New from Triad NC

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

CasterTroy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

New from Triad NC

Post by CasterTroy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey howdy.

New to forum, new to a lot of things these days really.

Never been a "zombie movie" fan. Or a fan of ANY kind of bloody, gory, scary kinda movie. Just never been my bag.

Kept hearing about "The Walking Dead" last year and got tired of it. So found episodes online. First episode had me intrigued. Second one hooked me for good. Had to order the DVD :lol:

Then the kids caught me watching it. My 13 yr old daughter is into horror and gore. She just giggles and laughs. My 15 yr old son doesn't mind anything....but my 9yr old daughter is like me.

Well the oldest girl caught me watching TWD and had me restart it. The boy walked in...now there's 3....so of course the wife didn't want to be left out...so the 4 of us sat and watched the whole season one saturday and loved it.

It JUST so happened ZOMBIELAND was on HBO that weekend so we HAD to watch that. I love woody..and Murray is my all time hero...so...well...hooked there as well.

Odd thing that came out of the series and the movie. I actually HAVE most of everything they use. And while I've never been a "prepper" and honestly didn't KNOW what a prepper was until 3 months ago....I've always BEEN one :wink:

anyway...now I'm DVRing stuff like Doomsday preppers and doomsday bunkers.

Of course....90% of what's on there are people obsessed....but SOME of what they cover makes sense. And like I said...oddly enough, I've BEEN that all my life. Paracord here, machete's there, firestarters, multiple tents...etc. But none of it was ever centralized. I mean, I knew where everything WAS, but after watching so many things..I decided on centralizing it all for emergency.

without buying anything I have a pretty sufficient BOB. And I've ALWAYS been EDC without ever knowing WTH EDC was :lol:

Surefire E2D executive defender
Gerber Multi tool
Pen
pad
XDm sub

Logans Run

Re: New from Triad NC

Post by Logans Run » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Well, hello and welcome from California.
get familiar with the rules here and have some fun and meet some cool people!
Membership paid on May 3rd.
I've fought tougher men, but I really can't remember when.
California Bay Area Chapter ZSC:015
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Chicago Zombie
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The only bad zombie movie is an unwatched zombie movie...(& American Zombie, Dead Country, Zombiez, Dead Clowns....)

Post by Chicago Zombie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:25 am

Welcome to the ZS Forum from Chicagoland! :D
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer. IL, WI, or IN resident? Please stop by the ZSC:020 Chicagoland Forum!
CERT & RACES member.
ZS Hall of Fame!
ZS Wiki
Free Prepper Ebooks
May is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome awareness month!
"You can't always decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you react."

USMCSergeant

Post by USMCSergeant » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:50 am

Welcome from Asheboro NC. We have our own Central NC chapter btw, it's ZS:026. To view those subforums go to your user control panel and add ZS:026 to your usergroups and check us out!

Davo

Post by Davo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Welcome, neighbor!
Image Image

Return to “Introductions”