Hello?

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

scuro

Hello?

Post by scuro » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:29 am

I would like to join in here. What say you? I am interested in the topic matter you post, if not a particularly avid participant in practice. May I join you in conversation? :wink:

BrowncoatCaptain

Re: Hello?

Post by BrowncoatCaptain » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 am

As long as you steer away from politics and religion and post in the appropriate sections for what you're talking about, knock yourself out!

We can use this thread right here to talk all about you! Where ya from? What brings you here? Zombies, global warming, rogue comets, the economy... which will it be that triggers the (dum dum DUM) End of the WORLD? (dramatic music, heavy on the timpani drums)

Welcome to the forums!

Gabriel
“You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

ZSC:034 Officer

scuro

Post by scuro » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:03 am

BrowncoatCaptain wrote:As long as you steer away from politics and religion and post in the appropriate sections for what you're talking about, knock yourself out!

We can use this thread right here to talk all about you! Where ya from? What brings you here? Zombies, global warming, rogue comets, the economy... which will it be that triggers the (dum dum DUM) End of the WORLD? (dramatic music, heavy on the timpani drums)

Welcome to the forums!

Gabriel

Well, Brownie Gabriel....I'm not sure what brought me here....web surfing...it must have linked to some sort of simple living theme I was exploring, and I noticed that there were some good and creative post here. Some are far one way or another, but some very sensible, and I thought: "Self? I might learn something here? Will they have me?" I live in the northwest, Oregon in the southern half. I have taken no measures. (I could talk about that, and learn from you all,) but love the skills and expertise that you folks seem to be able to share. For the most part, Zombies aside, there is not an air of hysteria here, and that appealed to me. Good, common sense, with reasonable, logical, information and often citations. Is that good enough? I hope so? I'd like to see what kind of discourse I can find here?

BrowncoatCaptain

Post by BrowncoatCaptain » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:19 am

Yep. We use zombies as a metaphor for natural disastes, outbreaks of diseases, civil disturbance. You see, if you prepare for the worst (hordes of living dead rising) then a tornado, flood, or winter storm is already taken care of. On the scale of hazards and threats, you've prepared yourself to deal with things much worse than you may be currently facing. And, let's face it, zombies are fun stuff. Who doesn't like to see two guys playing chess across a street full of walking dead until it all goes horribly wrong at mall of america?

The zombie metaphor also, in my experience so far, lets us reach a younger crowd who would not generally think of disasters and the need for preparation. If we can catch their attention with reanimated head-shots, then we can usually get them to listen to a little bit about the importance of self-reliance and personal preparedness.

This forum has a lot of great info and I'm sure you'll find all the knowledge you want or need. Hope you have a good time here. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Stay safe,

Gabriel
“You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

ZSC:034 Officer

scuro

Post by scuro » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:03 am

Gabriel, you are a most gracious host and welcomer of newbies. I appreciate it. :D I do not know if I will attain the scale of that achieved by some of your masters here, but I can and will, and already have learned just by spending the evening, here, on your site. :wink: I did realize the zombies were metaphoric and loved that aspect of it all. I could go into what I have, have not, or will or will not do or have done, if I figure out the ins and outs of this site. In the meantime, you have been the best of greeters and most accomplished as a gracious facilitator. :!: Many thanks. :wink:

scuro

Post by scuro » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:04 am

I should also add, that while I understand some acronysms, such as shtf and bob, there are some that elude me....PAW is one. :? :)

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:04 am

PAW = Post Apocalyptic World. Welcome :)

--another Gabriel
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

Return to “Introductions”