Nailgun Chat Thread

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

eeb

Nailgun Chat Thread

Post by eeb » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Now I'm curious, if I attach a rifled barrel to my nailgun, does it revert to pistol status? Or if the barrel is over 16" can I add a buttstock and have a nail-rifle? Maybe a smooth bore barrel over 18", and OAL over 26"? Since the ATF is threatening to classify nailguns as AOWs, and all.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Nailgun Chat Thread

Post by Unorthodox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:19 am

ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

eeb

Post by eeb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:47 am

Am I being too silly for a zombie website?

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:51 pm

am I the only one that thinks "fuck off, dip shit" when someone condescends to a "zombie website". Especially after being here long enough to take advantage of a butt load of good info.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:48 pm

eeb wrote:Now I'm curious, if I attach a rifled barrel to my nailgun, does it revert to pistol status? Or if the barrel is over 16" can I add a buttstock and have a nail-rifle? Maybe a smooth bore barrel over 18", and OAL over 26"? Since the ATF is threatening to classify nailguns as AOWs, and all.
I don't know, but whatever you do, do not hold it up against your shoulder. :shock:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

manowar1313

Post by manowar1313 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm not sure how the ATF would classify that, I know they raided my toy store the other day to confiscate the dangerous assault cap guns.
Anyone wanting to talk sh*t about my guns needs to remember I'm holding a gun.

quazi

Post by quazi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:24 am

olbaid_dratsab wrote:am I the only one that thinks "fuck off, dip shit" when someone condescends to a "zombie website". Especially after being here long enough to take advantage of a butt load of good info.
I think it depends. Zombie Squad's main schtick was using something silly (zombies) to make something serious (and sometimes boring, depressing, etc.) fun to talk about. Saying that ZS has no value because it's a "zombie site" would be trolling or showing ignorance of what ZS is about. On the other hand, I think it's legitimate to bring up that it's a zombie site when someone is trying to be the Fun Police and get upset over any topic that isn't super serious.

I don't think that eeb was trying to denigrate ZS. I don't think that Unorthodox was trying to be the Fun Police. I'm guessing that Unorthdox was concerned about the thread possibly getting into politics, which is verboten. I'm just putting words into people's mouths, so the lesson to take home is that I'm a giant presumptuous asshole.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:38 am

I just read this and it made me giggle, and when I say giggle, I mean.... Like a little Japanese school girl with my hand over my mouth and my entire body getting into it (ok so maybe animated Japanese school girl).

and yes quazi I think you are a presumptuous asshole, but I also think you are correct. However now that the OP mentioned it. I'm kinda curious. But seeing as how nail guns are not "firearms" I don't see how the ATF can regulate them like firearms.

I'm curious if you could make a nail gun shoot like a gun with a rifled barrel. Now.... Where is Jorg?!?!!?!?!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Unorthodox » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:10 am

It was an obvious jab toward a federal entity over a recent decision regarding the usage of a grey area accessory as a means to bypass firearm restrictions.

So yeah, worried about politics.
ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

eeb

Post by eeb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:27 am

In their open letter regarding Sig braces, the ATF took a side trip into nailguns and how some nailguns transform into AOWs when used as "weapons". So now I'm wondering what constitutes using a nailgun as a weapon? Plinking tin cans? Ventilating damaged water coolers? Jobsite recreation may never be the same. Obviously, self defense, but are they saying that they'll prosecute a justifiable act of self defense because you used a nailgun for something other than fastening two boards together? I'm assuming they're talking about nailguns powered by blank cartridges, such as Winchester's .27caliber, which is the parent case to the 17WSM. Pnuematic nailguns should be excluded.

Shouldn't be any closer to politics than all the Sig brace talk, which has been all over the boards for the last week.

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Unorthodox » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:34 am

The ATF giveth and the ATF taketh away. Do what you do, I don't care.

Edit: Probably shoulda just kept this nonsense in the chat thread where it began.
ImageImage

eeb

Post by eeb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:44 am

Just trying to keep the construction workers and handymen among us from unknowingly manufacturing unregistered AOWs. Not jabbing at any government agencies, or being intentionally condescending to and Sci-fi/fantasy based web communities.

eeb

Post by eeb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 am

Unorthodox wrote:The ATF giveth and the ATF taketh away. Do what you do, I don't care.

