Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Locked
User avatar
Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 10834
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Gingerbread Man » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:35 am

0122358 wrote:I wanna get a 26...I have no need for a 26 becuase my 19 will be my primary carry gun...but i still want one...
So far my 26 has been the most reliable gun I've ever owned. Not talkin' it up but I've had malfs with my 20, 29, 19 and my 17. Never with the 26. Not loads of problems but a misfeed every 500 rds or so. I've put at least 3K through this gun without a single issue. Reloads, factory, wide mouth hollow points, no issues.

I think Gaston gave it a lil' smooch on the way out of Austria.

My first carry gun was a S&W 3913. It was just as reliable however I shot it sooo much I wore it out and and it stared doubling and tripling. IT was cool as hell but I had it repaired and sold it for a Glock 19 Gen 2. Then it was LOVE.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 am

Gingerbread Man wrote:
0122358 wrote:I wanna get a 26...I have no need for a 26 becuase my 19 will be my primary carry gun...but i still want one...
So far my 26 has been the most reliable gun I've ever owned. Not talkin' it up but I've had malfs with my 20, 29, 19 and my 17. Never with the 26. Not loads of problems but a misfeed every 500 rds or so. I've put at least 3K through this gun without a single issue. Reloads, factory, wide mouth hollow points, no issues.

I think Gaston gave it a lil' smooch on the way out of Austria.

My first carry gun was a S&W 3913. It was just as reliable however I shot it sooo much I wore it out and and it stared doubling and tripling. IT was cool as hell but I had it repaired and sold it for a Glock 19 Gen 2. Then it was LOVE.
although...my hands are so small i can get a full grip on the 26 :crazy: :ohdear:

The only hiccups my 19 has had in the 500 rounds ive put through it were three failure to lock back or failure to chamber and one missfeed...all fixed with propper lube...
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

User avatar
Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 2355
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Beowolf » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:52 am

0122358 wrote:...all fixed with propper lube...
That's always my solution.

Wait...
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Assault Life
* * *
Posts: 784
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Assault Life » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:55 am

0122358 wrote:I wanna get a 26...I have no need for a 26 becuase my 19 will be my primary carry gun...but i still want one...
We have Gen 3s for $499
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

User avatar
0122358
* * * * *
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland
Location: Purdy...Washington

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 0122358 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 am

Assault Life wrote:
0122358 wrote:I wanna get a 26...I have no need for a 26 becuase my 19 will be my primary carry gun...but i still want one...
We have Gen 3s for $499
Itll Be awhile. My handgun purchuse lists has priorities:

S&W J frame
Sig P226 Combat w/ threaded barrel & Night Sights
Ruger GP100 .357 6"
Springfield 1911
Springfield XD45 Tactical or Glock 21 .45
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

User avatar
LivelyToaster
* * * *
Posts: 989
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead
Location: Dallas, Pa

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by LivelyToaster » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:23 am

0122358 wrote:
Assault Life wrote:
0122358 wrote:I wanna get a 26...I have no need for a 26 becuase my 19 will be my primary carry gun...but i still want one...
We have Gen 3s for $499
Itll Be awhile. My handgun purchuse lists has priorities:

S&W J frame
Sig P226 Combat w/ threaded barrel & Night Sights
Ruger GP100 .357 6"
Springfield 1911
Springfield XD45 Tactical or Glock 21 .45
What no M&P? :gonk: Since Smithy fixed the out of box no reset craptastic triggers I've fallen in love with those weapons.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sent from a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Maverick299 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:18 am

The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

User avatar
PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator
Posts: 6573
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:31 pm
Location: St Louis

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by PistolPete » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 am

Mr. E. Monkey wrote:Really, seriously considering buying a Glock 23. Let's see if ZS will try to talk me down from the ledge, or push me off. :lol:

I already have a G19, and like the idea of being able to use the same holster...already looking at 9mm conversion barrels, too, but like the idea of having options. :)
Get one, but wait to find a cheap good condition used model. In general the .40 Glocks can be had on the used market for cheap. Full size 22's commonly go for under $400, and you should be able to find a Gen 3 23 for under $450 that's in near perfect shape.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain
Image

User avatar
UndeadInfidel
* * * * *
Posts: 2342
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by UndeadInfidel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:07 am

Gingerbread Man wrote:
NamelessStain wrote:
But a .45ACP kills your soul!!
10mm removes it from the record. Just sayin'
Unless you've got a can, that is.
Image

northernxposure
* * * * *
Posts: 2686
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: EWI

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by northernxposure » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Gingerbread Man wrote:
0122358 wrote:I wanna get a 26...I have no need for a 26 becuase my 19 will be my primary carry gun...but i still want one...
So far my 26 has been the most reliable gun I've ever owned. Not talkin' it up but I've had malfs with my 20, 29, 19 and my 17. Never with the 26. Not loads of problems but a misfeed every 500 rds or so. I've put at least 3K through this gun without a single issue. Reloads, factory, wide mouth hollow points, no issues.

I think Gaston gave it a lil' smooch on the way out of Austria.

My first carry gun was a S&W 3913. It was just as reliable however I shot it sooo much I wore it out and and it stared doubling and tripling. IT was cool as hell but I had it repaired and sold it for a Glock 19 Gen 2. Then it was LOVE.
I knew I liked you for a reason... :clap:

Numbers, you need a G26. I need a G26. We all need a G26.

