Firearms CHAT, the whateverth

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Firearms CHAT, the whateverth

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Well that changes things. I was thinking you were looking for something like a pistol or shotgun optic.
I picked up a second hand Leupold Delta Point with the 7.5MOA triangle for pistol use. I got it for $50 more than a Burris FFIII. I'm not really sure I'm sold on optics on pistols but I'm going to try it on a Glock 17.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:20 pm

RG, make sure you register that Loopy for the warranty, from a few things I have read on my research there is a life span of 5000-10000 rounds for a pistol mounted RDS. I talked to trijicon’s CS and they cover replacement if one of their sights shit the bed on you, I would think Loopy would do the same.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 pm

gravediggerfour wrote:RG, make sure you register that Loopy for the warranty, from a few things I have read on my research there is a life span of 5000-10000 rounds for a pistol mounted RDS. I talked to trijicon’s CS and they cover replacement if one of their sights shit the bed on you, I would think Loopy would do the same.
Cool. Yeah, I've returned 2 loopy Scopes while I've chipped or scratched lens and they repaired them for free. I've read some Delta points shit the bed quick but with a 100% lifetime warranty, I'll try it.
Rick, nope, no Co witness with hk91s. This one is a rail mount then I'm going to attach it with a low Arms mount. Should be low enough.

And why are they making 300 black out specific magazines?
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 056%7C1482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For $30. :gonk:
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Regular Guy wrote:
gravediggerfour wrote:RG, make sure you register that Loopy for the warranty, from a few things I have read on my research there is a life span of 5000-10000 rounds for a pistol mounted RDS. I talked to trijicon’s CS and they cover replacement if one of their sights shit the bed on you, I would think Loopy would do the same.
Cool. Yeah, I've returned 2 loopy Scopes while I've chipped or scratched lens and they repaired them for free. I've read some Delta points shit the bed quick but with a 100% lifetime warranty, I'll try it.
Rick, nope, no Co witness with hk91s. This one is a rail mount then I'm going to attach it with a low Arms mount. Should be low enough.

And why are they making 300 black out specific magazines?
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 056%7C1482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For $30. :gonk:
For legislatures that don't allow military-caliber arms, I'd guess. Or for the guys who will pay to have their mags say ".300 AAC BLK" or whatever.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm

I could see it as an export kind of thing for countries where having military caliber guns is either not happening or are restricted.

Like Mexico or Italy.

As for opinions on the Rossi Rio Grande, I should look for a Marlin 1895 SBL instead of the Rossi ?

Aside from the whole "Rossi is made by Taurus" deal, is there any other reason why I shouldn't get this gun ?

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Because that stainless/blueish wood Marlin is gorgeous. I kind of want to get one just to test optics on...
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

lowjohn19

Post by lowjohn19 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Image

Because that stainless/blueish wood Marlin is gorgeous. I kind of want to get one just to test optics on...
That is purty.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Image

Good point, Doc.

Screw it, I'll get the Marlin instead. Assuming Marlin has gotten their QC back to their old standards by then.

If not, I'll look for an older CT made model at a pawn shop. Although, the last Marlin 336 looked pretty well made.

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:44 pm

I want one more ok 2 more lever guns. a 16 inch walnut and blued steel .357 mag with a semi pistol grip not straight stock. The other is well a grizzly customs type. Black and grey/silver laminated wood stock semi pistol grip. black parkatized SS metal parts ,16 barrel ,night sights,large loop. Chambered in S&W.500 mag. Railed receiver for a scope and maybe black leather side saddle for a few rounds of ammo. An Ares husky sling on it too.
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Speaking of which, did they ever release the .500 S&W Magnum lever gun that was shown at SHOT Show 2011 ?

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Did not know they had one at the shot show. That's just something i thunked up my self. Guess i'm not creative enough to be in the R&D.
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah, some small company showed off a .500 S&W Magnum lever gun, but I haven't seen anything on it since whatever SHOT Show it was in.

Probably was a one off custom they were showing anyway.

Braxton
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Post by Braxton » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Daaaaaaaaaym.

I am gonna end up with one of those.
Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 am

Braxton wrote: Daaaaaaaaaym.

I am gonna end up with one of those.
That was pretty sharp. I do love me some bullpup, I just can't fathom why they cost so damn much.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 am

Boom

Co magpul order confirmed, going to milcopp, life is good.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 am

Got 1000 rounds of competition 9mm coming from DC Ammo (DC being the owner's initials; they're located in Iowa)...my personal ammo situation is improving...
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

Vicarious_Lee
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

TheLastOne wrote:Boom

Co magpul order confirmed, going to milcopp, life is good.
:cry:

Maybe next year. I want this class. Oh well, I need to get in better shape, practice more with my AR, and actually get my Glock set up and get proficient with it before I show up anyway.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Finally got my 870 in good shape. Need to swap out that light for a 200 lumen WML once I sell my new G2X and L&M shotgun mount that won't work on this gun due to the huge ass sling mount on the tube extension.

docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 pm

OM dropped by this past weekend and perused some of my collection. I think he was most infatuated with my S&W 469 and Win Model 70 in .223.

It damn near took me an hour to get the drool off of them. Thanks for the visit OM.

As a side note: No PBRs were consumed. Intervention, complete.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

northernxposure

Post by northernxposure » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 pm

AKFTW wrote:Finally got my 870 in good shape. Need to swap out that light for a 200 lumen WML once I sell my new G2X and L&M shotgun mount that won't work on this gun due to the huge ass sling mount on the tube extension.
Hogue stock with the Magpul grip? I like it.

Extension tube past the barrel, though.... :clownshoes:

NXP

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 pm

northernxposure wrote:
AKFTW wrote:Finally got my 870 in good shape. Need to swap out that light for a 200 lumen WML once I sell my new G2X and L&M shotgun mount that won't work on this gun due to the huge ass sling mount on the tube extension.
Hogue stock with the Magpul grip? I like it.

Extension tube past the barrel, though.... :clownshoes:

NXP
Glad you like it! Seems like a comfortable combination that will allow me to mount a light and get the right length of pull without doing some hacksaw job on a stock.

As far as the extension tube, in an already low capacity weapon I think having the tube extend an inch or two beyond the barrel is worth it for an extra round- especially for a 3-gun shotty which is the primary use for this gun. That extra shot could make a difference. It's lighter than a 20" barrel would be with the same capacity, anyway. This thing now will hold 8+1 rounds- which is pretty impressive for a pump gun- and the max capacity for limited division.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:57 pm

I went with the GG&G QD sling mount on mine, it stays out of the way:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/555395 ... teel-matte

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm using the GG&G sling adapter as well and it's tits.

Just drill and thread yourself a QD point on the stock (or get a Magpul stock), and you can run the same 2-point sling rig that you have on your AR/AK.

AKFTW

Post by AKFTW » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:25 pm

UndeadInfidel wrote:I'm using the GG&G sling adapter as well and it's tits.

Just drill and thread yourself a QD point on the stock (or get a Magpul stock), and you can run the same 2-point sling rig that you have on your AR/AK.
I guess I'll just get some extra long zip ties then and have the sling come off the bottom just past the pistol grip- since that's where I run my AK slings. Main thing is I don't want to be choking myself out every time I move the gun over to my left shoulder and have it slung.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”