Firearms Chat.....Sans catchy title

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Firearms Chat.....Sans catchy title

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm really hoping that AKFTW's issue with his M10 AK is just an isolated thing otherwise I may have to rethink my purchase of one.

If nothing else, I inspect the hell out of the gun before taking possession of it and if anything is wrong or out of spec, I send it back until they send me one with zero problems.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:08 pm

I like the tapco a2 hider on mine. It's a piece of metal. $14. Why spend more on the krebs?
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
chills1994 wrote:This next video is NSFW because of language. It is police chief Mark Kessler, apologizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQakPtOQ ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He pulls out a full auto Krink, a full auto AR with beta mag, and then a Glock 18.

Since I am from Illinois, I am a little confused about NFA stuff. Does that mean the Krink was made before 1986? And the AR, I guess, could have a Registered Drop In Auto Sear (RDIAS) made before 1986???
Police get special letters for new manufacture stuff.
So, the guns belong to the department?

Guns are icky!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 pm

chills1994 wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
chills1994 wrote:This next video is NSFW because of language. It is police chief Mark Kessler, apologizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQakPtOQ ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He pulls out a full auto Krink, a full auto AR with beta mag, and then a Glock 18.

Since I am from Illinois, I am a little confused about NFA stuff. Does that mean the Krink was made before 1986? And the AR, I guess, could have a Registered Drop In Auto Sear (RDIAS) made before 1986???
Police get special letters for new manufacture stuff.
So, the guns belong to the department?
I think that's the deal, Chills.

If my accountant friend wasn't dead, I'd ask him since he did a lot of work with the local PD and knew a lot about NFA type stuff.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:55 pm

AKFTW wrote: I think I'm going to give the Krebs A2 a try.
:rofl:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:19 pm

RickOShea wrote:
AKFTW wrote: I think I'm going to give the Krebs A2 a try.
:rofl:
I think it was you who ditched the Nightbrake for the Krebs, I figured I would try it too :lol:
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:20 am

I'm in for a late night, tonight:

Weims are born with "racing stripes". Future birddogs!

EDIT: sorry, no golden easel to announce their births.

Guns are icky!

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:04 am

Wow! I'm whooped!

Looks like two silvers and 2 "grays" and one blue:

Late night TV really sucks. Think I am going to pop in some DVD's. Maybe Boondock Saints will keep me up.

Guns are icky!

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:25 am

Regular chat is that way -> 8-).

Nice puppehs though.

Anybody in here own a .50?
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

raxar

Post by raxar » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:39 am

jaowens76 wrote:I picked up a 4 pack of surplus mags through classic recently. 2 appeared to be fresh out of the wrapper and 2 were used but only lightly scuffed. After shooting them I realized they were Yugo mags since my bolt locked back on the last round. Are Yugo's slightly thicker/wider/longer? I had much more difficulty reloading with these. The old mag sucked to drop and the new one seemed to be ever so slightly tighter. If so it looks like I need to A. only keep non yugo surplus mags on hand or B. widen the "magwell".
there are a lot of variations when it comes to AK's, mag fit issues aren't that uncommon, especially if you have a wasr.

are the mags tight because they're rubbing on the sides or is it an issue with the locking lugs?
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

eeb

Post by eeb » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:45 am

Bird dogs are shotgun accessories : lol :

I've got a CVA muzzleloader in .50. Cheap fun, though a little labor intensive :)
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:55 am

Played with the Deuce and a Barrett in the Corps, and we had an M82 and an M99 when I was a lad. Whaddya wanna know?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

jaowens76
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by jaowens76 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:19 am

raxar wrote:
jaowens76 wrote:I picked up a 4 pack of surplus mags through classic recently. 2 appeared to be fresh out of the wrapper and 2 were used but only lightly scuffed. After shooting them I realized they were Yugo mags since my bolt locked back on the last round. Are Yugo's slightly thicker/wider/longer? I had much more difficulty reloading with these. The old mag sucked to drop and the new one seemed to be ever so slightly tighter. If so it looks like I need to A. only keep non yugo surplus mags on hand or B. widen the "magwell".
there are a lot of variations when it comes to AK's, mag fit issues aren't that uncommon, especially if you have a wasr.

are the mags tight because they're rubbing on the sides or is it an issue with the locking lugs?
Feels more like the lugs or front to back tightness. The yugos also are much harder to rock into place without getting hung.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Spd164

Post by Spd164 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:53 am

Ten Eight wrote:Regular chat is that way -> 8-).

