New here

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Massada

New here

Post by Massada » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Just saying hi. I'm a veteran of the US Navy and then went into Army Special operations. After twovtours i became a police officer and retired a year agi. Currently working as a private security contractor and teaching some primitive survival skills and combat shooting locally. Tried to sign up as a member of ZS but having trouble getting it to take. Says it doesn't recognize my account here lol.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: New here

Post by NT2C » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Welcome to ZS. Your account seems fine to me. Your previous post is properly credited to you and I see no errors that would cause the issue you report.

If you're retired then you and I might be close in age, and I was a Navy Gunner's Mate. When were you in? It's a very slim chance but it would be funny if we were on the same ship or in the same unit at some point.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Do you mean paid member? I wonder if the payment server is down...

Oh, and welcome!!!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:29 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:46 pm
Do you mean paid member? I wonder if the payment server is down...

Oh, and welcome!!!
So far as I know that server has been down for about two years now.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Welcome to Zombie Squad. Looking forward to your contributions.

Massada

Post by Massada » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:48 am

NT2C wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm
Welcome to ZS. Your account seems fine to me. Your previous post is properly credited to you and I see no errors that would cause the issue you report.

If you're retired then you and I might be close in age, and I was a Navy Gunner's Mate. When were you in? It's a very slim chance but it would be funny if we were on the same ship or in the same unit at some point.
I was aboard the USS Pensacola as a Boatswains Mate from 1984-1988. Got out and did the Army thing till medically discharged and onto being a cop lol. Yeah, couldn't get the site to take my information. Does the group still have a paid membetship, ID and such?

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Massada wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:48 am
NT2C wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm

I was aboard the USS Pensacola as a Boatswains Mate from 1984-1988. Got out and did the Army thing till medically discharged and onto being a cop lol. Yeah, couldn't get the site to take my information. Does the group still have a paid membetship, ID and such?
Ah, you were about 10 years after me then. I was 1974-1980. As for paid memberships, about two years ago we got hacked pretty badly. It took our sysadmins quite a while to get just the forums back online and the storefront was locked until they could fix it. A few members had that saved as their entry point to the site though and were picking up a virus when they went there trying to get here. The admins then took down the store completely and just put in a redirect so that anyone trying to land on that page got sent here instead. It's been that way ever since and there's been no discussion of putting it back, at least not at my level. About a year ago, as a mod, I started just ignoring any site rules that technically required a person to be a paid member to do a certain thing, such as selling things in the barter section. My reasoning was that if a person doesn't have the ability to become a paid member or maintain their paid member status due to the store being MIA then it's silly to require that of them, and if the admins really want to hold people to that then they need to fix the store first.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:24 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:35 pm
About a year ago, as a mod, I started just ignoring any site rules that technically required a person to be a paid member to do a certain thing, such as selling things in the barter section. My reasoning was that if a person doesn't have the ability to become a paid member or maintain their paid member status due to the store being MIA then it's silly to require that of them, and if the admins really want to hold people to that then they need to fix the store first.

Massada

Post by Massada » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Lol,I agree! I never had so much trouble giving away some money!

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Massada wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 pm
Lol,I agree! I never had so much trouble giving away some money!
LOL indeed. Zombie Squad has been so much more than a prepper/zombie enthusiast forum. It has in times past been a charitable organization that organized member donations for disaster relief. In addition to paying membership dues, five of my fondest possessions are dog tags signifying contributions to Zombie Squad organized relief funds for the 2011 Japan earthquake/tsumami, another for Hurricane Sandy in 2012, the 2013 Oklahoma Tornado relief fund, the 2013 Typhoon in Haiyan (Philippines) and the 2015 earthquake in Nepal.

Zombie Squad is a community of caring, thoughtful preppers who haven't lost sight of the fact that this interest we all share contemplates real tragedy that impacts real lives. While the fundraising aspect of ZS has been on hold for several years, I for one firmly believe that the heart of this forum persists. In times of tragedy and disaster, we strive to be part of the solution; not the problem. Hope for a better tomorrow is the most important resource in times of disaster.

Massada

Post by Massada » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 am

I I truly believe that the public needs to be educated to at least a basic level of disaster preparedness. Natural or manmade disasters can strike at any time and in any place. Zombie Squad looks like a great way to educate about a serious issue but with a more lighthearted way.

Return to “Introductions”