Firearms CHAT, the whateverth

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Firearms CHAT, the whateverth

Post by TheLastOne » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Once a month instead of every two weeks.
Every other time for 556 (22lr the other) instead of every time
Reduction of 9mm to 100 rds instead of 200-250 :vmad:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

desert fox

Post by desert fox » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 pm

beemer = motorcycle

bimmer = car

pronounced the same

this was taught to me in bmw factory training and Ive heard it other places
One mans trash, is another mans come up.

http://www.zazzle.com/gunowner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/AndIAmAGunOwner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mormon.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:47 pm

desert fox wrote:beemer = motorcycle

bimmer = car

pronounced the same

this was taught to me in bmw factory training and Ive heard it other places
This debate has raged plenty of places and has never been solved. The fact of the matter is that no mater who is right, the fact that people are wont to argue about the correct pronunciation of an acronym is just another indication that those people are assholes. BMW is pronounced "Fuckin' asshole" in Florida, since the cars seem to have a factory malfunction that makes the turn signals not work, the gas stick, and the brakes very touchy. Thankfully the drivers have developed a hand-signal for "I'm sorry sir, please excuse my driving." Shame, since they're some nice cars.

In other news, ATF inspector called recently. I could be as little as sixty days from being able to hand out business cards. I could use suggestions.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:This debate has raged plenty of places and has never been solved.
I've never actually known anyone to contradict fox's spec on the matter. It's really only different in spelling, and if someone writes it incorrectly, and someone who knows notices, it's normally a non-issue to mention the distinction. I honestly don't know any other Beemer riders, but I could probably venture a guess that they're a proud bunch. I make it a point not to boast about my bike, but I love riding as most riders do so it's not difficult for strangers to talk to me about it. Also, the BMW is only one in a garage full of cheap, old, awesome Hondas. :awesome:

Bimmer drivers, I also haven't met, and in my time on the road, I'd have to agree that I wouldn't care to meet them, either. Shame, because they really are cars designed for people who like to drive. I actually had an incredible time flying down the Parkway with a fellow rider and a young guy in an old, tuned Z (and I wasn't sporting any indication for him to know my affiliation with Nissan).

It is totally true that the distinction in spelling is precisely as ridiculous as people who think they're better than someone else solely due to which car they drive.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:This debate has raged plenty of places and has never been solved. The fact of the matter is that no mater who is right, the fact that people are wont to argue about the correct pronunciation of an acronym is just another indication that those people are assholes. BMW is pronounced "Fuckin' asshole" in Florida, since the cars seem to have a factory malfunction that makes the turn signals not work, the gas stick, and the brakes very touchy. Thankfully the drivers have developed a hand-signal for "I'm sorry sir, please excuse my driving." Shame, since they're some nice cars.

In other news, ATF inspector called recently. I could be as little as sixty days from being able to hand out business cards. I could use suggestions.
I haven't had the same experience. The worst drivers are in VWs.

Typically, the shittiest car on the road always has the right-of-way.

"Clip" gets on my nerves but I don't go out of my way to correct anyone unless I know them, and am just giving them shit.

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:39 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:In other news, ATF inspector called recently. I could be as little as sixty days from being able to hand out business cards. I could use suggestions.
I don't know, but you need two types of business cards. One all professional, and one type containing some form of sexual innuendo.
Off the internet until further notice.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 am

Krustofski wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:In other news, ATF inspector called recently. I could be as little as sixty days from being able to hand out business cards. I could use suggestions.
I don't know, but you need two types of business cards. One all professional, and one type containing some form of sexual innuendo.
I was thinking

Dr. Fabulous, Ph.D.
Arms Dealer, Man of Mystery, Interior Decorator

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:In other news, ATF inspector called recently. I could be as little as sixty days from being able to hand out business cards.
Congrats!
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:I could use suggestions.
For cards/marketing, or business in general?

My free advice: For marketing at least I suggest that you spend some actual cash on a logo/profile. There are many out there using stuff they've thrown together themselves, and it shows. With a cool logo you'll rise above the crowd.

Another suggestion is that you get some nice decals made, and hand them out to customers like the bigger companies do. I've got a line on a guy in the US that cut vinyl stickers as a side business. They're good quality (I've had some on my car for a year now) and cheap. Just let me know if your interested.
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:51 am

I actually have a friend who does vinyls. Used to be in a car club together.

