firearm accessories that you want that are not on the market

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

vegasguy

Re: firearm accessories that you want that are not on the ma

Post by vegasguy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 pm

doc savage wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:I have to agree, pump action AR uppers would be cool. If someone does do a long-action upper for short-action ARs, they could use the Safety Harbor route and put the mags out the side.
someone already makes a pump action AR15 for California buyers. the slide bar goes through the upper receiver where the gas tube would normally be...pushes the gas key.

someone already makes an AR in .30-06 as well ( like a giant stretched .308 AR receiver, dedicated lower). I want to see them make one in 8mm mauser or 7.62x54r, to take advantage of the cheap surplus ammo.
How much would you spend on it?

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 pm

I wouldn't spend 10 cents on a pump AR....but the $3500 price tag on the .30-06 AR.....maybe....that's like a garand on steroids minus the BAR weight. id spend that kind of money for the other calibers.... 8mm in particular, cause I stocked deep when it was $8 a bandolier.

vawilderness
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Zombieland, The Crazies, The Walking Dead, The Plague of the Zombies, Dead Snow, Planet Terror, White Zombie, Land of the Dead, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie... to name a few.

Post by vawilderness » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Ok... Here's another one. I'd like to see an Otis type cleaning kit pouch for the triangular UBR stock. Maybe there is one out there or maybe I can cut one out of foam. Just a thought though.
If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm

doc savage wrote:I wouldn't spend 10 cents on a pump AR....but the $3500 price tag on the .30-06 AR.....maybe....that's like a garand on steroids minus the BAR weight. id spend that kind of money for the other calibers.... 8mm in particular, cause I stocked deep when it was $8 a bandolier.
Yeah...I could see a .30-06 or a .270 AR being a lot of fun. Of course, now it's only a matter of time before somebody wants a 7.62x54r AR.

Time's up. :mrgreen:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

400 Grains

Post by 400 Grains » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 pm

MasterMaker wrote:aimpoint making a 1-4 variable .
I'd be happy with a 1-3 variable in a tube not much bigger than the Comp M4.

chrispy

Post by chrispy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:47 am

Remington 7615 in 300 blackout or 7.62 x 39 Russian

400 Grains

Post by 400 Grains » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 am

chrispy wrote:Remington 7615 in 300 blackout or 7.62 x 39 Russian
That might not be that hard to put together.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:01 am

400 Grains wrote:
chrispy wrote:Remington 7615 in 300 blackout or 7.62 x 39 Russian
That might not be that hard to put together.
.300BO, you -SHOULD- only need to do the barrel, since that's a slide action gun. Don't quote me though.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

vegasguy

Post by vegasguy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:15 am

what else? what else would you like? what kind of weapons and ammo, accessories do you guys want? and is not being made?

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 am

Glock factory pistols with slide cuts for RDO.

More calibers for the mini mauser action like 300 blackout and 6.5 grendel. With threaded barrel and quality full length top rails.

Sub sonic 6.5 loads for above rifle.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

LivelyToaster
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by LivelyToaster » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
westside01 wrote:A cheap and easily replaceable clear lens for my Surefire X300, which gets burnt on powder residue after about 200 rounds, blacking out the lens. It takes way too long to clean it off, and if you use a solvent it deteriorates the rubber O-ring.
Have you tried using a pencil eraser after shooting?
Carmax works decent too. Takes a little away from the lumen power and hurts the clarity slightly, but it works real well in real light doses then cleans right off. Probably wouldn't use it in any "tactical" application but for training it keeps the lens clean.

As for stuff that isn't made...
A striker fired 1911 (Incoming purist rage) would be cool. Sure single action is just as near no nonsense as striker fired, but glocks, M&P's, XD's, ext... All have less parts. Less shit to break.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:53 pm

LivelyToaster wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
westside01 wrote:A cheap and easily replaceable clear lens for my Surefire X300, which gets burnt on powder residue after about 200 rounds, blacking out the lens. It takes way too long to clean it off, and if you use a solvent it deteriorates the rubber O-ring.
Have you tried using a pencil eraser after shooting?
Carmax works decent too. Takes a little away from the lumen power and hurts the clarity slightly, but it works real well in real light doses then cleans right off. Probably wouldn't use it in any "tactical" application but for training it keeps the lens clean.

As for stuff that isn't made...
A striker fired 1911 (Incoming purist rage) would be cool. Sure single action is just as near no nonsense as striker fired, but glocks, M&P's, XD's, ext... All have less parts. Less shit to break.
I'm not sure what you want here. Going striker fired means you don't have a hammer, which means just about the entire 1911 design would get thrown out. IF you want a 1911 look alike, get the Chiappa (or ne of the other) rimfire 1911-look alikes and call it a day.

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 pm

If it had a metal trigger and a proper(tuneable) 1911 trigger pull then a striker fired 1911 would be interesting, the hammer is something that can be grabbed and blocked in a scuffle(have heard of a few cases where cop's/good guys did just that, if they can do it so can someone else)..............
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

Identity Thief

Post by Identity Thief » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:20 pm

A modern and well designed .410 walking stick. Designed to look like a gentlemen's cane - functional safety and a trigger that doesn't obviously stick out.... And here is the kicker - easy to reload with space in the handle for more and easily accessible rounds.

Something that if House MD came back - no one would know its a gun.