Some of us just realise it sooner than later. :clownshoes:

NXP (hoo-ray for small Austrian "perfection")

User avatar
Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:31 am
Location: Delaware

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Rednex » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 pm

I may go 26 later on , but for now i'm content with my 19 and 17 both gen3
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Maverick299 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

I was looking for a video I watched a long time ago on I believe the making of a Hart custom rifle barrel. Can someone please explain to me why when I youtube "custom rifle barrel" 70% of the videos are about free floating, skim bedding, accurizing, and customizing Mosin's? Are there really that many people spending that kind of money to turn a minute of basketball rifle into a minute of softball rifle? :?
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 12210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Maverick299 wrote:I was looking for a video I watched a long time ago on I believe the making of a Hart custom rifle barrel. Can someone please explain to me why when I youtube "custom rifle barrel" 70% of the videos are about free floating, skim bedding, accurizing, and customizing Mosin's? Are there really that many people spending that kind of money to turn a minute of basketball rifle into a minute of softball rifle? :?
Yes. Standard mosintardiness.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm happy with my Mosin in the configuration it's currently in.

I have no want or need to turn what's basically the Hi-Point of the milsurp world into anything it wasn't meant to be.

I do kind of want to buy another one, though. If I could get my hands on a Remington or Westinghouse WW1 era Mosin, that'd be great.

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Maverick299 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:52 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I'm happy with my Mosin in the configuration it's currently in.

I have no want or need to turn what's basically the Hi-Point of the milsurp world into anything it wasn't meant to be.

I do kind of want to buy another one, though. If I could get my hands on a Remington or Westinghouse WW1 era Mosin, that'd be great.
I'm not bashing on Mosins, my M44 is one of the most entertaining guns I have to shoot, especially at night. I'm wondering why guys take $100 rifles and than spend $100's more trying to make them into something they aren't.

Putting a spoiler and some rims on your 89' Camry does not make it a race car.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

User avatar
TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3210
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: CO

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by TheLastOne » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Magpul AK grip one sentence review:

Works just fine, texturing is good and grippy, it's a different style than traditional for sure but seemed mostly ergonomical, it didn't fall off, and it's $20.

um, sorry for super huge pics
Image

Image
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013
Image

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Maverick299 wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I'm happy with my Mosin in the configuration it's currently in.

I have no want or need to turn what's basically the Hi-Point of the milsurp world into anything it wasn't meant to be.

I do kind of want to buy another one, though. If I could get my hands on a Remington or Westinghouse WW1 era Mosin, that'd be great.
I'm not bashing on Mosins, my M44 is one of the most entertaining guns I have to shoot, especially at night. I'm wondering why guys take $100 rifles and than spend $100's more trying to make them into something they aren't.

Putting a spoiler and some rims on your 89' Camry does not make it a race car.
Oh no, I wasn't saying you were bashing the Mosin, Maverick299. Sorry if my post sounded like that. :oops:

I'm with you on wondering why some folks take a 100 dollar rifle and bolt on 500 bucks worth of crap on it trying to turn it into anything for than a fun range toy.

User avatar
We'reWolf
* * *
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 pm
Location: California,San Diego

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by We'reWolf » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:10 pm

just putting this out there if anyone has a psl, Apex has mags for sell for 45$ and 55$
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Man, I haven't seen a PSL for sale in years.

Wasn't there a VEPR version of those being imported or am I remembering things wrong again ?

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 12210
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:32 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Man, I haven't seen a PSL for sale in years.

Wasn't there a VEPR version of those being imported or am I remembering things wrong again ?
There is a 7.62x54R Vepr (several varieties) but they aren't really PSL-like aside from caliber.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
Image
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 7437
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Man, I haven't seen a PSL for sale in years.

Wasn't there a VEPR version of those being imported or am I remembering things wrong again ?
There is a 7.62x54R Vepr (several varieties) but they aren't really PSL-like aside from caliber.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
That's what I was figuring, Doc.

I see or hear of a semi-auto rifle in 7.62x54r and automatically I'm thinking "PSL" or "Dragunov"

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Maverick299 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:43 pm

I gotta buddy building a MG42 in 54R, can't wait to turn that thing loose!
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

User avatar
RTF_Squared
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland. Resident Evil Degeneration.
Location: CO

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by RTF_Squared » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:08 pm

northernxposure wrote:

Numbers, you need a G26. I need a G26. We all need a G26.

Some of us just realise it sooner than later. :clownshoes:

NXP (hoo-ray for small Austrian "perfection")
Truth. I hate the grip length on all subcompacts but I still want one. And a 19. And a 34. And a 23RTF2C. And all the others.
Brought to you by Carl's Junior.

User avatar
Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 919
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O
Location: Near Rainier Oregon

Re: Firearms Chat: Stipple that, home edition

Post by Skull_Hide » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Just got my Ruger American Rimfire from the shop. Overall I like it, only problem is I bought a Ruger BX magazine to go with it and the fit is insanely too difficult to fit. So looks like I have some material to remove from the stock, but the factory ten round mag fits fine.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

Locked

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”