Firearms Chat Part 2: Bullpups cause all the rage!

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Assault Life

Re: Firearms Chat Part 2: Bullpups cause all the rage!

Post by Assault Life » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:28 pm

How is Dugan and Carnik Con not bigger than they are. I remember when they had like 200 subscribers a year or two ago and it's only at 60k-something last time I checked. He deserves more of a crowd of you ask me.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Isn't that the guy who did a video or series of videos that had a really cheesy 80's theme to them ?

I think he wore a really bad mullet wig and was just making fun of some folks during it. :lol:

I may be thinking of another person, though.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:36 pm

Damn you, Bravo Company. Image

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:18 pm

^ that is pretty for sure.

Stuff I want:
AK trigger from ALG
Ak extended lower foreguard and I'd really like to see the folding stock in person (did you see it Dave?)
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 pm

I love BCM, but $3500 for 7ish shots of .45? Not a chance in hell. I'll have a G19, please.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:55 pm

If one wishes to spend $3k+ on a 1911 there are specialized smiths who have been making them for decades. I see no reason to lay out that kind of cash for a 1911 from a company that is new at making them, regardless of their success with the AR platform. Are they having these made by an outside company or partnering with a known manufacturer that would make these worth the premium they want?
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Kommander wrote:If one wishes to spend $3k+ on a 1911 there are specialized smiths who have been making them for decades. I see no reason to lay out that kind of cash for a 1911 from a company that is new at making them, regardless of their success with the AR platform. Are they having these made by an outside company or partnering with a known manufacturer that would make these worth the premium they want?
It's a Wilson Combat 1911, commissioned by BCM.....based on the X-Tac model, IIRC. Image

"Wilson Combat has a legendary history in manufacturing fighting 1911s, and serious hard-use guns are what BCM is all about. We are very excited to collaborate with Wilson on a special gun, built to our specifications with carefully chosen and battle ready options. BCM builds weapon systems that are manufactured to meet the unforgiving needs of law enforcement, military, security and peace keeping professionals in some of the most high stress environments and situations in the world. Forged from a gunfighter's no-nonsense mindset, we believe the BCMGUNFIGHTER 1911 carries on this tradition in a fighting handgun." - Paul Buffoni, President, Bravo Company MFG

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Oh ok. My dad has a Wilson and it is the best shooting automatic I have ever shot. The BCM should be worth it then, at least if one is into premium 1911's. Thanks for the info.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:48 pm

TheLastOne wrote:^ that is pretty for sure.

Stuff I want:
AK trigger from ALG
Ak extended lower foreguard and I'd really like to see the folding stock in person (did you see it Dave?)
I'm getting an ALG with a but. It will be too light for some.
The folding stock seemed pretty good. Triangle fixed stocks have always been meh to me.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:57 pm

I've got a potentially dumb question for you guys.

A friend of mine bought a couple boxes of Winchester Win1911 .45 ammo and the dude doesn't own a 1911 ( he does own a real nice Sig P220, though) and wondered if he could use that ammo in any other .45 ACP pistol.

Since the boxes say "Specifically designed for the 1911 pistol" he's worried it won't work in other .45 ACP guns.

I'm curious as well since I've never heard of this particular loading from Winchester.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:10 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I've got a potentially dumb question for you guys.

A friend of mine bought a couple boxes of Winchester Win1911 .45 ammo and the dude doesn't own a 1911 ( he does own a real nice Sig P220, though) and wondered if he could use that ammo in any other .45 ACP pistol.

Since the boxes say "Specifically designed for the 1911 pistol" he's worried it won't work in other .45 ACP guns.

I'm curious as well since I've never heard of this particular loading from Winchester.
It's a standard velocity .45ACP round. I believe they just nickel-plated the boolitz so they would feed more reliably....especially in some of the more finicky 1911 style pistols.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks, Rick.

I looked at the rounds myself and aside from the nickel plated bullets, they aren't much different than the Sig Sauer branded .45 rounds I have.

Winchester's site entry for these is pretty vague on whether one can use these rounds in any .45 ACP pistol or just 1911s. There's not a whole heck of a lot of info on these rounds online either.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Ok does anyone own/have any experience with the Benelli M4 Super 90 aka the M1014? Ive got a serious hard on and want to pick one up eventually. (Yes I know its $1900 shotgun)
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:13 pm

0122358 wrote:Ok does anyone own/have any experience with the Benelli M4 Super 90 aka the M1014? Ive got a serious hard on and want to pick one up eventually. (Yes I know its $1900 shotgun)

Yeah, I qualified with the M1014 (well, it's really hard to not pass that course of fire, it's more of a familiarization fire) and was issued them for security details in the Corps. I've also fired the civilian versions a few times.

