Would you buy 3D printed mags?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Would you buy 3D printed mags?

Yes
39%
No
29%
Other
16%
Welcome To Costco, I Love You
16%

Total votes: 31

The Badger

Re: Would you buy 3D printed mags?

Post by The Badger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:35 am

I'm excited to see what they come up with later on. I'd certainly like to see clips and speedloaders, though! I'd definitely use those.

eeb

Post by eeb » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Maybe AR pistol grips and buttstocks? I'd be interested in more options for fixed buttstocks similar to the Magpul PRS, but at a lower price if possible. IDK if you can print out a buttstock with an adjustable cheekpiece already assembled & ready to go? An A2 shaped stock with adjustable LOP and cheekpieces built in would be cool IMO.
Last edited by eeb on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

TrippyJoey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Land of the Dead

Post by TrippyJoey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:34 pm

eeb wrote:Maybe AR pistol grips and buttstocks? I'd be interested in more options for fixed buttstocks similar to some of the Magpul items, but at a lower price if possible. IDK if you can print out a buttstock with an adjustable cheekpiece already assembled & ready to go?
Yes it's possible. In the Objet Connexion 500 multi material 3D printer we have we can print an assembly as long as the tolerances are properly done. :D
The only good zombie is the one with a hole thru its forehead.

eeb

Post by eeb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 am

TrippyJoey wrote:
eeb wrote:Maybe AR pistol grips and buttstocks? I'd be interested in more options for fixed buttstocks similar to some of the Magpul items, but at a lower price if possible. IDK if you can print out a buttstock with an adjustable cheekpiece already assembled & ready to go?
Yes it's possible. In the Objet Connexion 500 multi material 3D printer we have we can print an assembly as long as the tolerances are properly done. :D
That'd be the direction I'd lean to get into the high-volume AR market. Magpul and USGI mags seem to have affordable, proven quality AR mags covered at this point, but go ahead and get a couple designs perfected to get prepared for the next panic when you can sell them at a high profit as fast as you can print them off. Until then stick mostly to the oddball mags and furniture, IMHO.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

gun toting monkeyboy

Post by gun toting monkeyboy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:54 pm

I went with the costco answer, simply because the answer I was looking for wasn't there. I would say "Yes" if the price and materials were right. I don't really care what or how my magazines are made, provided that they work. And provided that they are close to the same price. Of course, I live in California, so standard capacity magazines are generally out for me until we win a few more court battles.

-Mb

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”