Purchase issues due to recent panic?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Shadoq

Purchase issues due to recent panic?

Post by Shadoq » Fri May 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Hey guys,
I just want to sound you guys out and see if maybe I've just had bad luck.

These 2 purchases were done with sellers with 100% positive feedback with 50+ transactions each so I would ASSUME that makes them somewhat trustworthy. But you know what they say about assuming....makes an a!! out of you and me.

1st transaction: Bought 150 loose rounds of 7.62X39, received the ammo and did an inventory. Noticed that some (over 10%) were significantly different in size and shape. Thanks to you gents (might have seen my other thread) it was identified as 7.62 Czech. The seller denied knowledge of this, even after being provided photographic proof. No monetary refund. I chalked it up to bad luck. Just glad I inspected it and didn't blow apart my AK trying to fire incorrect ammo. Steel and wood fragments in my face are not desirable nor do I want to test my ballistic eyepro and earpro.

2nd transaction: Bought 500 rounds of 7.62X39 S&B ammo in 20 round boxes for a total of 25 boxes (common theme with X39 perhaps?). Paid a high price but need the ammo resupply so I swallowed it. Paid USPS money order and had the ammo shipped to my house. Arrived at my house today. Opened the box to do my usual inspection and to start reloading my mags. Did a double take and started to count. Mother Fer!!! :x There are only 20 boxes. I've been stiffed 100 rounds! Waiting on seller response to my polite inquiry as to the missing boxes.

Has anyone else had issues like this with sellers blatantly lying recently? How did you handle it?

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Re: Purchase issues due to recent panic?

Post by Beowolf » Sat May 25, 2013 1:29 am

Where are you buying from? Gunbroker or...? I've had smooth transactions thus far, but I've only purchased guns and magazines at this point.

Let us know what site you're using so we can better evaluate. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Shadoq

Post by Shadoq » Sat May 25, 2013 2:40 am

AR15.com

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Sat May 25, 2013 2:45 am

Hmmm. Having not used that site or its members before, I'd say maybe it's time to go to only face to face sales. =/ Sorry--it sounds like you got screwed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:32 am

Shadoq wrote:AR15.com
Ar15.com has an option for buyer feedback.

Completely blast the guy that sent you the incorrect ammo and didn't do anything about it once you informed him of it. I mean give him such a shitty and scathing review that no one will want to do business with his family for four or five generations.

Wait on the second guy to see if he makes it right.

The problem with sites like this is that everyone wants to be a good guy and give people that don't deserve it good reviews immediately after the transaction is through. They're just happy that something arrived in the mail and they don't realize that they got burned. Immediately inspect, count and shoot some of what you received and THEN give feedback, don't give it immediately. Tell it like it is and scabs like this won't be able to do business there.

I'm on ar15.con and I've done a few deals here and there and I genuinely try to make sure that the person's happy with what they get and I almost always make face-to-face transactions instead of having it shipped. That way I can look at what they're selling or urge them to inspect it right then and there, cuts down on misunderstandings.

I suggest you do the same and limit yourself to FTF transactions and take the time to count and look at what they're selling. If it doesn't match up then thank them for their time and simply don't buy it.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

400 Grains

Post by 400 Grains » Sat May 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Thankfully, prices are headed back down to where buying ammo from individuals on gunbroker won't make sense, except for oddball ammo, etc.

But I wouldn't buy loose ammo that way no matter what the price was.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat May 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Never had any issues on ZS :-)
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”