Firearms Chat.....Sans catchy title

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Firearms Chat.....Sans catchy title

Post by UndeadInfidel » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 am

Maverick299 wrote:
UndeadInfidel wrote:Nice. I've shot an FNX Tactical, and it's definitely an awesome pistol. I like the high capacity mags for it, but I'd say the trigger isn't quite as nice as the USP45t match trigger.

Been wanting one of those Inforce lights, too, because apparently it'll bolt on to the old HK proprietary rail without an adapter.

I looked at those yesterday for that same exact reason, and there is a small print at the end of the specs on the right side of the websites that says: Will not fit Beretta model PX4 storm or H&K USP :vmad:

http://www.inforce-mil.com/pistol-lights.php
It works with slight modification of the alternate clip. Pics in this thread on a USP9

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=106912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 am

UndeadInfidel wrote:
Maverick299 wrote:
UndeadInfidel wrote:Nice. I've shot an FNX Tactical, and it's definitely an awesome pistol. I like the high capacity mags for it, but I'd say the trigger isn't quite as nice as the USP45t match trigger.

Been wanting one of those Inforce lights, too, because apparently it'll bolt on to the old HK proprietary rail without an adapter.

I looked at those yesterday for that same exact reason, and there is a small print at the end of the specs on the right side of the websites that says: Will not fit Beretta model PX4 storm or H&K USP :vmad:

It works with slight modification of the alternate clip. Pics in this thread on a USP9

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=106912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, who woulda thunk it? :D I currently have a TLR-1 on there with an adapter and I've never really been happy with it. If you try this, please report back. I am now very interested in one of those Inforce lights.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Makarov wrote:
Dat RMR a 6.5MOA? Me needs a review on the size of the dot in usage, since I feel that I'm really close to buying a RMR.
Also wants an opinion on the adjustable RMR. Useful and needed, or just nice to have?
Yeah, it's the 6.5 dot. Still haven't had a chance to try it or the pistol out yet.....For the last week, every time I even think about riding back to the range, a bad-ass thunderstorm pops-up (it's that time of year around here).

Just fingering it, I like the adjustable RMR. The buttons are relatively big and easy to use. BUT, comparing it to my Fastfire 3, the blue-ish tint on the lens is darker on the RMR and (it could just be my eyes) the ever so slight lens distortion is more noticeable on the Trijicon too.

Maverick299 wrote:I looked at those yesterday for that same exact reason, and there is a small print at the end of the specs on the right side of the websites that says: Will not fit Beretta model PX4 storm or H&K USP :vmad:

I got one to work on my PX4 also. Just had to hit the top, inside corners of the flappy-paddle switches a few licks with a flat file. Before, the top inside corners of the switches were making contact with the top of the flared-out trigger guard before the light would activate.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Well I made the journey safe and sound to Texas, now to unload the 14 foot u-haul truck of crap.

Can't wait till the miss sees all my range stuff, she has never seen it all condensed into one location.

Let alone that location being our garage.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Chris@MTCT wrote:Well I made the journey safe and sound to Texas, now to unload the 14 foot u-haul truck of crap.

Can't wait till the miss sees all my range stuff, she has never seen it all condensed into one location.

Let alone that location being our garage.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk.
What general area did you end up in?
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

UndeadInfidel

Post by UndeadInfidel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:52 am

On another note, a member here alerted me to a firearms company in Tucson AZ posting pictures of my AR pistol, with added watermarks, saying they built and finished it. I hit them up on Facebook with the intellectual property email, and commented on it that it was my photo, my firearm, and that they'd never seen or touched it in its life.

The guy backpeddled saying he sent it to a customer after he cerakoted parts, and he was told that was the "finished" product. I'm not sure how many Punisher lowers are finished in patriot brown with FDE accents, but it seemed an unlikely excuse.

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:05 am

UndeadInfidel wrote:On another note, a member here alerted me to a firearms company in Tucson AZ posting pictures of my AR pistol, with added watermarks, saying they built and finished it. I hit them up on Facebook with the intellectual property email, and commented on it that it was my photo, my firearm, and that they'd never seen or touched it in its life.

The guy backpeddled saying he sent it to a customer after he cerakoted parts, and he was told that was the "finished" product. I'm not sure how many Punisher lowers are finished in patriot brown with FDE accents, but it seemed an unlikely excuse.
That seems to be getting more and more common. I had a friend that does wildlife photography as a hobby, and she had one of her pics show up on Bass Pro's website with someone else's watermark on it. :vmad:

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:48 am

Yeah, I thought that was your pistol undead. :lol: I thought they had your permission.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

UndeadInfidel

Post by UndeadInfidel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:00 am

Gingerbread Man wrote:Yeah, I thought that was your pistol undead. :lol: I thought they had your permission.
I probably wouldn't have made a deal of it if he wasn't lying to his customers saying he had built and coated it. Other than that, I've had cars that have been used in marketing sites, and I've found its usually easier to be flattered someone likes it enough to do that.

