Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Hello... My name is Erin, my nickname is Tookie, I answer to both and I a live in Southeastern Colorado now but was born in Southern Colorado and think I will probably live life and die here in Colorado :)

I just joined up on the website, also I filled out my Ap for membership and sent in my membership dues last week so I hope to be a full fledged member of ZS soon :)

I enjoy the outdoors and spend most of my time there, I also work in the outdoors so that pretty much takes care of my outdoors fix for the most part. If I am not working out on the ranch or on someone elses farm cutting and bailing their hay then I am out and about camping, fishing, hiking, 4x4ing, wildlife watching and tracking, hunting or just out for a leisurely walk or practicing bushcraft skills.

I was recently in an automobilie accident, a victim of some other jerks road rage, and broke my right hip, tore the tendons in my left knee, broke 9 ribs and the general cuts, scrapes and bruises on the face neck, knees, and hands. I am slowly but surely recovering but am looking at knee surgery in the next 2 months after the hip repair is fully healed and I can once again stand full weight on it. Not exactlly my idea of a good time, but it has to be done. I just hope the shyt doesn't hit the fan any time soon or I think I will probably be held up gimpy in the cellar somewhere with my rifle and food stores hoping not to get raided by zombies lol.

I am a 33 year old white female with no military background but have a background in nursing though I don't curently work as one at the time being. I took up running my own buisness to escape the politics and drama of a workplace I have no control over and constantly have to deal with stupid co-workers LOL sometimes... ok maybe a lot.

I look forward to schmoozing here on the site and at conventions if I can make it to them.

I found you after seeing you on the television and the concept fully appealed to me and the prepper in me.

Cheers!
Last edited by tookieblueeyes on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 7268
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Maine

Re: Greetings & Salutaions From Colorado

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Holy crap that sounds like a nasty accident, Took.

I guess you've got a long convalescence ahead of you. You can probably add "metorology" to your skill set, because unfortunately, you're going to find that your hip and knee will let you know about impending changes in weather.

Glad you survived your personal apocalypse and here's hoping your recovery goes faster and more comfortably than you hoped. While you're laid up, feel free to poke around, ask lots of questions, give us lots of advice and if you're really bored, dive right into the chat threads. Some crazy stream of consciousness dialog happening there!

Welcome to ZS!

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutaions From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:13 pm

majorhavoc wrote:Holy crap that sounds like a nasty accident, Took.

I guess you've got a long convalescence ahead of you. You can probably add "metorology" to your skill set, because unfortunately, you're going to find that your hip and knee will let you know about impending changes in weather.

Glad you survived your personal apocalypse and here's hoping your recovery goes faster and more comfortably than you hoped. While you're laid up, feel free to poke around, ask lots of questions, give us lots of advice and if you're really bored, dive right into the chat threads. Some crazy stream of consciousness dialog happening there!

Welcome to ZS!
LOL yeah perhaps I should add meteorology to the mix because I really can feel it when the weather changes already. Thank goodness that the weather around my neck of the woods has been stable this last week because last week when we had a coldfront come in I thought I was going to fall out of bet it hurt so bad. That's where the pain meds and aleve comes in handy... Aleve really does work well though.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope recovery goes quickly myself. I don't want to be laid up all summer.

I think perhaps I will mosey on over to that chat thread and see what thats all about. i am still discovering all that the website has to offer.
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
proteus
* *
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, resident evil, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead, I am legend
Location: Northern VA

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by proteus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Welcome to the site...CO is beautiful...hope to get back out there and spend some time there again real soon. Sorry to hear about the accident...and I feel your pain been through a few of my own...lots of great people here and a lot of really great info.
When in doubt fire for effect...

User avatar
FrANkNstEin
* * * * *
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 am
Location: Austria

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by FrANkNstEin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Welcome Tookie!

I hope you will recover fine from that accident, sounds nasty indeed!

