Greetings from the G-State of Marylandistan

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Shaun of the Dead, The Office

Greetings from the G-State of Marylandistan

Post by EricinVirginia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:16 pm

I'm good with "G" being ghoul or government. Take your pick.

I was referred to this board by the Saiga-12.com forum and since coming over here have been hooked. I've only been lurking for about a month but several threads kicked over to my wife have resulted in her getting hooked as well. One of our hobbies is watching zombie movies and after cracking up about all the stupid things they did, we talk about what we might really need to do. I picked up "How to Survive a Zombie Attack" and "World War Z" and after starting a thread about those on Saiga-12, someone was like, "Hey you should check out this site... and oh by the way, ZS is the perfect place to find in-depth and detailed product reviews and info." ~ Courtesy of one of the moderators over there named Juggernaut.

So, here we are. Learned a lot and learning more. 9/11, DC sniper, different elections, several hurricanes - including Katrina - profoundly affect Marylandistan. I remember, after Katrina, when people were hoarding gas and gas had run out or had 3x'd in price... and the streets were empty. I've been in several foreign countries at the wrong place at the wrong time when riots started and have been tear gassed and hit with a water cannon. Fun stuff. Minutes before 9/11 became public knowledge, I suspected something was wrong when my primary internet connection suddenly hanged. Collectively, everything started coming together... that self-reliability and a certain degree of preparedness are vital to making it through a crisis long enough to become a survivor.

I feel like I'm on the shore of a vast see of information that I've just barely dipped my toe into. I look forward to learning and participating in the dead hunt.

man in black
Favorite Zombie Movies: shaun of the dead
return of the living dead
28 days later
28 weeks later

Re: Greetings from the G-State of Marylandistan

Post by man in black » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:35 pm

welkommen
As we run into the house
The wall of dead surrounds
Tentacles of decay flesh
Tear and pull us down
Doors and windows boarded shut
But the pressure was too much
Zombie I, girl please run away

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevincurbstomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- my tumblr

JeffTx

Post by JeffTx » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Welcome to the party! I escaped from your neighborhood almost three years ago. Good people here and good information.

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi hi hi from just outside of philly.
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

CLEAR CUT

Post by CLEAR CUT » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

There's a veritable wealth of information here as well as a hefty dose of frivolity to take the edge off.
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

iMack

Post by iMack » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Glad to have you with us. I hope you enjoy the community :D

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EricinVirginia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 am

Forums are all so different. ZS looks like a great forum. Glad to be here.

airballrad
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by airballrad » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Welcome from Bel Air, MD. :D

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EricinVirginia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am

Hey, another Marylandistani! Good to meet you. We're in Germantown MOCO.

stimpy321972
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead, shaun of the dead

Post by stimpy321972 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, from Richmond !!
MaxRite wrote:
BigBossMan wrote: My AR is a precision weapon.
Couldn't agree more. It is a precision weapon. It will jam at the precise moment you need it the most. :)
AK/Glock/Blue Wire w orange stripe/Twinkies

Call Sign: KK4JKV

maxfarrand
Favorite Zombie Movies: Milla Jovavich...uh I mean Resident Evil.

Post by maxfarrand » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Germantown! My buddy is from there, as is Clutch, the greatest band on the planet.

I lived briefly in Baltimore...very, very briefly.

Anyway, greeting from Pittsburgh, PA!

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EricinVirginia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:30 am

Very very briefly... I drive through Baltimore for work all the time as briefly as traffic will let me.

EECHAY

Post by EECHAY » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Germantown? How's the Police Department there? Have any trouble with big green guys kidnapping people?
~We think in generalities, but we live in detail.

StrangeLove

Post by StrangeLove » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Hello from next door in Carroll County. Saw your writeup on your camping adventures. Nicely done.

deathstyle

Post by deathstyle » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Hello and Welcome from California !
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EricinVirginia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:06 am

EECHAY wrote:Germantown? How's the Police Department there? Have any trouble with big green guys kidnapping people?

I have some friends at USHS (military med school in Bethesda) and one was doing a rotation at a psyche hospital in DC late at night. This is a true story told to me by a friend who was there as a resident when it happened... as far as I can tell or my friend is a liar.
- LEOs bring in a naked wet man. He's freezing and cut up. The cops found him running through people's yards and caught up to him. He had no idea... he was naked.
- When asked his name, he said he couldn't tell them that his name is protected and that if anyone found out who he was, there'd be problems.
- When asked why he was running naked in February at night on a freezing rainy night, he said he was taking a shower when he heard "them" coming. So he dove out his bathroom window (where he got the cuts) and started running.
- The man had no record that anyone could find. The dressed his cuts, dried him up, and put him in psyche observation where he kept saying he needed to get out.

Around 8 am, two US Marshalls came and got him. They had been looking for him all night... he was legitimately in witness protection and hadn't got the phone call from the Marshalls that they were coming to move him that night.

EECHAY

Post by EECHAY » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 pm

EricinMaryland wrote:
EECHAY wrote:Germantown? How's the Police Department there? Have any trouble with big green guys kidnapping people?

I have some friends at USHS (military med school in Bethesda) and one was doing a rotation at a psyche hospital in DC late at night. This is a true story told to me by a friend who was there as a resident when it happened... as far as I can tell or my friend is a liar.
- LEOs bring in a naked wet man. He's freezing and cut up. The cops found him running through people's yards and caught up to him. He had no idea... he was naked.
- When asked his name, he said he couldn't tell them that his name is protected and that if anyone found out who he was, there'd be problems.
- When asked why he was running naked in February at night on a freezing rainy night, he said he was taking a shower when he heard "them" coming. So he dove out his bathroom window (where he got the cuts) and started running.
- The man had no record that anyone could find. The dressed his cuts, dried him up, and put him in psyche observation where he kept saying he needed to get out.

Around 8 am, two US Marshalls came and got him. They had been looking for him all night... he was legitimately in witness protection and hadn't got the phone call from the Marshalls that they were coming to move him that night.
:shock: I was just making a snarky Fallout 3 reference. ..That's both awesome and worrying at the same time. You have fun stories!
~We think in generalities, but we live in detail.

EricinVirginia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by EricinVirginia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Since we don't see it all that much, I thought I'd add that my ZS membership came through in early Dec 2009.

Return to “Introductions”