Hello from Oklahoma

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DerekD

Hello from Oklahoma

Post by DerekD » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello everyone I am Derek and I am a 24 year old student, I reside in North East Oklahoma. I have been lurking around this forum for the past year and have truly enjoyed reading everything on here. I am currently a Criminal Justice student with a minor in Homeland Security. I have grown up in the outdoors learning many skills through my young years and I have actually took part in the winter bug out last year on my own time after reading about it on here. I am currently working on completing more of my FEMA certificates which in the long run will hopefully help me be more prepared in life and for me to be able to help others when the time is needed. I believe that this is honestly one of the best forums when it comes to reasonable preparedness. I hope to enjoy many days to come on here and become active in the boards.

T-Baggin98
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, Zombieland, 28 days later

Re: Hello from Oklahoma

Post by T-Baggin98 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Welcome to the mad house from the Central OK chapter! There is lots or learn on here.

What FEMA certs are you working on? After I got out of the military I went back to night school to get my degree, my major is emergency management. I've taken several FEMA courses for my classes. It's pretty good stuff!

lokifz1
Favorite Zombie Movies: Must have Alice in it.

Post by lokifz1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:10 am

Ok, lets find out the important information first.
BOOMER SOONER, or prison orange pokey, what are you?
Beretta accept no substitute.

bzimmerly
Favorite Zombie Movies: Devil's Crossing

Post by bzimmerly » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 am

I lived two of my 55 years in Tulsa with plenty of great times and memories! I liked "The Spudder", lived at 51st and Memorial, and took trips to Woolaroc. Your post sure brought back to my mind some wonderful memories.

Anyway, welcome to the asylum! :lol:
- Bill
Geezer Gadget Geek
ARES / ARRL / Call: K0WBZ

DerekD

Post by DerekD » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 am

lokifz1 wrote:Ok, lets find out the important information first.
BOOMER SOONER, or prison orange pokey, what are you?
Well sitting to my right is an Autographed AP OU football and i am currently rockin the OU hoodie i wore to class. I wouldnt wear orange because then i would be considered a cry baby with a ton of excuses. :lol:

DerekD

Post by DerekD » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:15 am

T-Baggin98 wrote:Welcome to the mad house from the Central OK chapter! There is lots or learn on here.

What FEMA certs are you working on? After I got out of the military I went back to night school to get my degree, my major is emergency management. I've taken several FEMA courses for my classes. It's pretty good stuff!
Currently I am working my way through the FEMA Independent Study Program for Emergency Management. I have currently completed IS-1 through IS-200.b

Return to “Introductions”