Hi from greater Boston area

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
zorks
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi from greater Boston area

Post by zorks » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi all

Guess I'm a tourist to this forum because I haven't done any sort of prep ---- In fact, currently there isn't a single flashlight in my apartment, woops :P

Regardless, I figured I ought to say Hi and we'll see what kind of bug I can catch from here :D

I do a lot of bicycling, especially to work (about 11 miles one way). And I expect to start doing some camping this season, maybe with the bike. Professionally, I'm a computer dork.

Well there you go.
zorks!

User avatar
Real_Ale_Act
* * * * *
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I like the PAW ones better!
Location: on the Mokelumne River, CA.

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by Real_Ale_Act » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Well, you've got to start somewhere, right?!?

Welcome to the forum.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
Suizen wrote: (damned to hell reason and logic... who needs it?! PANIC SQUAD!!! UNITE!)
Chapter XV: ZS, California-Style

herbalpagan
* * * * *
Posts: 1656
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:13 am
Location: Western MA
Contact:

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by herbalpagan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm

welcome to the forum from western Mass. :)
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/shtfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
bookshop
* * * * *
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: NH/Maine Border
Contact:

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by bookshop » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 am

What's up from the Portsmouth/Kittery Seacoast area.
Vegan Gun Owners of America

zorks
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by zorks » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:18 pm

bookshop wrote:What's up from the Portsmouth/Kittery Seacoast area.
Oh nifty. I used to live near Portsmouth

User avatar
bookshop
* * * * *
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: NH/Maine Border
Contact:

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by bookshop » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:46 am

How long ago? I've been here for like 7 years about.
Vegan Gun Owners of America

zorks
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by zorks » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:05 pm

bookshop wrote:How long ago? I've been here for like 7 years about.
~3 years ago - not actually in Portsmouth though.

User avatar
m7stic
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later and the remake of Night of the Living Dead
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by m7stic » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Welcome from Michigan!

What kind of bike do you have?
*m7stic out

zorks
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by zorks » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:19 pm

m7stic wrote:Welcome from Michigan!

What kind of bike do you have?
Thanks. I ride a Surly Cross-Check that's set up for commuting. (28mm slicks, fenders, rack, battery & dynamo lights, cyclocross double gearing, bar-end shifters)
You?

User avatar
m7stic
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later and the remake of Night of the Living Dead
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by m7stic » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 pm

zorks wrote:
m7stic wrote:Welcome from Michigan!

What kind of bike do you have?
Thanks. I ride a Surly Cross-Check that's set up for commuting. (28mm slicks, fenders, rack, battery & dynamo lights, cyclocross double gearing, bar-end shifters)
You?
Heh, my Specialized Allez Pro was stolen recently, so now I'm down to just my Giant touring bike. It tries /really/ hard on the trails to perform like a mountain bike! While the tires fit the part, the handlebars definitely do not...
*m7stic out

zorks
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Hi from greater Boston area

Post by zorks » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:06 pm

m7stic wrote:
zorks wrote:
m7stic wrote:Welcome from Michigan!

What kind of bike do you have?
Thanks. I ride a Surly Cross-Check that's set up for commuting. (28mm slicks, fenders, rack, battery & dynamo lights, cyclocross double gearing, bar-end shifters)
You?
Heh, my Specialized Allez Pro was stolen recently, so now I'm down to just my Giant touring bike. It tries /really/ hard on the trails to perform like a mountain bike! While the tires fit the part, the handlebars definitely do not...
Bummer about the Allez. I've heard of people using drop bars on trails, but I haven't got into doing it on mine yet. This looks useful: http://g-tedproductions.blogspot.com/20 ... -tips.html

Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”