firearm accessories that you want that are not on the market

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: firearm accessories that you want that are not on the ma

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:56 am

westside01 wrote:A cheap and easily replaceable clear lens for my Surefire X300, which gets burnt on powder residue after about 200 rounds, blacking out the lens. It takes way too long to clean it off, and if you use a solvent it deteriorates the rubber O-ring.
Have you tried using a pencil eraser after shooting?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

westside01

Post by westside01 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:38 am

Now I remember, I want;
- an adapter that allows me to use a 20 round H&K G3 magazine on a Remington 700.
- 12 GA. double OO buck tracer ammunition.
- a 1.5-10 power ACOG scope
- a Glock 17 "conversion" slide with a 22lr barrel, and 40 round capacity magazine
- a better selection of tiered double AR magazine pouches, open top, in ranger green color
- just to name a few..

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
DannusMaximus wrote:Electronic ammo counter ala M41A pulse rifle, factory built into the lower receiver of an AR style rifle. For the lulz.
I want the M41A pulse rifle with the granade launcher. Might be possible if you buy a Thompson and the airsoft conversion kit.

Or do it like this site says.
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2009/1 ... om-aliens/

got the gun ( m1927a1 tommy gun pistol ), and am going to try out the M41 airsoft kit on it, sans stock....just to range gag everyone. but I want the real thing.

PsycoBob
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil series

Post by PsycoBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:10 pm

/Edit- Whups- this is what I get for not reading the next few pages. Commercial products already beat me to it.
DannusMaximus wrote:Electronic ammo counter ala M41A pulse rifle, factory built into the lower receiver of an AR style rifle. For the lulz.

This is feasible, especially as an addon for a red-dot sight with a tiny OLED display for HUD data. Reset counter tied to the mag release, rounds-per-mag selector on the sight. Accelerometer to count firings. For the really geeky, the 3d acceleration profile of loading a mag & racking the action might be unique enough to make this completely integrated for a very specific weapon build. Short of that, a tiny LED number display mounted behind the site on the rail can be done.

I've seen camera-integrated rifle scopes that continuously take pictures to RAM & only record the one from a fraction of a second before the accelerometer indicates the gun fired. Scope-view of your target & POA at the millisecond the firing pin fell.

With hobbyist 3d scanning & 3d printers that can accept Nylon 618, custom furniture for ANY rifle can be had.
Last edited by PsycoBob on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Y'all are over-thinkin' this......Just put RFID chips/tags in every boolit case, and mount a "reader" with a digital display on the gun. :crazy:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PsycoBob
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil series

Post by PsycoBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Ok, here's one.

AR-15's are insanely popular mostly because they're customizable by the end user with little tooling. Let's see more guns that're designed for massive modification.

A single receiver that can convert from lever to pump, tube-fed to box mag. Swap barrels, bolt face, mag-tube liner & spring to change caliber. Removable nylon liner & mag release parts to change magazines. Want semi-auto? HK-G3 style roller lock bolt & upper with matching barrel. One gun, everything from .22LR to .308win/30-06, .410 to 12 gauge.

Bigger, bulkier & heavier than any single-purpose receiver? Hell yes. An entire gun room in a single box? Kickass.

eazy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead,Dawn of the dead.28 days later,28 weeks later all n.o.t.l.d movies,Land of the dead and I'm sure there are more i can't remember right now.

Post by eazy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm

A 9mm luger barrel for my cz52
bonanacrom wrote:When I bite into a York Peppermint Pattie, I get the sensation of the life draining out of a man's body as I crush his windpipe, silencing forever his irritatingly cheerful banter, when all I wanted was to pay for my coffee and leave. Get the sensation.
TravisM.1 wrote:I'm not squeamish about much, but I don't fuck with poop.

ArmchairRacer

Post by ArmchairRacer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Thought of another one, a .45 acp PCC with a capacity of ~30 rounds that doesn't cost $1000 and weigh 8 lbs.

Sledgecrowbar
Favorite Zombie Movies: I actually had WWZ up here way, way before it was actually announced. That was a pretty tremendous let-down. Seriously, read the book, it is one of the best things I've ever read.

Post by Sledgecrowbar » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 pm

How about a PCC that uses a round, even if it's a brand new round, that works well in a 4 to 6" barrel, but benefits from a 16" barrel enough to make the PCC worth the trouble.

Or are 5.7x28 and other short rifle rounds really the only way to do that? If it is, I'd like to see a Sub2K-style 5.7 that uses the handgun mags, but without the Sub2k shit trigger/availability/etc. problems. The PS90, even if SBR'ed to P90 barrel length, is a jewel of clever solutions, but not as appealing as a more conventional gun for a quarter of the price would be to me.
Braxton wrote:Well my days of not taking ZS seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Brotherbadger wrote:
crypto wrote:No honest man needs to staple more than 10 pages.
Just get a two ring binder. It's perfect for close range paper holding, and it won't go through drywall. Not to mention the sound of you opening and closing it will make the paper automatically fall in line.

MasterMaker

Post by MasterMaker » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Marlin reintroducing the camp carbine(also in 40, 357sig, and 10mm), with cheap and replaceable polymer mag-wells that they will sub contract out to different manufacturers, making it a certainty that there will be a mag-well for virtually any pistol magazine available.
Whatever works!