Also, I walked into my room last night to find a surprise there. This is my early birthday gift from the woman:

Something tells me I'll have to make up for this later. heh

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:48 am

That's a good woman you've got there..............does she have a sister? :lol:

northernxposure

Post by northernxposure » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:59 pm

UndeadInfidel wrote:Also, I walked into my room last night to find a surprise there. This is my early birthday gift from the woman:
Shield 9mm
In before picture ends up on random Tier 1 Operator Supply website...

NXP :clownshoes:

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 pm

northernxposure wrote:
UndeadInfidel wrote:Also, I walked into my room last night to find a surprise there. This is my early birthday gift from the woman:
Shield 9mm
In before picture ends up on random Tier 1 Operator Supply website...

NXP :clownshoes:

Actually it will be on a counter top site :lol: 8-)
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Since it's looking like my AK purchase might be put on hold for the moment, I'll be buying a Ruger 10/22 in the meantime to satisfy my new gun cravings.

Now I just have to decide if I want the stainless model or the blued model the local Wal-Mart has.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Get a takedown turkey

Also, I think I found a red dot for my mp-1522 that won't break the bank (185 optics planet, but won't use them again!)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... hd7-sight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A little internet looky and they seem more than fine for a 22lr. Probably a decent bottom budget option on an AR. Somedood broke one on a 308 on barf.com and the owner replied in like 2 posts to get it shipped in and looked at (not designed for 308...)
Team Beards&Irons 2013

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:38 pm

TheLastOne wrote:Get a takedown turkey

Also, I think I found a red dot for my mp-1522 that won't break the bank (185 optics planet, but won't use them again!)

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... hd7-sight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A little internet looky and they seem more than fine for a 22lr. Probably a decent bottom budget option on an AR. Somedood broke one on a 308 on barf.com and the owner replied in like 2 posts to get it shipped in and looked at (not designed for 308...)
There's a thread around here where the company sent one to Jeriah to test out......Beware, IIRC, there's pictures of him in his mankini doing water tests with the sight in his shower. :ooh:

ETA: Found it. The thread is from 2011 though.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=75610
Last edited by RickOShea on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm

I thought about getting the TD, but the regular models I'm looking at are at least 300 bucks cheaper than the TD.

I'm spending most of my available funds trying to get my truck fixed and I'll have just enough left to get the regular 10/22. That's not saying that I won't get a TD sometime in the future, but for now I'm getting the standard 10/22.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:44 pm

TheLastOne wrote:Get a takedown turkey

When I had my 15-22, I went and bought an NCStar that was close enough to the EOtech I had on my DD. All I used the 15-22 for was cheap training and plinking, and it held up enough as long as I didn't try to Dave it. Spent maybe $50 on the thing.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

UndeadInfidel

Post by UndeadInfidel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Maverick299 wrote:That's a good woman you've got there..............does she have a sister? :lol:
Yep, but she's with some dude who's never shot a gun in his life.

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Taking a 10 hours pistol class tomorrow. I am interested to see what the professionals have to say about my technique and I am wondering how much they are going to try and change! :ohdear:

I have stupid short hobbit thumbs so I have trained myself on HK's with the ambi paddle mag release to dump the mag with my trigger finger while doing a mag change. That will probably have them scratching their heads. :crazy:

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:45 pm

That's how I do it on HKs and Walthers . Thought that is how you are 'supposed" to do it by design .
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

raxar

Post by raxar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:26 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I thought about getting the TD, but the regular models I'm looking at are at least 300 bucks cheaper than the TD.

How damn much are the takedowns in you AO? Around here new price is $319 in all the local shops
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Rick, hm I remember that thread but didn't recall it was the same optic. I'll reread it, thanks!

Doc: I tried some crap red dot from Walmart that was such shit that I didn't even get it on the rifle after looking through it :| Turned me off enough to spend a bit more. My 22 is all fun too and frankly I'm really good with the irons on it somehow too. I'll look up ncstar stuff though, thanks! // 'glass' was so gawd awful, dot as big as a dime

Chimp, cabelas flier for the store that just opened here had takedowns for $319 I believe. /era nothing wrong with a standard either. They have some unique dealer exclusive type ones if you poke around.
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:46 pm

TheLastOne wrote: Doc: I tried some crap red dot from Walmart that was such shit that I didn't even get it on the rifle after looking through it :| Turned me off enough to spend a bit more. My 22 is all fun too and frankly I'm really good with the irons on it somehow too. I'll look up ncstar stuff though, thanks! // 'glass' was so gawd awful, dot as big as a dime
NCStar optics are basically shit, but ya can't beat the warranty. Just don't put them on a centerfire.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

raxar wrote:
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I thought about getting the TD, but the regular models I'm looking at are at least 300 bucks cheaper than the TD.

How damn much are the takedowns in you AO? Around here new price is $319 in all the local shops
The last one I saw was 450-ish after taxes and it was on sale. Friggin' overpriced pawn shop.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”