I'm going to get the stock for sure, and I'm definitely giggity for that extended handguard, but the price has me on pause.
Well, its a fairly stout set-up. Both the full length aluminum chassis and the polymer cover are thick & rigid.....no flex in either.

I suppose it would be fairer to compare it to something like the Troy or Ultimak extended handguards.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:17 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:

haha yes!

And with that (as well as one of those Zhukov-S stocks Magpul released), I am done buying stuff for my AK.

Actually, I'm done buying gun related stuff period. Time to rein in my spending and concentrate on other things in my life.
Take that back...this hobby is never done...you still need to buy ammo right? :lol: :wink:

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:12 pm

The SAM7 I was eyeballing on Gunbroker didn't reach its reserve price, so the auction ended and it was relisted...probably still has the same buy it now price of $1,199.

Sighhhhh....

Guns are icky!

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed May 13, 2015 6:56 pm

RickOShea wrote:
TheLastOne wrote:Heya Rick, any insight on why that one is $99 compared to all other magpul handguards being ~$35?

Well, its a fairly stout set-up. Both the full length aluminum chassis and the polymer cover are thick & rigid.....no flex in either.

I suppose it would be fairer to compare it to something like the Troy or Ultimak extended handguards.

Fair enough! I'm excited for the side folder stock; not sure if I want black or green :clownshoes: I'll hold off on the handguard for now until I top off the pistol build I've gotten myself into.
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 pm

I don't really care for the handguard (people have actually been sticking MOE handguards on AKs for a bit now) but the buttstock seems pretty good from the limited experience I've had with it.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Wed May 13, 2015 8:05 pm

just got a glock 22 gen4 with 3.5 dis-connector, extended slide release and fiber optic front sight! now the waiting game..
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed May 13, 2015 8:24 pm

0122358 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:

haha yes!

Take that back...this hobby is never done...you still need to buy ammo right? :lol: :wink:
Actually, I'm good on ammo right now. :D

I'll still be buying gun stuff, but it'll be awhile before I go all out like I have been for past few months.

And you're right, Numbers. This hobby is never over. :lol:

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:17 pm

I've been noticing your purchases..an ak, drums, what 1-3 handguns, a shotgun on trade...making my jealous man

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm

Dave_M wrote:I don't really care for the handguard (people have actually been sticking MOE handguards on AKs for a bit now) but the buttstock seems pretty good from the limited experience I've had with it.

Buttstock looks to be quite a bit more functional and easier on the shoulder than the crutch on my maadi :lol:

Built in sling mounts will be so much fancier than the paracord loops I use to attach my mash hook attachment now too. Ha
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”