Grüezi from Switzerland

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

The_bangfrog_MK23
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Romero originals and remakes,
28 Days / Weeks later
Starship Troopers (I know, not Zombies, but...)

Grüezi from Switzerland

Post by The_bangfrog_MK23 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Well, hello fellow zombie enthusiasts, please allow me to introduce myself.

I'm a guy in the mid-thirties, live in a small suburb of Zürich and work in an office of an IT Services Corporation.

I've served my military terms of service in the artillery where I was responsible for a M109 KAWEST self propelled howitzer including a driver and four gunners, finished the mandatory time a couple of years ago and fulfilled the conditions to keep my service rifle, although, as usual, tuned down to semi auto only.

My hobbies are collecting and shooting firearms (I'm a member of, like, three different Clubs), hiking, camping, fishing, enjoying the outdoors, discussing post apocalyptic survival (or less drastic variations thereof) with anybody who would listen and generally making a fool of myself by babbling (and writing...) bullpoop I haven't invested half a second of thinking in.
Oh, and I have a passing interest in all things science related, from space faring to astronomy, to aircraft developments, medical stuff, LASERS of course, because they're cool and so on, so I'm sure I'll find some common ground with almost everybody here.
I also used to be somewhat of a comic- movie- and video games nerd, so you'll probably read a phrase sometime or another that might sound familiar :clownshoes:

So, I've been lurking this forum for years, looking for good info and fun stuff like everything firearm related, disaster preparation and recovery, living the simple live etcetcblablabla. Frankly I love just about every single aspect of this institution here.

I'm also looking forward to have a chat with my fellow Swiss ZSers.

So, here i am, finally decided to chime in and drop my two cents whenever I find it necessary :awesome:

Hello to everyone and thank you for having me :clap:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, but lately, some people seem to have forgotten to pay their dues.
"But to begin with, what's wrong with soldiers making sure they stay alive? If they die needlessly, who's going to protect people like you who do nothing but sit in comfort and complain?"

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Grüezi from Switzerland

Post by raptor » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:14 pm

The_bangfrog_MK23 wrote: I've served my military terms of service in the artillery where I was responsible for a M109 KAWEST self propelled howitzer including a driver and four gunners, finished the mandatory time a couple of years ago and fulfilled the conditions to keep my service rifle, although, as usual, tuned down to semi auto only.
Welcome to the forum!

I used to spend time in Zurich on business.

I always looked forward to going there. It is great country with some very sensible people .... as is evidenced by their attitude towards military service and the treatment of their reserve forces.

:D

The_bangfrog_MK23
28 Days / Weeks later

Post by The_bangfrog_MK23 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you.

Should you happen to visit Zürich again, drop me a line, maybe we can have a beer together (I'm buying the first round, after that, no guarantees :mrgreen: ).
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, but lately, some people seem to have forgotten to pay their dues.
"But to begin with, what's wrong with soldiers making sure they stay alive? If they die needlessly, who's going to protect people like you who do nothing but sit in comfort and complain?"

Smü
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Videotape of my 13th birthday ...

Post by Smü » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:41 pm

Grüezi from up a north a bit.
"Never use actual experience within an internet debate."
- Woods Walker

If you find typos, you may keep 'em.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Hey there! Welcome to the active side of the forum! You are clearly at home here.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

The_bangfrog_MK23
28 Days / Weeks later

Post by The_bangfrog_MK23 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Thanks guys, I already feel really comfy here :D

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:31 pm

Welcome! My mother is Swiss (from Vaud), and while i grew up and live in Norway I still consider myself just as much Swiss as Norwegian.

Chicago Zombie
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The only bad zombie movie is an unwatched zombie movie...(& American Zombie, Dead Country, Zombiez, Dead Clowns....)

Post by Chicago Zombie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Welcome! from the Chicago area :D
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer. IL, WI, or IN resident? Please stop by the ZSC:020 Chicagoland Forum!
CERT & RACES member.
ZS Hall of Fame!
ZS Wiki
Free Prepper Ebooks
May is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome awareness month!
"You can't always decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you react."

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:36 am

Gruezi from Kreis 3

My time here is coming to an end but good to know someone will take up the mantle of showing off the beautiful mountains you have.
Man is a beast of prey

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Welcome!

I spent a few days in Lucerne a few years back. From what I saw it's a beautiful town and I love how your country decorates tunnel entrances... lol
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Return to “Introductions”