Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

raxar

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by raxar » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:33 pm

RickOShea wrote: Or, you thread the gas tube hole in the FSB and then bolt the handguard retainer to the FSB. That's what I did to the .22 upper I put together.

Like so:

That's a pretty damn good idea.
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:39 pm

what would be a good affordable caliber for a lever action rifle ? either a handgun or rifle caliber, from my previous research it would be the classical 30-30, it would be for a bush and range rifle. maximum range, 150m open sight or 3X scope

the .22 was already chosen by the way
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:57 pm

azrael99 wrote:what would be a good affordable caliber for a lever action rifle ? either a handgun or rifle caliber, from my previous research it would be the classical 30-30, it would be for a bush and range rifle. maximum range, 150m open sight or 3X scope

the .22 was already chosen by the way
.308 Winchester.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... 34&tid=018
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:03 pm

that a gorgeous rifle but do you have any opinion on it ? love the stainless body
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:06 pm

azrael99 wrote:that a gorgeous rifle but do you have any opinion on it ? love the stainless body
Honestly, no......I know several guys that use Browning BARs, but no BLRs. :ooh:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:16 pm

azrael99 wrote:that a gorgeous rifle but do you have any opinion on it ? love the stainless body
The 30/30 336Y is $350ish. Longer range? Snap up some leverevolution blamunition.
I've got a box, yet to shoot it but PPC blammo will consistently bust clays off hand @ 25 yds.
I heart marlin 336 levers. :D
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 pm

i spotted a few Marlin that were quite good looking

raxar

Post by raxar » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:59 pm

azrael99 wrote:i spotted a few Marlin that were quite good looking
I've been a marlin guy for years but I wouldn't buy one of the new Remington made ones, they seem to have a ton of issues. Try to find an older one.
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:22 pm

good advice

GunshopGaspode

Post by GunshopGaspode » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:25 pm

My M&P Shield in 9mm I had a grip reduction and simple stipple job done on by a friend. Took the hump off the backstrap and he put an Imperial Crest on there cuz I'mma big ole dork :crazy:

Image Image

Oddly enough it handles better now without the hump in the back, for me anyway. I dig it.
Pride is all well and good, but a sausage is a sausage.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Love the Imperial Crest. Damn dirty rebels.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

raxar

Post by raxar » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Hey, want Kel-tec to bring out something interesting, make about 4 of them, and then go back to churning out p-11's?

Here ya go

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:27 am

raxar wrote:Hey, want Kel-tec to bring out something interesting, make about 4 of them, and then go back to churning out p-11's just stop?
Sounds right on the money. I agree that it's only "interesting", not awesome, but then, I once read something on the internet about the high-quality craftsmanship and great trigger feel in all of their guns. Nice to see a long-stroke piston system, though, and another bullpup .223 is never really unwelcome.

In local news, the Osprey drop-in piston system is very drop-in, very nice, even more nice if you get it in Nickel-Boron, and fits under FUCK-ALL handguards. After having handled the Troy Alpha rail, I'm really pissed I can't use it for this build. I'm deciding whether to see if a Midwest SS-series will actually work as the internet says it probably will, or give up and put in the spare gas tube I have sitting next to my current build. I'd still have to buy a DI bolt carrier, then.

I need for household CNC mills to become a reality a lot faster than it's actually going to happen. The part I want does not exist, and this proves that 3D printers are really not as useful as people think they are.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

Smü
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Videotape of my 13th birthday ...

Post by Smü » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:43 am

'scuse the self quote:
Smü wrote:Mag question.

I want to grab some mags for a Savage Precision Carbine. They sell for ridiculous prices here. Midway germany has parts, though. Boxes and springs. Is it "assemble" and use or do I miss something?

Other than that: Does anybody know a decent shop where to order in the US? I have the ability to receive US packages every now and then.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

... do those lie around in your local walmarts?
"Never use actual experience within an internet debate."
- Woods Walker

If you find typos, you may keep 'em.

raxar

Post by raxar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Image

I think you missed the point

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 am

raxar wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Image

I think you missed the point
I've rarely seen the point to much of anything Keltec puts out.

raxar

Post by raxar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:32 am

http://centerfiresystems.com/search.aspx?find=hg2846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well that certainly throws a wrench into my plans for a pakistani tokarev.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:44 am

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... 51-pistol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

another single stack 9 for the marketplace
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

raxar

Post by raxar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:53 am

TheLastOne wrote:http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... 51-pistol/

That action is pretty cool. Wish they made it in a fullsize double stack. Anyone see in the article if it's a polymer or steel frame? I'm guessing poly but didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:58 am

Huh. If the mags are decently priced I may finally replace that Taurus 9mm I keep in the car.

Did I read correctly that it's a fixed barrel? As in, no booster to suppress?

raxar

Post by raxar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

Huh. If the mags are decently priced I may finally replace that Taurus 9mm I keep in the car.

Did I read correctly that it's a fixed barrel? As in, no booster to suppress?

Yeah, look at the animation. Looks like it works similar to an SKS operated by blowback instead of gas. Pretty swanky

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Would someone mind talking me off the collapsible stock PTR-91 edge...............please

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

finally free of the holidays and family and caught up on here again. Father in law gave me a sig 380 for my wife to shoot and possibly use as a CCW. He is trying to distribute his collection between his three children before anything happens to him to prevent any arguments over the firearms after his demise. Not that he is ill or anything. He just wants to pre-stage his collection. That and since he retired to his beach house in Mexico and cant have his collection there he is slowly parting it out to his children.

Picked up a Galco Miami classic shoulder holster used but not a speck of dirt on it nor a single wear mark from my local LGS for my 357 rossi. Fit is a little loose but the store owners wife does leather work and she is putting a couple of stitches in it to make it fit the gun right for me. Cost was only $50. I plan to use I as my hunting holster on future hunts. Shoulder holster easier while ridding in a Polaris side by side and on the last elk hunt the cold weather bibs I was wearing had no belt loops and with he multiple layers My belt would not fit any way.

Getting my crossbow approval for archery seasons here. Only requires a VA doctor to attest my should was rebuilt while on active duty and I can hunt all archery seasons with a cross bow.

Did the shooting for my daughters science project two days ago. Compared 4 different powders in 38spl pushing 158 grain reloads against factory 158 grain loads out of a 4 inch barreled revolver and a 16 inch lever action carbine over my new chronograph I had to get for the science project. (I get to buy more firearms related stuff when I can directly tie it to filling the freezer or the kids grades in school). Also managed to find a great shooting area 1.5 miles down the street from the house for future use. Now if others would pick up after themselves down there it would be even better. (shot up old TV's and other items) I do like that people leave their fired brass lying around to add to my reloading room.... :clap: While we were doing the shooting for the project a nice elderly gentleman came by to see what we were up too. He let me test fir his FN40, and EMP9mm as well as his S&W 357 revolver with his reloads. He told us where he lived and told us to stop by and he would give us extra rods and diffusers for the chronograph. We had a nice long chat about his time in Korea at the chosin reservoir and my time in the Corps. After he left we realized while we were packing up that he left his revolver in the bed of my truck. we promptly delivered it to him at his residence which was about 2 miles away and right across the street from a buddy of mines house. He gave me the parts for the chronograph we had a couple of beers and his reloading room made me extremely jealous. Long story short we now have a new shooting and reloading buddy to hang out with. I plan to post the results from the shooting for the science project in the press therapy forum here on ZS just as soon as I can figure out how to post a spreadsheet without the fields shifting.
Regulators mount up.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”