TrackingPoint "Intelligent" Digital Scope

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

NapTime

Post by NapTime » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, and I just have weak search-fu. This is a digital scope that only fires when you're lined up with a predetermined target point. The video does a good job of explaining and demo-ing how it works. What do people think?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012 ... -firearms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LivelyToaster
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by LivelyToaster » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Unless I'm missing something here (I.E. Like if the thing auto adjusts for windage, target movement.) is it not easier (and most definitely cheaper) to just to you know, shoot when you had your shot lined up in the first place? I.E. the tag step...

"If the above post does not make sense I might be 99.9% asleep and doing college stuff."

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Re: TrackingPoint

Post by AKFTW » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:50 pm

LivelyToaster wrote:Unless I'm missing something here (I.E. Like if the thing auto adjusts for windage, target movement.) is it not easier (and most definitely cheaper) to just to you know, shoot when you had your shot lined up in the first place? I.E. the tag step...

"If the above post does not make sense I might be 99.9% asleep and doing college stuff."
It does auto adjust for windage and target movement apparently.
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

LivelyToaster
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by LivelyToaster » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:12 pm

AKFTW wrote:
LivelyToaster wrote:Unless I'm missing something here (I.E. Like if the thing auto adjusts for windage, target movement.) is it not easier (and most definitely cheaper) to just to you know, shoot when you had your shot lined up in the first place? I.E. the tag step...

It does auto adjust for windage and target movement apparently.
Saw the windage reading on the scope, they don't mention any of it though in their video. I dunno, Shrug. Nothing I'll even have a need to buy, or the spare 10,000+ cash. Pretty sure its going to be rather expensive.

thechin
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1968 Night of the living dead
1990 Night of the living dead
1978 Dawn of the Dead
2008 Dawn of the Dead
1985 Day of the Dead
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Return of the Living dead
Shaun of the Dead

Post by thechin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:24 pm

It shoots for you. After you tag the target, you squeeze the trigger and the rifle will fire when it's on target.
Because no honest man should be limited to ten rounds. Sorry Bill. I like your revolvers but I hope you rot in hell.-yossarian

if you dont learn google-fu around here your pants will catch fire. Im just sayin.-Blkhrt13

"Be not afraid of any man,
No matter what his size;
When danger threatens, call on me....
And I will equalize." ~ unknown

mad scientist

Re: TrackingPoint "Intelligent" Digital Scope

Post by mad scientist » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Neat technology. It will make the robots that much harder to deal with once Skynet takes over.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”