Best wishes, Frankn

User avatar
wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5029
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:56 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies
Location: Northern Ireland (Deepest, Darkest North Antrim)

Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by wee drop o' bush » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Hiya Tookie welcome to ZS :D

Sorry you've been in such a bad accident, that sounds rough. Though I'm sure the ZS addiction (we all develop) will help you through your recovery ;)
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
Image
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm

proteus wrote:Welcome to the site...CO is beautiful...hope to get back out there and spend some time there again real soon. Sorry to hear about the accident...and I feel your pain been through a few of my own...lots of great people here and a lot of really great info.
Thank you for the warm welcoming and for the get well words :oops: Yes, so far I have not met one person who wasn't nice, not in forums nor in chat. Everyone I have met so far have been quite friendly and welcoming. I am already learning a lot of new things and getting some great information and ideas out of the different threads. And here, me, a woman who thought she knew everything has learned some new tricks and how-to's that had never before entered her mind... forget entering, it has never even crossed my mind. Guess this woman isn't a know it all after all! :lol:
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm

FrANkNstEin wrote:Welcome Tookie!

I hope you will recover fine from that accident, sounds nasty indeed!

Best wishes, Frankn
It indeed turned out nasty. I am lucky to be alive and I still can't figure out how I did come out of that accident alive because when I went to the tow yard where state patrol sent my car afte rthe wreck and saw the car... It really is amazing I am alive at all. I got very very lucky.

The healing and the injuries, therapy and surgeries are a pain and a pain in the ass and I am bothered by the fact that I can't get out and hike a trail or go climb rocks in the canyon on the warm spring days that we have been enjoying here in southeastern colorado lately but I think I am most depressed because my car is completely obliterated :cry: I loved my car
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
proteus
* *
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, resident evil, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead, I am legend
Location: Northern VA

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by proteus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 pm

tookieblueeyes wrote:
proteus wrote:Welcome to the site...CO is beautiful...hope to get back out there and spend some time there again real soon. Sorry to hear about the accident...and I feel your pain been through a few of my own...lots of great people here and a lot of really great info.
Thank you for the warm welcoming and for the get well words :oops: Yes, so far I have not met one person who wasn't nice, not in forums nor in chat. Everyone I have met so far have been quite friendly and welcoming. I am already learning a lot of new things and getting some great information and ideas out of the different threads. And here, me, a woman who thought she knew everything has learned some new tricks and how-to's that had never before entered her mind... forget entering, it has never even crossed my mind. Guess this woman isn't a know it all after all! :lol:
Dont feel to bad...I have had years of extensive training and I still pick up new things on a regular basis...its why I am here. Its a great place for new ideas and things I would not ever have considered.
When in doubt fire for effect...

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 pm

wee drop o' bush wrote:Hiya Tookie welcome to ZS :D

Sorry you've been in such a bad accident, that sounds rough. Though I'm sure the ZS addiction (we all develop) will help you through your recovery ;)
Yup, I have indeed already develped a ZS addiction. As I am like a little kid waiting on the secret deocoder ring they sent off for with the box tops they collected for months while they ate nasty cereal just so they could get the ring waits at the mailbox each day for the post man to make his rounds, well, i am just as eager about recieving my ZS member badge and for my name to turn green. I feel like a little kid in footy fuzzy pajamas all over again but instead of a decoder ring I get a zombie squad badge to wear around LOL I think I should start worrying about myself, that kind of anticipation for a thing such as a green name and a name badge doesn't seem like it should be normal or healthy lol :lol:
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 pm

proteus wrote:
tookieblueeyes wrote:
proteus wrote:Welcome to the site...CO is beautiful...hope to get back out there and spend some time there again real soon. Sorry to hear about the accident...and I feel your pain been through a few of my own...lots of great people here and a lot of really great info.
Thank you for the warm welcoming and for the get well words :oops: Yes, so far I have not met one person who wasn't nice, not in forums nor in chat. Everyone I have met so far have been quite friendly and welcoming. I am already learning a lot of new things and getting some great information and ideas out of the different threads. And here, me, a woman who thought she knew everything has learned some new tricks and how-to's that had never before entered her mind... forget entering, it has never even crossed my mind. Guess this woman isn't a know it all after all! :lol:
Dont feel to bad...I have had years of extensive training and I still pick up new things on a regular basis...its why I am here. Its a great place for new ideas and things I would not ever have considered.
That is for sure.
Me being laid up and not able to work gives me a lot of free and idle time so I have developed a kind of ZS addiction. I spend hours here in the forums reading all about all kinds of different things. The What Would You Do and What Ifs threads are always a hoot.
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
Regulator
* * * * *
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Dawn of the dead II, Shaun of the Dead,
Location: The mountains of Kansas, USA

