Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Rednex » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Kent , me and a friend were looking at what was on we could watch and it was between Cherry 2000 and a low rate zombie movie. Zombie movie won.
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:22 am

I just gave myself a nose bleed while practicing mag speed reloads on my AR...that was fun.

I also was practicing drawing with my G19 CCW and figured out why I veer it left on the draw and don't get a strong sight alignment.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:04 am

Anyone know of some high quality rechargeable batteries for a TLR-1? Believe they're CR123A

Also just bought a 500rd case of Colt branded Silver Bear 62gr ball. Hopefully it doesnt fuck my rifle like that Tulammo and the 1/7 should like the weight. Wish me luck.

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:35 am

AK47Heaven wrote:Anyone know of some high quality rechargeable batteries for a TLR-1? Believe they're CR123A

Also just bought a 500rd case of Colt branded Silver Bear 62gr ball. Hopefully it doesnt fuck my rifle like that Tulammo and the 1/7 should like the weight. Wish me luck.
how much did you get that 62gr for? and from where? I've had my eye on some from luckygunner.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:58 am

$165 shipped from sgammo

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:43 am

AK47Heaven wrote:$165 shipped from sgammo
Holy shit...illnpick some up tomorrow of they have any

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:59 am

Rednex wrote:Kent , me and a friend were looking at what was on we could watch and it was between Cherry 2000 and a low rate zombie movie. Zombie movie won.
Plot synopsis sounds awful but its actually a great movie. Makes for good discussion partnered with that new movie "her".
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

raxar

Post by raxar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Lord help me I think I may be interested in a tavor.
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

eeb

Post by eeb » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Just recontoured an AR pistol grip for my Omni polymer pistol lower. Exaggerated palm swell, finger grooves, etc., going for a bullseye/benchrest pistol look.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:54 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Rednex wrote:Chimp a current striped lower out here is $100, seen some at Ares Armory poly lowers for $50. Seen a PSA full AR kit minus lower for $499.99 so the math says $600 you can have a AR.
Yep, which is why the Mini-14 is off the wish list now.

I will have an AR at some point and I might even build it myself.

I know I've got plenty of free time. :lol:
Seriously. Save up, buy a lower. Save up, buy a lower parts kit. Save up, buy an upper. etc. And you get the satisfaction of knowing that you did it yourself. :)
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:51 pm

That's my plan, Monkey. :)

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have a home built AR. :clap:

Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:36 pm

0122358 wrote:
AK47Heaven wrote:$165 shipped from sgammo
Holy shit...illnpick some up tomorrow of they have any
annnnnnd.....theyre out of stock :vmad: right as I was about to order

on a related note, does anyone know where to find .22lr anywhere that isn't charging for my first born? Or is everyone still being selfish?

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 am

Had a good weekend shooting. Got to break in and shoot the new marlin 30/30 and sight in the scope I put on it. Also got to break in and shoot the new HOWA 1500 Game kings I got on Saturday in both .308 and .223. Damn I love those two rifles. The .223 even came with the detachable magazine as well as the BDL kit. Now I am going to have to order the mag kit for the .308 and more mags for both. The scopes on them are amazing as well. I am considering getting the same scope for my HOWA in .270. My 13 yr old daughter removed the bullseye from the targets with both the .223 and .308 at 100 yards and now wants her own of each of them. Now to get to the PX before Thursday as they have a combination and key locking metal case for rifles on sale this week. Normally $35 but 20% until Thursday. Next weekend I want to run the rifles over the chronograph with both factory and my reloaded ammo.
Regulators mount up.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Dave_M wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
TheLastOne wrote:Laughing hysterically at people begging for magpul SKS and mini 14 mags in the comment sections of all the release stuff about the new magpul AK mags.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

And they are serious!
Speaking of MagPul AK mags, are they still being made with no metal reinforcement like the Tapco mags or has MagPul fixed that ?
First run no metal.

What I find strange is that Magpul is saying that these magazines will be completely bombproof with no metal reinforcements and then immediately talking about how Gen 2 will be a, 'combat' magazine with the necessary metal reinforcements.

Obviously those two lines of thought don't exactly correlate.

...yeah, the corp release statement on that was a little weird.
Synopsis: ~ yeah, we're releasing the moe version to make sure the fit is right because AK tolerances are tight (what? am I reading this right?) and through thorough testing by known people in the AK world (who? you let sonny shoot someone with it?) we find the lugs will round off a bit but still work great. These people did strip reloads and dropped em on concrete. Essentially we're releasing this AK mag as a range mag for people who want to pay operator grade prices for a range mag. Also, we will soon release an operator grade mag to be on par with the bulgy circle 10's.~

My response, alright fuckers make it $10 and we're cool. Otherwise shaddup and gimme the good one already for $17 or less.

In other news I do like their AK grip I got a few months ago.

Also, everyone wants a mini14 but no one wants a mini14. No good reason to buy one other than we all watched a hella great show in our formative years called the A-Team (and even they couldn't hit shit with one). There's probably a good vulgar comparison somewhere about a not so pretty girl who's kind of good and willing with her mouth but you wouldn't want your friends to know. If I had $700+ of trash money and could frankly go shooting quite a bit more and just had one for fun? You bet I'd get it. There's just way too much other stuff way higher on the to get list than that. Hell, I kind of want a hipoint just to see how long it would take me to ruin it (um, just open the box?).
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Video won't embed :evil:

Here is what happens when a snowman encounters a 1 oz load of #6's from a 20 gauge.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Ts-ry ... 9tRUE/edit
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Speaking of mini-14's, I think one of my cousin's kids has one of those Mini-14 Target rifles. Supposedly, his is pretty accurate, but I haven't spoken to him in a couple years so I don't know if he's still even got the gun or not.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Here's a project I've been playing with on and off for a few weeks.

Took me a lot longer than it should have, mostly because I did it while watching TV. Scaled out IDPA targets onto two pieces of craft board, cut them out, now I have a set of stencils to quickly make up some rough IDPA targets any time I happen across adequate sized cardboard boxes. I took the pieces I cut out from the smaller stencil, and glued them to the larger stencil (the parts I coloured black), so when not in use, I can press the small stencil onto the large one for storage.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 pm

raxar wrote:Lord help me I think I may be interested in a tavor.
Do eeet!!! :awesome:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:09 am

RickOShea wrote:

ho god, i like that setup and love that handguard.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:20 pm

RickOShea wrote:

Damnit, now I want a Tavor. :lol:

By the way, anyone here ever use Aguila .45 ACP ammo ? If so, what did you think of it ?

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:By the way, anyone here ever use Aguila .45 ACP ammo ? If so, what did you think of it ?
Worked great for me. Never had an issue with it.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Browning 35 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:By the way, anyone here ever use Aguila .45 ACP ammo ? If so, what did you think of it ?
Worked great for me. Never had an issue with it.
That's good.
I wasn't too sure about it myself since I've never used the brand. I tend to use Federal for my 1911, but I might pick up a box or two of the Aguila when I can.

Thanks, Browning35.

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:53 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote: By the way, anyone here ever use Aguila .45 ACP ammo ? If so, what did you think of it ?
I went through a case of Aquila 9mm last year, it was a little dirty and gritty compared to other ammo I was using (mostly Speer Lawman and S&B). If it's the same price, I tend to prefer PMC or S&B over Aguila when it comes to imported ammo, but I've never had a problem with any of those brands.

I will say the Aguila 38 special brass is super shiny. I like reloading it 'cause it looks new even after a couple of loadings. :-)
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really

Post by Barr » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Can someone please explain to me why I can't find glock 17 Mag's in stock or under $40?
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”