Chris from Denver, CO

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

chrisj_0
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, 28 days later, the Walking Dead

Chris from Denver, CO

Post by chrisj_0 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:06 pm

HI all,
I just registered after a few weeks of off and on browsing of ZS. I've really enjoyed the forum so far, thanks to everyone.
I recently moved from Chicago to Denver and I'm loving the "west". I was totally shocked when I purchased a handgun and could walk out of the store with it after the background check. :clap: The difference out west is so dramatic from IL. Back in Chicago if you told someone you were prepping they thought you were crazy, out here everyone from cowboys to hippies are homesteading and prepping. I enjoy the ZS approach that if you prepare for zombies nothing else should shock you...
Anyway Thanks again. see you on the forums.
chrisj

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Chris from Denver, CO

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Welcome to ZS, Chris. Your life will never be quite the same again now that you've discovered this raving nuthouse loony bin repository of wisdom and knowledge.

Lex1785
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later. Dawn of the Dead.

Post by Lex1785 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Welcome Chris! Don't hesitate to ask questions! a lot of good folks here with a lot of great knowledge and experience.
The Hooba Dooba broke, my blog from tactical to nonsense.

- Size doesn't matter. Its all about shot placement. -

Semper Fi.

chrisj_0

Post by chrisj_0 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:35 pm

majorhavoc wrote:Welcome to ZS, Chris. Your life will never be quite the same again now that you've discovered this raving nuthouse loony bin repository of wisdom and knowledge.
See what I mean. Back east even the preppers think they're crazy :crazy:

L4tp

Chris from Denver, CO

Post by L4tp » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Chris by homesteading do you mean they plop down on a piece of property and after a predetermined time span they own it?

chrisj_0

Post by chrisj_0 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:02 pm

L4tp wrote:Chris by homesteading do you mean they plop down on a piece of property and after a predetermined time span they own it?
No, just referencing the grown trend of sustainable living (sorry if I used the term wrong). I know people down in CO Springs that milk goats before teaching yoga classes. It's pretty funny to hear about how they have to hide the goat when the landlord comes over. :lol:

L4tp

Chris from Denver, CO

Post by L4tp » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

chrisj_0 wrote:
L4tp wrote:Chris by homesteading do you mean they plop down on a piece of property and after a predetermined time span they own it?
No, just referencing the grown trend of sustainable living (sorry if I used the term wrong). I know people down in CO Springs that milk goats before teaching yoga classes. It's pretty funny to hear about how they have to hide the goat when the landlord comes over. :lol:

I was just thinking I wouldn't min having a mountain if they're free.

Werespaz

Post by Werespaz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Welcome aboard Chris,

Be sure to check out the ZS:012 subforum if you want more local information and events. Glad to have you here (and not in Chicago!)

Impus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Die, You Zombie Bastards!

Post by Impus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Welcome to COZS: ZSC 012. We actually get out and do RT stuff here, hope to see you sometime!
Let Me Die Not Quietly, But Valiantly And Violently

ZSC:012 Tenimus Altus Humus

chrisj_0

Post by chrisj_0 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am

Impus wrote:Welcome to COZS: ZSC 012. We actually get out and do RT stuff here, hope to see you sometime!
Thanks Impus. I noticed in the ZSC:012 forum that there's a IDPA match in Ft. Collins this Sat, however I can post a reply to that thread. Is there some additional permissions I need to participate in the ZSC:012 forum?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 am

chrisj_0 wrote:
Impus wrote:Welcome to COZS: ZSC 012. We actually get out and do RT stuff here, hope to see you sometime!
Thanks Impus. I noticed in the ZSC:012 forum that there's a IDPA match in Ft. Collins this Sat, however I can post a reply to that thread. Is there some additional permissions I need to participate in the ZSC:012 forum?
Go to “User Control Panel” a link you’ll find near the top left part of your screen when you’re anywhere in the forums.

Select “Usergroups”, the fifth tab from the left (between “Private Messages” and “Friends and Foes”).

Scroll down until you find “ZSC 012”. To the far right is a little circle that you can click on, which will select that usergroup.

Now scroll the rest of the way down to the bottom right and choose “Join Selected” from the drop down menu. (I think it will be the default selection for you, but I’m not sure).

Then just click on “Submit” and within a day or so you should get a private message indicating that you have permission to reply to or post new messages to that subforum.

chrisj_0

Post by chrisj_0 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
chrisj_0 wrote:
Go to “User Control Panel” a link you’ll find near the top left part of your screen when you’re anywhere in the forums.

Select “Usergroups”, the fifth tab from the left (between “Private Messages” and “Friends and Foes”).

Scroll down until you find “ZSC 012”. To the far right is a little circle that you can click on, which will select that usergroup.

Now scroll the rest of the way down to the bottom right and choose “Join Selected” from the drop down menu. (I think it will be the default selection for you, but I’m not sure).

Then just click on “Submit” and within a day or so you should get a private message indicating that you have permission to reply to or post new messages to that subforum.
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Werespaz

Post by Werespaz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Looks like you're on the approved list now, so you should be able to post without issue.

Return to “Introductions”