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by Regulator » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Welcome aboard! :D

User avatar
proteus
* *
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, resident evil, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead, I am legend
Location: Northern VA

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by proteus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 pm

tookieblueeyes wrote:
proteus wrote:
tookieblueeyes wrote:
proteus wrote:Welcome to the site...CO is beautiful...hope to get back out there and spend some time there again real soon. Sorry to hear about the accident...and I feel your pain been through a few of my own...lots of great people here and a lot of really great info.
Thank you for the warm welcoming and for the get well words :oops: Yes, so far I have not met one person who wasn't nice, not in forums nor in chat. Everyone I have met so far have been quite friendly and welcoming. I am already learning a lot of new things and getting some great information and ideas out of the different threads. And here, me, a woman who thought she knew everything has learned some new tricks and how-to's that had never before entered her mind... forget entering, it has never even crossed my mind. Guess this woman isn't a know it all after all! :lol:
Dont feel to bad...I have had years of extensive training and I still pick up new things on a regular basis...its why I am here. Its a great place for new ideas and things I would not ever have considered.
That is for sure.
Me being laid up and not able to work gives me a lot of free and idle time so I have developed a kind of ZS addiction. I spend hours here in the forums reading all about all kinds of different things. The What Would You Do and What Ifs threads are always a hoot.
there are some great stories on here from amateur writers, great gear info on the bug out gear section...just lots of great stuff...ever since i found this site I have been on here quite a bit...yea and having something to do during the the recovery down time is so important to not losing your mind...i wish i had this site when i was recovering from my combat injuries or my car accident lol
When in doubt fire for effect...

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Regulator wrote:Welcome aboard! :D
Thank you so much
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 pm

proteus wrote:
there are some great stories on here from amateur writers, great gear info on the bug out gear section...just lots of great stuff...ever since i found this site I have been on here quite a bit...yea and having something to do during the the recovery down time is so important to not losing your mind...i wish i had this site when i was recovering from my combat injuries or my car accident lol
Yeah, I think I have probably spent more time on this site thanks to my recovery being prolonged than I have ever spent on any other side except for YouTube and I love YouTube.
Learning is an ongoing process.

User avatar
proteus
* *
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, resident evil, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead, I am legend
Location: Northern VA

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by proteus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 pm

tookieblueeyes wrote:
proteus wrote:
there are some great stories on here from amateur writers, great gear info on the bug out gear section...just lots of great stuff...ever since i found this site I have been on here quite a bit...yea and having something to do during the the recovery down time is so important to not losing your mind...i wish i had this site when i was recovering from my combat injuries or my car accident lol
Yeah, I think I have probably spent more time on this site thanks to my recovery being prolonged than I have ever spent on any other side except for YouTube and I love YouTube.
Well at least you can tell yourself its for educational purposes...thats the excuse I keep telling myself so I dont feel like I am wasting time...
When in doubt fire for effect...

User avatar
tookieblueeyes
* * *
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM
Location: Southeastern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Greetings & Salutations From Colorado

Post by tookieblueeyes » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 pm

proteus wrote:
tookieblueeyes wrote:
proteus wrote:
there are some great stories on here from amateur writers, great gear info on the bug out gear section...just lots of great stuff...ever since i found this site I have been on here quite a bit...yea and having something to do during the the recovery down time is so important to not losing your mind...i wish i had this site when i was recovering from my combat injuries or my car accident lol
Yeah, I think I have probably spent more time on this site thanks to my recovery being prolonged than I have ever spent on any other side except for YouTube and I love YouTube.
Well at least you can tell yourself its for educational purposes...thats the excuse I keep telling myself so I dont feel like I am wasting time...
Good one! I think I will be telling myself the same thing now! its good justification for reading more on here than reading my books LOL
Learning is an ongoing process.

Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”