Edit: Probably shoulda just kept this nonsense in the chat thread where it began.
The chat thread that, iirc, is gonna get locked in another page? Bullpups were the big trend when that thread started, now that it's ending(iirc), I figured I'd name my nomination for the new chat thread after a side note in the current big story in the gun industry, but apparently no one read the whole letter. Feel free to change the subject, obviously, I figured new subjects would pick up once the current chat thread closes.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:25 am

I'm not a lawyer, even though I posed as one to score once.... I'd need to look up the ATF definition of "firearm" but I'm too lazy

My guess it will not be a firearm, as long as it is a compressed air nail gun and not one of those fancy concrete ones that use the .22 cartridges. Air rifles have rifled barrels, shoulder stocks, and are not firearms. Black powder weapons have rifled barrels, shoulder stocks, and are not firearms. I think it depends on the cartridge and not the design. But this is just my idea at this time.

***Note, I did see a video of a dude using those nail gun .22 blanks and .22 pellet-gun pellets and made a nasty single shot rifle with them. Something like 3,000 FPS. I might have to post it here when I am not on a work computer and have access to Youtube.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Squidi

Post by Squidi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:41 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote: My guess it will not be a firearm, as long as it is a compressed air nail gun ...
There are also the paslode combustible gas guns, not that I would consider them a firearm.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:29 pm

The Master Carpenter's Creed

This is my Nailgun. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Nailgun is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My Nailgun, without me, is useless. Without my Nailgun, I am useless. I must fire my Nailgun true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to take my job. I must nail him before he nails me. I will...

My Nailgun and I know that what counts in construction is not the nails we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My Nailgun is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its nails and its power source. I will keep my Nailgun clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My Nailgun and I are the defenders of my trade. We are the masters of lumber. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy, but duct tape!

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

eeb

Post by eeb » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:05 pm

"This is my hammer.
This is my (nail)gun.
This is for carpentry.
This is for fun."

Maybe I should have placed "chat" more prominently in the title.

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:04 pm

I remember nail guns

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Are we going to be using this as the new Firearms Chat thread or are we just using it to post pics of nail guns ? :lol:

Either way, I'm going be using it to ask questions about real guns and not power tools I don't own as of yet.

Someone convince me that buying a Colt AR at 957 bucks is a bad idea since I know nothing about AR rifles aside from holding them and watching a few YouTube videos.

For a little less, I could get another AK and proceed with my plan of buying some of the new Magpul furniture coming out this year instead.

Help me out here, guys.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:20 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Someone convince me that buying a Colt AR at 957 bucks is a bad idea since I know nothing about AR rifles aside from holding them and watching a few YouTube videos.
Which model of Colt?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/inde ... /1/sort/6a
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:23 pm

RickOShea wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Someone convince me that buying a Colt AR at 957 bucks is a bad idea since I know nothing about AR rifles aside from holding them and watching a few YouTube videos.
Which model of Colt?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/inde ... /1/sort/6a
I believe it's a 6920.

It's got the Magpul rear sight, a Pmag (not sure what gen it is) and the standard M4 furniture. It's pretty much the basic model 6920.

ETA: It's this one, Rick.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... TO+16.1%22

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Anyone here have any experience with Anderson Manufacturing's RF85 AR that claims it never needs lube ?

All the info I've been able to find just restates Anderson's description of the rifle word for word.

eeb

Post by eeb » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Anyone here have any experience with Anderson Manufacturing's RF85 AR that claims it never needs lube ?

All the info I've been able to find just restates Anderson's description of the rifle word for word.
From what I've read, they still need lube.

eeb

Post by eeb » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Are we going to be using this as the new Firearms Chat thread or are we just using it to post pics of nail guns ? :lol:

Either way, I'm going be using it to ask questions about real guns and not power tools I don't own as of yet.

Someone convince me that buying a Colt AR at 957 bucks is a bad idea since I know nothing about AR rifles aside from holding them and watching a few YouTube videos.

For a little less, I could get another AK and proceed with my plan of buying some of the new Magpul furniture coming out this year instead.

Help me out here, guys.
If you're already invested in AKs, I'd go that route, rather that split up your resources. $957 seems like an average deal, not necessarily a screamer.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”