That's what I want that isn't being made or available.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
--John F. Kennedy

beheadtheundead

Post by beheadtheundead » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:10 pm

A recoil simulator for my XDM so I can have recoil while I dry fire practice.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Identity Thief wrote:A modern and well designed .410 walking stick. Designed to look like a gentlemen's cane - functional safety and a trigger that doesn't obviously stick out.... And here is the kicker - easy to reload with space in the handle for more and easily accessible rounds.

There's a reason. They are AoWs (any gun that looks like it's not a gun is) and there's a $200 manufacture tax and $5 transfer tax+wait time. Factoring in the length, recoil, and propensity for something bad to happen, caneguns lose out to a proper CCW piece with a well practiced draw. That, and AoWs require special paperwork be filed if you move, want to take it out of state, and certain legislatures may prevent their carry, in addition to having to have the tax stamp (or a copy) with it any time it goes with you.

They are kinda neat novelty pieces, but a plain old cane backed by a concealed handgun wins in the defense department.

OT: a way for me to practice Glcok trigger pulls without having to recock it every time, that doesn't cost $100 or more.

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Identity Thief wrote:A modern and well designed .410 walking stick. Designed to look like a gentlemen's cane - functional safety and a trigger that doesn't obviously stick out.... And here is the kicker - easy to reload with space in the handle for more and easily accessible rounds.

OT: a way for me to practice Glcok trigger pulls without having to recock it every time, that doesn't cost $100 or more.
I hear you. I wish that Sirt training pistol wasn't so expensive.

I want a Glock 9 single stack, and a Glock rail camera the size of a TLR3 that auto turns on and records clear audio and 720p POV video when I draw. The current ones are physically too big.

I want to be issued the 25 ft Taser Swat cartridges instead of the bullshit ones, which I think are 10-15 feet. Or just the same type non lethal device without wires, like a nausea laser or something.

10mm tracer rounds, 10mm AR upper. Glock factory 25-30 round 10mm magazine.
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:

There's a reason. They are AoWs (any gun that looks like it's not a gun is) and there's a $200 manufacture tax and $5 transfer tax+wait time. Factoring in the length, recoil, and propensity for something bad to happen, caneguns lose out to a proper CCW piece with a well practiced draw. That, and AoWs require special paperwork be filed if you move, want to take it out of state, and certain legislatures may prevent their carry, in addition to having to have the tax stamp (or a copy) with it any time it goes with you.

They are kinda neat novelty pieces, but a plain old cane backed by a concealed handgun wins in the defense department.

Mostly agree with what Doc. That said with enough work, ingenuity, an excellent metal and or woodworker, you could probably get a tube fed repeating cane put together.

Identity Thief

Post by Identity Thief » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 am

ultra magnus wrote:
Mostly agree with what Doc. That said with enough work, ingenuity, an excellent metal and or woodworker, you could probably get a tube fed repeating cane put together.
I want one. For the same reasons some people like Pepsi over Coke
- I want a cane gun in .410.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
--John F. Kennedy

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 am

Identity Thief wrote:
ultra magnus wrote:
I want one. For the same reasons some people like Pepsi over Coke
- I want a cane gun in .410.
Sure. Contact a manufacturer of AoWs and I'm sure it can be done. It will have to be a one-off because the market isn't there. Also try NFA listing websites, might find an old one.

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:54 am

An Aimpoint with an etched reticule(perhaps a central ring around the dot, or a chevron post with horizontal lines inside it) so that it still had some use without batteries, this is something I would pay top dollar for and that would sway many of the people that are "uneasy" about being dependent upon batteries, it is a simple thing that would genuinely earn Aimpoint more money...
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

ironraven

Post by ironraven » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:55 pm

The .410 walking stick has me thinking....

A pump action carbine, probably using a miniature Remington action, in .454, that will reliably feed .45 LC as well, and has a long enough bolt that even if they won't feed you can still single load .410 if you really want. Don't know why I want to, but I do. :lol:
"Even if it's only the handful of people I happen to meet on the street or in my home, I can still protect them with one sword."

When a man go no longer speak without malice intended lest he cause offense, that is when truth starts to die.

There are three kinds of man- Man the Toolmaker, Man the Tool User, and man the tool.

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 am

new made Colt hammerless pocket pistol in 9mm, with buttery edges.

a long slide, compensated desert eagle in .44 mag or 50 ae...just because it's already so big...add three inches to the front end and square it off. put a rail under the frame.

a Kriss carbine that takes 30 round, indestructible greasegun mags.

spyderco monkey
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by spyderco monkey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 pm

More Hogue ruberized stocks, specifically for Marlin lever guns and AK/Saigas.

Crimson Trace Lasergrips with a Green laser.

A bullpup that takes glock mags.

A lever action .45 ACP with a factory threaded barrel, and a loading gate specifically machined to allow a 1911 magazine to be pressend in and then you could thumb cartridges from the mag into the tube.

More PDW calibers on the civilian market.

An 8 shot .357 revolver with an underbarrel 20 gauge loaded with #1 buck and powdered magnesium.
“Few will understand me, but I write for the connoisseurs, trusting that they will not be offended by the confidence of my opinions.” Field Marshal Maurice Comte de Saxe, My Reveries, 1732

For honest, in-depth gear reviews, please visit:
http://www.good-kit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”