They're absolutely excellent shotguns, I really can't think of a downside other than the price unless you're looking for magazine fed.

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:24 pm

0122358 wrote:Ok does anyone own/have any experience with the Benelli M4 Super 90 aka the M1014? Ive got a serious hard on and want to pick one up eventually. (Yes I know its $1900 shotgun)
No, direct experience with the Benelli M4 Super 90.

The other Benelli's set the gold standard in 3 gun competitions, though. They are recoil or inertia operated, and IIRC, can start to hiccup if you put hard or stiff side saddles on them, because it changes the inertia of the gun. They are more "thumpy" on the shoulder than your typical gas operated semi-auto.

Just doing a quick image google search, the M4 Super 90's do have kind of a quirky look to them, with the buttstock/cheek riser, and the different looking extended magazine tube.

Guns are icky!

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:32 pm

chills1994 wrote:
No, direct experience with the Benelli M4 Super 90.

The other Benelli's set the gold standard in 3 gun competitions, though. They are recoil or inertia operated, and IIRC, can start to hiccup if you put hard or stiff side saddles on them, because it changes the inertia of the gun. They are more "thumpy" on the shoulder than your typical gas operated semi-auto.

Just doing a quick image google search, the M4 Super 90's do have kind of a quirky look to them, with the buttstock/cheek riser, and the different looking extended magazine tube.
Bolded emphases on what gives me a hard on... :wink:
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Man, trying to get in contact with someone in Winchester's ammo department is a pain in the neck.

I understand that SHOT Show ended a day or so back, but did everyone at Winchester go to the show ?

ETA: Numbers, that shotgun is nice and I will own one at some point in my life.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:10 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Man, trying to get in contact with someone in Winchester's ammo department is a pain in the neck.

I understand that SHOT Show ended a day or so back, but did everyone at Winchester go to the show ?

I already know that the second I walk off stage after receiving my diploma in June, I'm walking over to the gunstore that is next to the Pavilion where my ceremony is at and picking up a MK25 P226 and putting in an order for an AK of some flavor and a Ruger SR762. The M4 Super 90 will be a Christmas present lol :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:20 pm

0122358 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Man, trying to get in contact with someone in Winchester's ammo department is a pain in the neck.

I already know that the second I walk off stage after receiving my diploma in June, I'm walking over to the gunstore that is next to the Pavilion where my ceremony is at and picking up a MK25 P226 and putting in an order for an AK of some flavor and a Ruger SR762. The M4 Super 90 will be a Christmas present lol :lol:
I'm thinking of picking up another AK as well, possibly another G21 and a new shotgun so I can finally retire my bullpup Mossberg to 'safe queen' status.

I don't know what brand AK I'll end up with, but I do know it and my current one will be wearing those new side folding stocks Magpul debuted at SHOT Show this year. I'll probably pick up a dozen or so of the Gen 2 AK Pmags as well.

The newer InterOrdnance AKs are supposed to be really good now that the owner is making sure the QC is up to his really high standards. I might pick up one of those or maybe save my pennies and grab a stamped receiver Arsenal if I can find one.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:50 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
0122358 wrote:

I'm thinking of picking up another AK as well, possibly another G21 and a new shotgun so I can finally retire my bullpup Mossberg to 'safe queen' status.

I don't know what brand AK I'll end up with, but I do know it and my current one will be wearing those new side folding stocks Magpul debuted at SHOT Show this year. I'll probably pick up a dozen or so of the Gen 2 AK Pmags as well.

The newer InterOrdnance AKs are supposed to be really good now that the owner is making sure the QC is up to his really high standards. I might pick up one of those or maybe save my pennies and grab a stamped receiver Arsenal if I can find one.
Yes G2 AK Pmags allaround please. Probably a PSA AK if theyre any good or probably a 7-800 dollar mid level AK. It wont be a primary fighting gun, but I do want to train with it and delegate it to back up status.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:31 pm

cricketdave
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by cricketdave » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:50 am

Is anyone familiar with the S&W SD40? I just happened to see one at the PX on base today and they were 290. which seemed like a screaming deal for a Smith. They had M&P 9mm for 440 which seemed a good price too.
ZS#4545

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:15 am

cricketdave wrote:Is anyone familiar with the S&W SD40? I just happened to see one at the PX on base today and they were 290. which seemed like a screaming deal for a Smith. They had M&P 9mm for 440 which seemed a good price too.
I'd stay away from the SD40, regardless of price. They aren't miserable guns, overall; they work, at least. The trigger is atrocious, though.

cricketdave
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by cricketdave » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:48 pm

Oh I had no intention of buying one I was just surprised at the price.
ZS#4545

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”