Harden Your Doors and Windows

A place to discuss special considerations involved prepping and reacting to a disaster with children, pets and other family concerns.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

CiggsWar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero's flicks classic, I like a bunch of them esp vehicles

Re: Harden Your Doors and Windows

Post by CiggsWar » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Ignorance is not bliss
Part of survival is innovation, hence I reference the frosted light bulb at one time it was an engineer's joke at General Electric, they gave the new engineer fresh from university the new joke of designing a frosted light bulb, untill one fresh new engineer handed the boss the frosted light bulb and said "is this what you were looking for?" Unknow to him that it was a joke.

We might have covered a topic a year ago unknow to us there is innovation, Door breaching is a very old topic, a lot of designs from the past may have been omitted from our modern door in lue of a cheaper product, in lue of security devices and services, which is not going aid in a PAW sisuation.

Anywhere you bug out also has to be defended, through fortifacation- wood framing and foam sheathing behind vinyl siding means you can pretty much gain entry through any exterior wall with little more than a sharp knife. My house which I live in is also the same, the more a group supplies it's self and gains momentum the stronger it becomes, if I pack up and hide in the forest eventually they that group will find me.

Two sets of destiny running parallal to each other, if that group comes to my house the fortifacation present slows them down, any fortifaction has to be defended even if it's bobwire. It's really energy and how you use it, people are seeking convience those with it and those without it, called the convience of energy, the life substance required to maintain energy in a human being, some are wiling to expend all there energy in gaining yours, you must also learn to deal with that at some point in time. Parallal energy shares the same energy source and the same grounding source.
Nothing goes to waste in this world.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:15 pm

CiggsWar wrote:Ignorance is not bliss
Part of survival is innovation, hence I reference the frosted light bulb at one time it was an engineer's joke at General Electric, they gave the new engineer fresh from university the new joke of designing a frosted light bulb, untill one fresh new engineer handed the boss the frosted light bulb and said "is this what you were looking for?" Unknow to him that it was a joke.

We might have covered a topic a year ago unknow to us there is innovation, Door breaching is a very old topic, a lot of designs from the past may have been omitted from our modern door in lue of a cheaper product, in lue of security devices and services, which is not going aid in a PAW sisuation.

Anywhere you bug out also has to be defended, through fortifacation- wood framing and foam sheathing behind vinyl siding means you can pretty much gain entry through any exterior wall with little more than a sharp knife. My house which I live in is also the same, the more a group supplies it's self and gains momentum the stronger it becomes, if I pack up and hide in the forest eventually they that group will find me.

Two sets of destiny running parallal to each other, if that group comes to my house the fortifacation present slows them down, any fortifaction has to be defended even if it's bobwire. It's really energy and how you use it, people are seeking convience those with it and those without it, called the convience of energy, the life substance required to maintain energy in a human being, some are wiling to expend all there energy in gaining yours, you must also learn to deal with that at some point in time. Parallal energy shares the same energy source and the same grounding source.
Nothing goes to waste in this world.
Okay, I had to read that a few times to get the gist of what you're saying, and I'm still not 100% sure I got it all. Please do not take this as something personal or a slam, it is not meant that way in any way, shape, or form, but the lack of punctuation, and the spelling and grammar mistakes in this make it very difficult to follow. I believe that what you're trying to say is along the lines of, "If you make your house more difficult to get into than another place the mob will bypass it for something easier." Is that correct?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

CiggsWar
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero's flicks classic, I like a bunch of them esp vehicles

Post by CiggsWar » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Np Yes in basics, also keeps the ignorance from perhaps from trying an easier target. A tighter community of like minded people.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Well, that's going to depend on what's around you and how bad your place is to start with, compared to others. You have to make a realistic assessment of your situation and decide if it's worth trying to harden the location.

In my case, short of gutting the place and ripping off all the sheathing to replace it with something else, it will always be weaker than what's around me (one and two story homes with basements, concrete walls and/or wood sheathing - none of which my place has). I've already made the assessment that I can probably add a "safe" room inside, but even that won't be all that secure, and the best plan is to abandon it and bug out to someplace more secure and defensible.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Return to “Family Prep”