Nice puppehs though.

Anybody in here own a .50?

I spent a lot of time with Ma Deuce if that helps. My night turn Lieutenant at work owns an M99 if you want me to run some questions past him...

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:02 am

Someone will call the pic "political". Just turn them around and repost.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:11 am

I wondered about that, but there's nothing political about it.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 am

Greetings all!

Anyone know of any really cool gun stores in or around Portland? Since I'm up here visiting friends, I thought it might be fun to visit a gun store here in the US instead of what we have in the People's Republic of California...

Thanks!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

chills1994

Post by chills1994 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 am

I am whooped. Looks like she finished up at 11, 7 silver, 4 are gray or blue.

Guns are icky!

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:48 am

Ten Eight wrote:Anybody in here own a .50?
Since you didn't specify cartridges, does .500 S&W count? I have a couple of barrels in this caliber for my Thompson/Contender.
It can always get worse.

raxar

Post by raxar » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

jaowens76 wrote:
Feels more like the lugs or front to back tightness. The yugos also are much harder to rock into place without getting hung.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
that's an easy enough problem to fix, either grind a little bit off of the REAR lug on the mags or take a bit off of your mag latch.

I'd recommend doing the mag latch, since you'll only have to do it once, and in case you screw up spare latches are much cheaper then new mags.
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:00 pm

A few years back I sold all of my handguns and bought a pair of Gen3 Glock 19s . I am very fond of them and shoot them well . I chose them as they have that perfect blend of size/firepower .

The other day I was playing around with a friend's new G22 and I was amazed at how much better a full size Glock fit my hand (it has been quite some time since I shot a full size ) . Of course , now I want one .

Sadly , picking up a new pistol is just not possible for me , but it did get my wheels turning and I am considering trading one or both of my G19s for G17s .

Crazy , I know . Thoughts ?
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

Whiskey
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series
Land of the Dead
28 Days/Weeks Later
Zombieland

Post by Whiskey » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:14 pm

I did the same. I had two 19s. I managed to trade my used 19 for a brand new gen 4 17. Best trade ever.

I wouldn't trade both. Having the 19 is great for those days that you need a little more concealment/comfort. I could really tell the difference between the two IWB in my Crossbreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
ZSC:034 Kansas City
Fightin' 34th "Guardians of the Frontier!"

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:20 pm

The nice thing about Glock 9mm's is that every range has a handful of them to rent. Try one out before you trade in the single most recommended gun on ZS for its slightly larger twin. I agree with Whiskey, though, "both" is also an excellent idea since you own and like the model.

If I had to do it again, I think I might go for a G19 instead of a G17. Not because they're the most recommended gun, but because I think it's just a better size for what you want a handgun to be. If I caught a trade-in for a reasonable price, I'd probably jump on it.

Mine is a 17L, but I was actually thinking about the grip and overall size as opposed to just the slide length. When I'm feeling blue and need a tactical pick-me-up, so I put on my mall ninja outfit and pose in front of the mirror messing with my web gear, the grip of my G17 feels like it could be half an inch shorter on the belt holster.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:03 pm

mk_ultra wrote:A few years back I sold all of my handguns and bought a pair of Gen3 Glock 19s . I am very fond of them and shoot them well . I chose them as they have that perfect blend of size/firepower .

The other day I was playing around with a friend's new G22 and I was amazed at how much better a full size Glock fit my hand (it has been quite some time since I shot a full size ) . Of course , now I want one .

Sadly , picking up a new pistol is just not possible for me , but it did get my wheels turning and I am considering trading one or both of my G19s for G17s .

Crazy , I know . Thoughts ?
I know exactly what you mean. I like my G19, but I love my G35. It just feels right.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”