Content before Form
Action before Intention
Intention before Appearance

Freedom as far as you can take it without it being a hindrance to the freedom of others and voluntarity trumps all other considerations

The Commander

Post by The Commander » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm

PsycoBob wrote:Ok, here's one.

AR-15's are insanely popular mostly because they're customizable by the end user with little tooling. Let's see more guns that're designed for massive modification.

A single receiver that can convert from lever to pump, tube-fed to box mag. Swap barrels, bolt face, mag-tube liner & spring to change caliber. Removable nylon liner & mag release parts to change magazines. Want semi-auto? HK-G3 style roller lock bolt & upper with matching barrel. One gun, everything from .22LR to .308win/30-06, .410 to 12 gauge.

Bigger, bulkier & heavier than any single-purpose receiver? Hell yes. An entire gun room in a single box? Kickass.
I love love love me some modularity!!! Even a simple .410/45 long Colt does it for me. Like the Glocks that swap frames/barrels for different calibers. I don't think there's much in the way of changing all the stuff you mentioned though. I love designing and believe me, I've thought of ways of creating things but they just cannot be manifested in 3D form.

vegasguy

Post by vegasguy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:07 am

what else guys? keep it coming!

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
I want the M41A pulse rifle with the granade launcher. Might be possible if you buy a Thompson and the airsoft conversion kit.

Or do it like this site says.
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2009/1 ... om-aliens/

Neat. I remember there are guys on Rimfire central who would get airsoft guns or kits like that and mod out a Ruger 10/22. Here is an example of a P90 conversion. I would love to have an Aliens 10/22 but I think the curved mag would throw it off.

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:01 am

Looks super tactical for a gun held together with cardboard and coat hanger.

vegasguy

Post by vegasguy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:56 am

7.62x54r wheel gun?

Jsimmonsgr

Post by Jsimmonsgr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 pm

eazy wrote:A 9mm luger barrel for my cz52
They make those, you just have to find them. :wink:
J.
Gunsmith

Phone 480-217-4742 ( Let me know you are from ZS, I get a LOT of telemarketing calls and might be a bit gruff when I answer.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead - Zack Snyder version
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm

A new Aimpoint model based on the T/H1 Micro models, but up-sized to a 26-30mm tube. It'd really be cool if the mounting screw portion was sized/shaped to fit existing Micro mounts. That way 1/3 co-witnessed BUIS wouldn't take up half the reticle real estate.

ZomCon Sargeant
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dead Snow, Fido, Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1989), Day of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Return of the living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ZomCon Sargeant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Crimsontrace Lasergrip for my IWI Baby Eagle II .40S&W Polymer Frame. Or for Internal Max to make a laser for it. I like using lasers for dryfiring practice.
"ZomCon: A better life through containment"

ironraven

Post by ironraven » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Lasergrip for my G-19 with a 1000mW, 632nm laser. You can see it day or night, and that sucker can light a match at three feet. Feel the burn? That's your warning shot.

.22LR conversion kit for my Glock that doesn't cost as much as a new .22 pistol and doesn't suck.

Singleshot bolt action AR upper in .308 or .30-06, or maybe even one with a two or three round internal magazine if someone can figure out how to make the volumes work.

Pump action 20ga upper for an AR. (12ga would be better, but it just wouldn't fit in the mag well no matter what you made the magazines from.)
"Even if it's only the handful of people I happen to meet on the street or in my home, I can still protect them with one sword."

When a man go no longer speak without malice intended lest he cause offense, that is when truth starts to die.

There are three kinds of man- Man the Toolmaker, Man the Tool User, and man the tool.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 am

I have to agree, pump action AR uppers would be cool. If someone does do a long-action upper for short-action ARs, they could use the Safety Harbor route and put the mags out the side.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

doc savage
Favorite Zombie Movies: no favorite yet.
does resident evil count? :)

Post by doc savage » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:I have to agree, pump action AR uppers would be cool. If someone does do a long-action upper for short-action ARs, they could use the Safety Harbor route and put the mags out the side.
someone already makes a pump action AR15 for California buyers. the slide bar goes through the upper receiver where the gas tube would normally be...pushes the gas key.

someone already makes an AR in .30-06 as well ( like a giant stretched .308 AR receiver, dedicated lower). I want to see them make one in 8mm mauser or 7.62x54r, to take advantage of the cheap surplus ammo.

ironraven

Post by ironraven » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:I have to agree, pump action AR uppers
Ah, but is it a shotgun? I know about the California special pumps, but I was thinking something with a little flexibility than .223, albeit with a loss of capacity and range. 12ga barely fits in the well, 20ga you could have a magazine.

Heck, I would also like an inline muzzle loader upper that uses 209 primers. (I know about the one that uses primed cases- not quite sure I see the point.)
"Even if it's only the handful of people I happen to meet on the street or in my home, I can still protect them with one sword."

When a man go no longer speak without malice intended lest he cause offense, that is when truth starts to die.

There are three kinds of man- Man the Toolmaker, Man the Tool User, and man the tool.

Ansgar

Post by Ansgar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 pm

eugene wrote:"firearm accessories that you want that are not on the market"

Magazines and ammo
QFT. I've been trying to find 10 round mags for my 10/22 for 2 months, even offering to trade my 2 25 round Hot Lips mags for 3 factory 10 rounders (I keep catching the end of them on things and unseating them), nothing.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:38 am

vegasguy wrote:7.62x54r wheel gun?

Yes, that does sound interesting. :twisted:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”