I'm doing a small business. I'll honestly be surprised if I make much more than a grand in the first year. Mostly I want to do transfers, sell ammo, and occasionally flip/rebuild some guns. Minor gunsmithing here and there. It's mostly to give me a hobby and a way to help ease the cost of being a college student.

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:00 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:I actually have a friend who does vinyls. Used to be in a car club together.

I'm doing a small business. I'll honestly be surprised if I make much more than a grand in the first year. Mostly I want to do transfers, sell ammo, and occasionally flip/rebuild some guns. Minor gunsmithing here and there. It's mostly to give me a hobby and a way to help ease the cost of being a college student.
OK.
My suggestion on actually spending some resources on a logo/profile still stands though. It will help you rise above the crowd.
Thomas

RIP hk33k

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:03 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Krustofski wrote:
I was thinking

Dr. Fabulous, Ph.D.
Dude. The Doctor goes before OR after the name. Never both. That's a major academic faux pas.

But I like "Interior Decorator".

Doctorr Fabulous, LCpl (USMC, Ret.)
Not A Real Doctor
Interior Design | Gunsmithing | Class III Arms Dealer
Genuine Nice Guy

:crazy:
Off the internet until further notice.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 am

More likely

Firstname "Doc" Lastname
Doc's Guns and Ammo
Veteran (USMC) and Arms Dealer
$20 Transfers

In other news...I think I'm getting promoted. Seriously.

colinz

Post by colinz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:51 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Krustofski wrote:
I was thinking

Dr. Fabulous, Ph.D.
:lol:

Im sure you can do it Mr!

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 am

Looks like someone has taken a tier one tactical operator-trainer Youtube webclass or something. At least his handling is better than some :D

Thomas

RIP hk33k

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:29 am

Makarov wrote:Looks like someone has taken a tier one tactical operator-trainer Youtube webclass or something. At least his handling is better than some :D

I'll confess, I actually was over there teaching him. That technique is one I call "Grab face, Shoot in dick" manuever.

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:06 am

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... chrf-yff19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:24 am

Ok thought I would share this with everyone.

I for one support this. I know a couple of single mothers (Wife's freinds) that live in not so nice neighborhoods in Tucson and they would love to have a gun for protection but can't afford one.

Edited to add yes they are shotguns and yes the article mistates the common myth that they do not need to be aimed. I blame the media for that. However I do like that training is included with the firearm.

As for the Magazine/clip debate. Remember this is firearms chat not gun chat.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03 ... ogram?lite
Regulators mount up.

Vicarious_Lee
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:16 pm

zobmiedown wrote:Ok thought I would share this with everyone.

I for one support this. I know a couple of single mothers (Wife's freinds) that live in not so nice neighborhoods in Tucson and they would love to have a gun for protection but can't afford one.

Edited to add yes they are shotguns and yes the article mistates the common myth that they do not need to be aimed. I blame the media for that. However I do like that training is included with the firearm.

As for the Magazine/clip debate. Remember this is firearms chat not gun chat.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03 ... ogram?lite
Problem with a long gun for HD with kids is securing it well enough they can't get to it, but being able to get to it fast enough if you need it. Last time I advised a single mom of 3 on firearms I suggested a 9MM semiauto and a GunVault. Her 11-year-old was insistent that the 500 S&W Magnum with 10" barrel was the best choice. :awesome:
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

zobmiedown

Post by zobmiedown » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:54 pm

There is also the maunvering in hallways. However a free shotfun is better than no gun in some of those neighborhoods. I'm all for arming women and empowering them. One of the pistol companies would do well to offer discounts to single mothers in high crime areas.
Regulators mount up.

raxar

Post by raxar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Makarov wrote: Image

"So I was like "Bitch, you better get your hands off my bag of fritos". Then she was all "uh-uh, you ain't no supreme leader all up in here"
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote: In other news, ATF inspector called recently. I could be as little as sixty days from being able to hand out business cards. I could use suggestions.
That's pretty awesome. How long has the whole process taken thus far?

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: In other news, ATF inspector called recently. I could be as little as sixty days from being able to hand out business cards. I could use suggestions.
That's pretty awesome. How long has the whole process taken thus far?
Two months since I started the paperwork, one month since I sent it in. If I ever get a hold of the guy, it should be sixty days after our interview that I get mein papers.

I might celebratorially burn a Mosin Nagant.

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Makarov wrote: Image
"Talk to the hand."
Turns to other 2.
"Which of you 2 do I shoot for inviting this idiot?"
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:52 pm

I can has 22 can. Yes.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”